Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dugong posted:

I know most people use motion controls and I did too in Splat 1 but does that mean you didn't use the right stick at all? I use it when I need to quickly make adjustments. Also any protips for sensitivity?

I use the stick for broader aiming and motion for fine. As your sensitivity, that's a subjective thing so you'll have to figure that out yourself what feels best. I know for me I'll want it more sensitive when playing handheld so I don't have to move the screen as much. I'm happy they gave us separate settings for both TV and handheld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a goon spreadsheet with all our friend codes? I want to play with all of you.

SW-1651-3438-4706

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there an ink brush you'll be able to use in the splatfest?

Probably just the four weapons listed.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

are t here people okay with carrying me as dead weight

Keep those corners painted for us and everything will work out.:thumbsup:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Good thing for you guys that both the Wii U and Switch have a bunch of other good games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

We should really do some scheduled GoonSalmon Runs.

I'll be down for this every time. This looks like a shooter PVE mode I may actually enjoy for once.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Futaba Anzu posted:

do switch games load and run faster if you go digital or physical with them?

Digital is faster. By how much, depends on the game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Futaba Anzu posted:

what is the ratio of useful to stupid idiot phrases on the built in chat wheel? I wish to fit in as much of the latter onto mine

There's only two, "This way" and "Booyah". It's all you need.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I miss c'mon. It's much more versatile than "this way".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I feel like frozen yogurt is more popular now. I constantly see those places more packed vs. ice cream shops.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rexroom posted:

Digital Foundry did their analysis, and while it can and does run at 1080p with 60 fps, it's working on an adaptive resolution, meaning it'll drop resolution if need be.

https://youtu.be/Fg9ptMnVJmI

Still, it definitely has the Nintendo level shine to it.

Guess they couldn't test multiplayer yet but that gives me hope for 1080p multi since its probably less intensive than the campaign.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Add me if on team ice cream. I have a room open for 3 players. I'm under the name Sean if you already added me.

SW-1651-3438-4706

The new Splatfest battle theme is incredible.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got Ineffiable in. Need two more!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EDIT: Full!

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 15, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

Are motion controls really the optimal way to play? I cannot stand motion controls in any way whatsoever.

Yes unless you use a roller. You'll be at a massive disadvantage otherwise.

Sorry to the guys that I'm teamed up with. I keep getting kicked due to lovely router.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Don't believe the motion control propaganda, you'll do just fine with the stick alone, with a bonus of not getting carpal tunnel from waggling like an idiot to shoot someone

I just turn slightly for fine adjustments. If you're wagging then you're doing it wrong.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Another thing to remember about not using motion is that this game doesn't have auto aim like other duel stick shooters so it's pretty lovely to aim.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kelp Plankton posted:

This game is a ton of fun. I feel like I'll be playing a ton more of it when it's actually out and you earn XP and money and stuff, because I'm not totally happy with the weapons you've got here in the beta thing. want that umbrella

The weapons were super diverse in the first so you'll find a few you love.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The stages just shifted. Moray Towers and Humpback Pump Track.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Millions posted:

I loving love Moray Towers. Sneaking into the other side and rolling their entire pathway is so satisfying. Onward, cake comrades.

The inkrails really improve the map.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What does the power mean? I'm sure it does something in the full game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

eonwe posted:

I figured itd feel the same, but the controls are so much better docked imho

Definitely but just having the option of playing the best online shooter portability loving owns. I would have missed this Splatfest otherwise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zaphod42 posted:

How do wrist strap effect your grip though? You're crazy dude.

They probably weren't playing with them in the grip. I can't get used to separated joycons for anything but Arms.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Not getting up to Ice Cream King since I'm lame and took a break. I think this game will keep my attention even more than the first one with all the unlockables, customization and salmon run.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kirios posted:

Why did no one tell me Splatoon was an amazing game.

gently caress at other shooters.

Splatoon has ruined all other shooters for me. That's fine though since now I don't need another console.

A shame nothing transfers over from this. A medal or special shirt would have been nice.

I have a feeling it'll be a massive ice cream popularity win with cake taking it overall from wins. My team poo poo the bed most of the times we actually went up against cake.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

squidgee posted:

So when do we find out if 🎂 or 🍦 won?

They usually announce it an hour or so after. I wonder if we'll be able to see the results in the demo or if it'll be announced on Twitter.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Aww, I was hoping we could walk around the square and look at drawings still.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want my snails for that win.:argh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They're fun but I'll probably stick with something like the nzap for turf war and something like the .96gal for ranked.

I think it's the splattershot pro in that pic.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Saint Freak posted:

Hmm...so splatfests are legally binding.

That's funny to think that Callie is recorded as garbage in the Inkpolis Laws.

Makes sense why she left.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

Unless I'm misremembering, vertical space does not count in turf war.

It doesn't but there's still plenty of places worth doing it for mobility reasons.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

Also, does turf war ever show up in ranked?

I don't think so. It never did in Splatoon 1. I like to think of Splatfest as ranked turf war.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Milosh posted:

How much does everyone love this on switch? should I get it?

It'll end up as one of the console's best games. It's really a fresh and unique take on multiplayer shooters that can't be compared to any other game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is anyone having issues with the camera not resetting properly when in handheld mode? I would like to play this laying down but unless the handset is angled downwards I spend the whole time looking at the sky.

That's what the Y button is for. Press it when in a comfortable neutral position. I'm not sure how well motion will work if you're laying down straight though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Twist And Pout! posted:

Ketchup is gonna win so hard. Kids love ketchup. It's the base of any kid's food pyramid.

I wish it was mustard vs. ketchup. Mustard owns and is one of the few condiments that isn't disgustingly unhealthy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

Maybe I'm too impatient but it's painful how long it takes after a match is over to get into a new one.

Doesn't seem longer than any other online shooter to me.:shrug:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I almost died in the first online match because I was distracted by this on a wall.:lol:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Grizzco employee handbook and the salmonid field guide are hilarious. Check them out if you haven't already.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ranked up once in Salmon Run and I think I've finally found a shooter PVE mode that I actually enjoy! I love that the rounds don't drag on too long and I love that the weapons are randomized so everyone is forced into a role.

There's also some pretty hilarious and hosed up social commentary in this mode.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

So it's basically the amiibo only challenges that were in Splatoon 1.

How do amiibo unlocks work? I scanned the green squid and got the power helmet but it won't give me the rest. Is it one a day or something?