Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The actual death is to be the Cleveland Browns or Toronto Maple Leafs, where you have a die-hard fanbase and an owner who knows that he doesn't have to actually try to win titles to make lots of money, because the fans won't stop going to games.

The browns are....complicated.

I imagine the fans are also terrified about 1995 happening again so they continue to support them through the thinnest of times. You also have a media class in this city that refuses to be patient with front offices, coaches, and players. While a lot of those i just typed have flat out sucked? There's a lot of other stories where a young QB was rushed into playing time behind a poo poo o-line and pretty much broke the guy's spirit.

I think being in a division like the current AFC North is also a problem. Pre-Roethlisberger, Pre-Flacco? They made progress. They were in the playoffs within 3 years of their existence. I've seen "meh" teams make the playoffs several times. But the Browns rarely get that opprotunity because you have two freak of nature good franchises above them hogging the title and wildcard spot. Not to mention the Bengals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

iospace posted:

Right now, it's the Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers/Ravens, (formerly) Saints, (formerly) Colts, and (formerly) Broncos shows in their divisions in recent years. The only division without a dynasty at the division championship level has been the NFC East with a revolving door between all four.

It helps when there's like one dynasty in division.

generally when that happens? you can kinda have random teams occasionally get on hot runs and wind up in the playoffs. I think when Roethlisberger and Brady retire? The AFC as a whole will be interesting to see play out.

• Locked thread