Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

probably posting two honeypot newbie trap questions but what the hell

is there a power that i can get later that lets me spam two grenades a second like that other guy was just now

also is there any reason not to just use the roller at all times, it seems so far like the best most controllable weapon

i only briefly played splatoon 1 so i have little awareness of this stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i do not have access to such a weapon as the inkbrush yet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

what does the blue line on my ink refill indicator, er, indicate

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

idk why you extoll the inkbrush ‘cos this is a piece of poo poo!!!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

actually nah it’s cool but i should probably stop and focus and git gud at a weapon instead of switching so much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

matchmaking's as good as advertised at least

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Personally I main different guns in different modes. Different maps, even.

Maybe I don't "main" at all? Idk

there are modes besides turf war?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

the grind is loving real

(ed) as is my inability to find a single weapon i really like, so far :(

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 22, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

honestly i can’t tell if i’m having fun or if the lizard brain in my head insists i keep playing because of the numbers getting bigger

but i can sure as poo poo tell you

i ain’t winning

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

also i continue to be slightly mystified by the gyro controls

not sure where i want the sensitivities for gyro and stick or whether to turn the gyro off entirely

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

EightFlyingCars posted:

Stick with gyro, it becomes second nature before long. Visualize it like a laser pointer, you can even play with one joycon in each hand if it helps.

Go through all of the single-player portion using gyro if you haven't done it already, it's very good as a training course.

completely forgot there was a single player, lmao

i’m sure it ultimately comes down to user preference just like always, but what sensitivities do y’all use for gyro and rstick?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

wait you’re not all saying to stop using rstick entirely, are you???? :raise:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 22, 2018

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ech this is makin my head hurt to try to coordinate

i was not a dedicated wii u guy, gyro aim does not come natural

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Anything that can be done about my between-battle queues taking such a huge amount of time? Seems like it’s anything from 5 seconds to 10 minutes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

holy lol the gameplay is so much better in ranked, at least for the mode of the moment (rainmaker)

just having a focused goal makes such a huge difference and makes me better understand why and when to use a weapon and... jesus that rationale for gating rank 10 stinks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I think so far the bucket, whatever it's actually called, seems to be my best weapon. Are there any others that are like that, with slow refire rate but high damage (or some other advantage)?

Maybe there's a charger in my future that's better than the starting rifle which is a pile of old rear end?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

Other sloshers are like that as well. Tri-Slosher has a shorter range, but it has a faster fire rate, and wider shots. So aiming is far more forgiving there, so long as you're in range of your target. Sloshing Machine is a bit different from those two in that you are rewarded for a direct hit, but has a fairly forgiving indirect hit range as well. Also it has a different arc type (the shot arcs up a lot farther before coming down), which can make it easier to do something like drive Inklings off the tower in Tower Control.

Blasters are also slow firing weapons, but they deal a ton of damage on a hit. There are a group of Blasters (Luna Blaster, Blaster, and Range Blaster) that will all instantly splat an Inkling on a direct hit. However, the shots also explode and deal splash damage, so they're also fairly forgiving if you miss. Other Blasters simply deal a lot of damage on a direct hit and a bit less if you hit with the splash damage instead.

Luna Blaster is the fastest firing lethal Blaster, but has the shortest range out of all of them.

Blaster is the jack of all trades when it comes to lethal Blasters.

Range Blaster is the longest ranged lethal Blaster, but it also has the slowest firing rate, so it's really unforgiving to use.

Rapid Blaster is one of the fastest firing Blasters, but doesn't instantly splat on a direct hit, and explosions deal even less damage. However, it's even longer ranged than the Range Blaster.

Rapid Blaster Pro is similar to the Rapid Blaster, but has a slower firing rate in exchange for even more range.

Clash Blaster is the fastest firing Blaster period. However, it's also the shortest ranged Blaster, on top of being the weakest in terms of raw damage. A direct hit is even weaker than a Rapid Blaster direct, and killing with the splash damage is fairly slow. Its explosions are bigger than the other Blasters, though. Also unfortunately, it's one of the last weapons to be unlocked, since you need to be level 30 to get access to both kits.

I hate to tell you this, but the Splat Charger and Splatterscope are considered to be the best chargers in the game right now. All the others are either considered to be really bad in comparison (E-liter, Squiffer, and Goo Tuber), or requires a ridiculous amount of practice to make good. (Bamboozler.)

oh jeez i thought with blasters you were supposed to hit with the explosion and NOT directly, fuckin rip

guess I know what I'm trying tomorrow. thanks for the writeups y'all

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

anyone got recs on what weapon types they generally recommend for different battle formats? i’m drawing a blank overall, and except for chargers I can find something to like in every single one of them :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

g0lbez posted:

From your earlier post I think you might like splatlings. Long charge time but once it's charged you fire ink at an absurd rate and generally if you get the crosshair over someone just ever so briefly they'll go down.

Maybe if the charge time were slightly less. Getting jumped while using one of those things sucks :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I don’t but I’m an FF14 Alumnus and Fracture Kelly edits had one hell of a heyday there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ask me about optimal MNK rotations and cross-classes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

and I can't see whatever this is because imgur is blocked at work. internet segmentation sucks rear end :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

repiv posted:

vv it's the same image, just mirrored so LethalGeek can see

Oh.

i can't see discordapp.com either so i didn't realize there was an image in that post :negative:

think i got it from context tho, so nevermind

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

by the way, what's a woomy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i thought someone tried and concluded it was mostly untranslatable scrobble, or wasn’t planned/was made independently by several writers

efb