Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The problem at least for team sports vis a vis parity is most owners don't give a poo poo about winning as long as they're still putting asses in seats. The Cleveland Browns have been putting out an absolute joke of a team ever since they came back but why should they give a poo poo about spending the time and money on a good one if the fans keep showing up? They can put bags over their heads and boo everything but they're still buying tickets.

Hell, hasn't been much different for the Lions. Things only came to a head when they were finally in danger of being blacked out because those fans at least finally found their breaking point and stopped going to watch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

isn't Financial Fair Play more about making sure owners don't spend wildly and make clubs insolvent, than about parity

Ultimately, yeah, but I don't think you'll ever see any league or club admit that.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dont be mean to me posted:

Let me get this straight.

Fifteen million people deserve to be murdered horribly.

The world deserves to be driven to the brink of global war.

Human rights deserve to be flushed down the toilet even harder than usual.

All so whatever team your sad rear end watches play a kid's game stand a half-percent chance of drawing in journeymen. Not even all-stars.

What is wrong with you?!

lmao

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mods please rename the thread to "Should all Angelenos Be Brutally Firebombed To Death? A Serious Discussion"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yep. Cleveland already had a near impossible task to beat them before and they drat sure weren't going to beat them after it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The NBA season was a foregone conclusion even before KD went to Golden State though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kirios posted:

The 2017 NBA Playoffs were tremendously boring to watch from start to finish.

They still drew ridiculous ratings. It will never change until people stop watching.

The finals drew massive ratings. I'm pretty sure they were down across the board the rest of the way compared to previous years.

EDIT: I'm wrong and dumb! Apparently viewership was up on the whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaah, that's what it was.

• Locked thread