Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jetpackhewy posted:

I love the idea! I fear what the plaza may become because of this Splatfest, though.

It’s going to be awful and full of repurposed racist jokes.:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

absolutely anything posted:

are inklings/octolings that pick the other team race traitors

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1013981371843293184?s=21
You have to play as what race you chose.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

https://twitter.com/SuperDaStar/status/1015151962549993472

Okay, that's really loving creepy. What the gently caress, Nintendo!?

Lowkey grossed out by closely inspecting this character model.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fedule posted:

In news unrelated to whatever the hell all this is, I've rediscovered my first love, the .96 Gal, and I can't remember why I ever left, because I'm splatting squids/octos left and right with this god drat thing. Maybe I've just gotten better at aiming so I can actually hit people with the two shots per second you get from this thing.

That’s my main and I’ll never give it up.:hfive:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Using a roller and killing as many enemies as you can while they spawn in is the best way to do it. Make sure to kill the ones about to use specials.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I chose team squid and regret it.:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZeButler posted:

gently caress off.

They’re not wrong unless you’re really good with rollers. No need for hostility in the squid kid thread.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

tehllama posted:

I've been on the fence about getting this since I got my switch. I haven't played a console shooter since the original Halo because twin stick aiming sucks if you're used to a mouse and keyboard. How lost am I going to be trying to learn the controls/how to play? How is the community?

Gyro aiming is just as good as keyboard and mouse once you get used to it but it does take some getting used to. If you’re up to it then give the game a shot. It’s really fun and stands out from other shooter games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want to see how the Pearl and Marina outfits look on male ‘lings.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 13, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

repiv posted:

nintendo permabanned that guys accounts and console so wish granted i suppose

I think his point was that he wants Nintendo to make it so people him him couldn’t do that in the first place. It’s nice that they’re pretty quick about bans though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really appreciate that the game now puts you at the Grizzco entrance after exiting Salmon Run.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I really hope they add Urchin Underpass before they stop adding stages. The game feels a little weird without it. Saltspray Rig would be cool too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

Im hoping they just put in every splatoon 1 map tbh.

Yeah, why not. I kinda miss Bluefin Depot as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I chose squid but I regret it now.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How’s popularity seem so far? Anyone get mirror matches already?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Once Splatfests end for Splatoon 2, I hope they start putting the various shifty stations into rotation. I love most of them.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Team Squid has been utter poo poo for me. I think Octo has this one and well deserved.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Definitely interested how this one will turn out. I’ve been getting a lot of squid mirror matches.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm glad i get a once a month reminder that turf war is my least favorite mode in the game

I hope we can get a ranked Splatfest someday. Ranked is so so much better. Even Clam Blitz.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They should bring back Saltspray Rig as a Salmon Run map. It would work great.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zeruel posted:

Clam blitz loving rules thanks for listening.

It needs some tweaks but it’s really fun when both teams clearly know what to do. I had a lot of intense close games on it last night.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It always made me laugh that there’s actually a clothing ability that depends on one of your teammates quitting mid-game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Japan is getting another sponsored Splatfest in two weeks time - and it's a rerun from the previous game.

I’m glad I don’t have to participate in this one since it would be a very tough choice. Both those cookies own.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you’re having a lot of trouble with Girl Power Station, watch a YouTube of someone doing it and just copy them. They always drop in set spawns the key is to splat as many of them as you can when they jump in and save a splashdown when it gets really hectic at the end.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BrightWing posted:

Il give it a try tonight. Still need to power through some solo stuff anyways.

Solo is really the best teacher for getting the gyro down. Keep at it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/gonintendotweet/status/1030327904486318081?s=21
Apparently people may have found what the next American Splatfest will be via data mining.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m a weirdo that sometimes eats ice cream and rice dishes with a fork so I guess I know what I have to pick.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It sucks but it’s just $20 a year. Even less if you do a group family buy.

I really hope Nintendo adds more to make it enticing other than a few NES games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spoon Knight. I probably would have gone Team Spoon if I saw that artwork before voting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All the music in the expansion is really good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

I played with a person today who was lv 93*, and I looked at his profile and he has played Splatoon 2 for OVER 1900 HOURS

I just don’t understand how that’s possible :psyduck:

I have multiple friends with hours like that in Destiny so it’s definitely possible.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Randumb Thots posted:

Funny how Splatoon is my favorite current game, I have nowhere near that many hours invested in it, yet I’ve put in the same 60 hours into Octopath.

I don’t think I could put that much time into a game and still enjoy it. It’s kinda lame that the game even has ranks that cater to obsessive playing like that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Poor Marina is starting to crack.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ZeButler posted:

because if they don't, the game will literally stop working come September.

Huh? How do you know?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d assume that Nintendo would have already had that system in place but then again Nintendo.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They should make it so Pearl and Marina actually perform on the map itself during Splatfest.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m actually excited about official online multiplayer for NES games so I don’t feel bad shelling out $20 a year.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

There's a direct scheduled for tomorrow evening, focusing on the next few months of Switch/3DS, and Splatoon always shows up for a check in with the Lab, so I'm guessing the mainstage rework gets unveiled in like a 60 second stinger and it's available this weekend.

They said we’d get content until at least the end of the year so maybe we’ll get a preview of that as well. I just really want Urchin Underpass since that felt like the defining map from 1 and it’s odd it’s still not here.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Another Salmon Run map would be nice as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Some people think this is when the rescheduled Direct will be now judging by this.