Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
All of you people who choose a side based on the idols and not your own beliefs have been led astray and should repent immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That seems dumb but as a fairly new Nintendo consumer I've quickly learned Nintendo do fuckin' weird poo poo sometimes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Beelerzebub posted:

The top one gives me Dookie vibes, and the second one looks like it could be the picture on the back of an album or the insert.
Second one reminds me of early Gorillaz art.

19 hours.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Can GMT players play their Splatfest then wait a bunch of time and then play the US one? Can you have different regions of the same game on the same Switch?

Edit: Is it as simple as make a US/JP Nintendo ID on PC, make a new Profile on the Switch called like '[Name]US', then just link them?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there a good writeup for tips for new players on how to play (like how to best take/hold territory, how to make best use of weapons) and how the motion controls work? I love the game but it's super-clear when there's an experienced guy on the other team.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This game is insanely fuckin' good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I see what you all were talking about earlier about sometimes not even needing to engage because I'm 100% sure I've won matches when I just checked our own backyard and filled in some gaps for a 2% win.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Coolspaz posted:

I get to play in 4.5 hours, and I'm excited. My first order of business is to not be dead last in every battle, if I can accomplish that, I'll be happy
How is that calculated anyway? I see it records usage of specials and kills, does it also record area inked?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How many maps is the full game launching with? I got a little time on the first two but the full two hours on the skatepark/Moray Towers and they felt fantastic.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hot take: Pearl looks way better in-game when she's actually moving and MCing, Marina looks better in screenshots.

Is it Friday yet.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The biggest pieces of real estate I spotted that nobody ever seemed to bother painting were the trees and side-paths in Art Academy, the upper walkways in Starfish Mainstage on top of the catwalks, and the outer sides of the walkways on Moray Towers.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 16, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I don't know any of these shops that are dumb/lazy/broke and send out stuff early. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm starting the download when I wake up at like 4:30 in the morning, so I can play it 14 hours later after I get home from my day. Work will be excruciating :yaycloud:
Speaking of which have they said what time it'll be up for purchase/download in the various timezones?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Someone mentioned it earlier but can newbies like me get a reminder of whether or not slopes and verticals count towards turf %? Was it verticals don't at all and slopes count for varying amounts based on angle or something?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can't believe Splatoon 2 got cancelled and now the rest of us have to hunt down and kill people with early copies to legally own it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If we go by midnight EST isn't that like 4AM for us UK scrubs?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's been a hell of a year.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
RIP Marina. :(

Do we have a discord for grouping up? I'm getting tired of being the only non-roller on my team. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How do you all use the Splat Gatling/Splatling or whatever it's called? It looks baller as hell but I tried it and that windup is a hell of a thing.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

deadly_pudding posted:

Somebody on Reddit recently revealed a program they made that simulates inputs from a fightstick or something over USB to "print" things in splatoon using scripted inputs, though, so at least some of them are probably that.
Got a link for this? My art is garbage but I'd like to have some pics ready to go for splatfest at least.

Edit: New page and it's me, I'm the bad poster.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Did Splatoon 1 eventually get more BGM/tunes (outside of Splatfests I mean)?

I like what we have, I just want more of it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

You pick up the football and you score a touchdown.

If neither team gets a touchdown, team that got closest to a touchdown wins.

Oh and the football is a gun.
Put that on TV and I watch.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Kurt Inkenwald.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Supercar Gautier posted:

I found someone streaming the JP Splatfest. Still waiting for Shifty Station to come up, but it's gotta happen sooner or later.

Turns out there's more than one battle song this time. Neat!
I found a different stream and man these colours are a hell of a thing.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Urrrrrgh I'd feel a lot better dying to the Blaster if the noise it makes wasn't so drat weedy-sounding.

Like at least let me feel like I was killed by a much cooler gun.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm still in B/B+ for ranked modes and buckets are a pretty rare sight. Whatever meta rules at A+/S doesn't penetrate down here. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nephzinho posted:

Only played for a few minutes since it's gone up, how is the new map?
In Control Tower it's really cool, lots of tight/blind corners for ambushes if you stick to the ground but lots of upper catwalks and walls you can cover them from. Really punishes teams who just follow the tower pathway or focus too much on the ground.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

How is the single player mode in this game?
It's a series of small challenges but all it's really designed to do is teach you controls.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ooooh nooooo hitting me with those queue times and mirror-matches. :-(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think I really like the Forge Splattershot Pro but it feels like it's way better for Tower Control/Rainmaker than Turf War/Zone Control? Trying to get a handle on some new weapons and I love the power and range but not the tiny inkwell.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That update looks incredible and I'm in love with the celtic squid tavern band.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What's a good time to jump onto the Discord? I'm a UK player and I imagine most of you guys are NA?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aight I'll hang around for a while, thanks. Getting back into it with the 2.0 update and it's still great but it'll be a little time before my skill comes back.

So since most people use the Discord rather than Nintendo's dongle+app setup is there a solution that will let me get both Switch audio and Discord audio/mic into my headphones? I play my docked Switch on my PC monitor if that makes a difference.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Pyswagoras posted:

I run a 3.5 mm cable from my TV's headphone jack to my PC's line-in jack. You could probably do this from the Switch's headphone jack too.
I'd need a male-to-male cord for that right? I'll give it a shot.

In the meantime I'm using the revolutionary technique of wearing my headset connected to discord on top of switch-connected earbuds in my ears.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Fins and Fiddles legit gets me pumped to splat, definitely that one.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

alf_pogs posted:

this is this generations best mp shooter right
Easily.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sky blue or the nice yellow are my favourite. They're very relaxing (when I'm losing).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Mokinokaro posted:

It's likely around 11 hours off.
Are we sure this isn't just a rumour based on a badly-translated line or something? It's really hard to think they're just gonna bump it to right now.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That's fuckin' wild. For some dumb reason I had July in my head but never been more glad to be corrected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
There comes a time to just admit you're not good enough to do a thing and and that time is now, and that thing is the fuckin' bonus boss holy poo poo.