Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c

Hmmm yes let's go to the most racist country in the world and try to get treated fairly, what's this you say I need to bring 5,000 dollars just to survive while you dick around and maybe pay me? Hmm sounds very honorable, Totoro-san, hai !
Related videos is full of similar experiences, it's pretty hilarious, every single one a weaboo who thought he'd be entering anime world and instead was greeted by reality of Glorious Nippon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
It was you.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What level of autism is this guy on?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Lol he could've ended this poo poo at two minutes in. at 'need a girlfriend.' my old college roommate got one of them when he went to work there and I hear they do wonders

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Peetown Manning posted:

Lol he could've ended this poo poo at two minutes in. at 'need a girlfriend.' my old college roommate got one of them when he went to work there and I hear they do wonders

Are you talking about the guy in the beginning? That's just the introduction, there's a more pathetic guy who follows and obviously blurs his face

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
About 10 years ago I was going to teach English in Japan but decided to try it out in Barcelona first and ended up staying there for 6 years instead and it was loving rad as hell. The Catalans by and large love a cynic so I got on with them really well and never once fancied giving up being surrounded by smoking hot people, good food, beautiful architecture, cheap and decent booze and sunny weather to go to Japan where I was sure to go insane.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the ops vid keeps showing up in my suggested videos and i will never click it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I stumbled upon this Ryan Boundless guy's Youtube about a week ago. Despite having no interest in Japan I watched a few videos. Guy seems to hate his life.

Edit. Also that face blur wasn't there when I watched this a week ago.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Are you talking about the guy in the beginning? That's just the introduction, there's a more pathetic guy who follows and obviously blurs his face

Wow I gave up but you got me back in...

So the companies he talks about are those entry-level teaching exchanges right? The job is comparable to Robin Williams in Good Morning, Vietnam? I mean anybody going in with any brains knows it's gonna be an awkward year, but in the name of advancement...right? That seemed to be my buddies attitude but also he's chiller than most and perhaps a tier or two above socially adept.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

frytechnician posted:

About 10 years ago I was going to teach English in Japan but decided to try it out in Barcelona first and ended up staying there for 6 years instead and it was loving rad as hell. The Catalans by and large love a cynic so I got on with them really well and never once fancied giving up being surrounded by smoking hot people, good food, beautiful architecture, cheap and decent booze and sunny weather to go to Japan where I was sure to go insane.
Japan is fun to visit, but living there isn't so great even when you're making decent money. Unless you're Japanese or look Japanese then it's okay I guess, but I'm a big oafy not-Japanese guy so.

I don't get why anyone would teach english there. The pay isn't good enough.

Pros: Showers/tubs in decent apartments have their own waterproof room which is amazing and superior to western style bathrooms in every single way, where I stayed had electronically controlled water temperature
Pretty much crime free, you see children ages 5+ alone on the subway and trains daily in contrast to the west where people call CPS on you if your 10 year old rides his bike a block away in the year 2017, no one tries to scam you
Public transportation destroys anywhere I've been to in the west, if anyone knows of a place with similar where people speak english feel free to tell me because I'd live there
Food is similarly priced or cheaper than the west and you won't get sick

Cons: You're surrounded by hundreds of people but all alone
It's inconvenient to do pretty much anything that isn't "eat out" or "shop at a store" or "visit a place", for example going to an actual gym and lifting actual weights is very difficult because you have to travel for a while and it's real expensive
Lots of stuff is real expensive although it seems like this is less true in 2017 than 2012
Everyone speaks Japanese and even though lots of people know enough English to understand you they won't speak English, so you largely communicate by translating on your mobile phone and showing it to them or pointing at things

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 9, 2017

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Khorne posted:

Japan is fun to visit, but living there isn't so great even when you're making decent money. Unless you're Japanese or look Japanese then it's okay I guess, but I'm a big oafy not-Japanese guy so.

I don't get why anyone would teach english there. The pay isn't good enough.

Pros: Showers/tubs in decent apartments have their own waterproof room which is amazing and superior to western style bathrooms in every single way, where I stayed had electronically controlled water temperature
Pretty much crime free, you see children ages 5+ alone on the subway and trains daily in contrast to the west where people call CPS on you if your 10 year old rides his bike a block away in the year 2017, no one tries to scam you
Public transportation destroys anywhere I've been to in the west, if anyone knows of a place with similar where people speak english feel free to tell me because I'd live there
Food is similarly priced or cheaper than the west and you won't get sick

Cons: You're surrounded by hundreds of people but all alone
It's inconvenient to do pretty much anything that isn't "eat out" or "shop at a store" or "visit a place", for example going to an actual gym and lifting actual weights is very difficult because you have to travel for a while and it's real expensive
Lots of stuff is real expensive although it seems like this is less true in 2017 than 2012
Everyone speaks Japanese and even though lots of people know enough English to understand you they won't speak English, so you largely communicate by translating on your mobile phone and showing it to them or pointing at things

Singapore is amazing, clean, very low crime, awesome public transportation, and English is the official language. I highly recommend checking it out. Great way to get exposure to lots of different Asian cultures at once, since it's a melting pot trade hub. Only problem is that everything except food is expensive.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Day Man posted:

Singapore is amazing, clean, very low crime, awesome public transportation, and English is the official language. I highly recommend checking it out. Great way to get exposure to lots of different Asian cultures at once, since it's a melting pot trade hub. Only problem is that everything except food is expensive.

Another problem is if you step out of line you get executed.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Khorne posted:

Yeah or you could learn Japanese and speak that instead of yelling poo poo in English and holding your stupid loving phone in their faces you rear end in a top hat tourist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
op when you post threads i assume its commie ned flanders who posts them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a star war betamax posted:

Yeah or you could learn Japanese and speak that instead of yelling poo poo in English and holding your stupid loving phone in their faces you rear end in a top hat tourist

:hai:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Well sure there's a dark side, but how much do you save on underage girl action figures?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

a star war betamax posted:

I don't even try to speak english to people in Japan unless they speak english to me first. The only time I used my phone was with the train guy because the machine ate $20 instead of putting it on my card. He pulled out a tablet and used translate first. He also refused to refund me or put the money on my card anyway.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im not watching a 40 minute youtube video of a blurred face idiot OP!

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Why did he get his face blurred in that what the gently caress.

Too bad I found his first ever youtube called Barry vs Japan #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIGzlJjRH0

Mayber not a spoiler but:
Japan won

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
This guy made it at least. https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/602kfq/noticed_an_odd_name_in_the_credits_for_botw/

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dumb rear end white boy experiences adversity and discrimination for first time in life, melts down for an hour and flees the country

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hmm, like five hours actually assuming the other four videos are similar length

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Flavahbeast posted:

the ops vid keeps showing up in my suggested videos and i will never click it

you'll have to crack eventually, and we'll be there when you do.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Also both of them look like pedophiles

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Blue Train posted:

Dumb rear end white boy experiences adversity and discrimination for first time in life, melts down for an hour and flees the country

This will do him permanent psychological damage and he will become insanely racist from now on, spending hours every day posting on internet forums

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

frytechnician posted:

The Catalans by and large love a cynic so I got on with them really well and never once fancied giving up being surrounded by smoking hot people, good food, beautiful architecture, cheap and decent booze and sunny weather to go to Japan where I was sure to go insane.
Those poor Catalans learned English from a man who wrote this sentence.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

This will do him permanent psychological damage and he will become insanely racist from now on, spending hours every day posting on internet forums

Speaking from experience, I see.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

frytechnician posted:

This sounds rad, where do I sign up

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

literally a hog posted:

Why did he get his face blurred in that what the gently caress.

Too bad I found his first ever youtube called Barry vs Japan #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIGzlJjRH0

Mayber not a spoiler but:
Japan won
His face wasn't blurred when it first came out. Maybe he thought better of it later.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

lol at Americans calling Japan racist

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

sounds about right

Egbert Souse posted:

Americans wish they could be as racist as japan

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Egbert Souse posted:

Who better to recognize racism than racists?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The government mailed the survey to 18,500 foreign residents across the country late last year, and received responses from 4,252 of them.

About 30% of the respondents said they had been on the receiving end of discriminatory remarks “often” or “sometimes”. Those comments were most likely to be made by strangers, but many people also pointed the finger at bosses, colleagues or subordinates in their workplaces, the Jiji news agency reported.

Problems in workplaces were not confined to verbal remarks. One in four people who had sought a job said they were denied employment because they were a foreigner, and one in five believed they were paid less than their Japanese counterparts for similar work.

Housing discrimination was also believed to be common among the 2,044 survey respondents who had looked for a place to live in the past five years.

Four in 10 people in this group said they had been stopped from moving into housing because they were foreigners. Some of them had even seen notices saying foreigners were not accepted, the Kyodo news agency reported.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The survey also found significant unease about ultra-nationalist campaigners who frequently drive around the streets of major cities with loudspeakers expressing their sentiments.

More than 1,150 hate speech rallies were held in Japan between April 2012 and September 2015, according to data previously released by the justice ministry.

Four in 10 respondents to the latest survey said they were uncomfortable about such demonstrations against foreigners. Japan introduced a law to curb hate speech in June last year, but it has been criticised for lacking penalties.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Z2O9Nwt6c

Hmmm yes let's go to the most racist country in the world and try to get treated fairly, what's this you say I need to bring 5,000 dollars just to survive while you dick around and maybe pay me? Hmm sounds very honorable, Totoro-san, hai !
Related videos is full of similar experiences, it's pretty hilarious, every single one a weaboo who thought he'd be entering anime world and instead was greeted by reality of Glorious Nippon
I posted this in the China thread because the best part is he "escaped" Japan to go work in China, which is like 1.4 billion times worse in every way as far as everything possible.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Holy poo poo, the video in the op is 40 minutes long

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Those poor Catalans learned English from a man who wrote this sentence.

Remember Spanish Manlove

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Haier posted:

I posted this in the China thread because the best part is he "escaped" Japan to go work in China, which is like 1.4 billion times worse in every way as far as everything possible.

The blurry face guy who self owned says at the end of the video that China is awesome ???

theLamer
Dec 2, 2005
I put the lame in blame
The second guy in the video takes forever to get to the point. Cliff notes anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
and then he moved back to japan ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF6am7PKr0o

• Locked thread