Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

rudatron posted:

modest mao is a is dead wrong, homophobia is a result of patriarchy in china, not white people

the whole 'well you see all prejudice in the third world is just EXPORTED from the first' is simultaneously infantalizing and shamelessly reactionary

nah, any aversion to homosexuality started in the Qing dynasty after contact with Jesuits... now it may have taken roots for different reasons than in the west but it's historically an imported ideology and if you don't think europe exported hateful ideology to asia then LOL x 1,000,000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
China's state ideology is nominally called "Marxist", Which you might not know but refers to a very specific Prussian man, not a chinaman. The idea that cultures appropriate and evolve after contacting each other is not """""infantilizing"""" you loving retard, you moron

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the ccp is only nominally communist, they've gone to great effort to push confucious as the intellectual foundation over marx, and it is actually infantilizing to push the responsibility of problematic social trends within China upon the west, because the class of people who aren't responsible for their actions are usually referred to as 'children'

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Christianity's been in China for almost a 1000 years before the Qing Dynasty was founded, and, like consumed by normies pointed out, China has had institutionalized homophobia long before the west made contact.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
How can homosexuality be a western invention if all western inventions were appropriated from glorious China 6000 years?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Modest Mao posted:

China's state ideology is nominally called "Marxist", Which you might not know but refers to a very specific Prussian man, not a chinaman. The idea that cultures appropriate and evolve after contacting each other is not """""infantilizing"""" you loving retard, you moron

its cool how words are meaningless imo

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lmao oh my god homophobia is a western "invention"????

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Karl Barks posted:

All forms of bigotry originated in the west.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Glorious Nippon used to be a great place where men could suck each other off, and women didn't wear underwear - until the gaijin imposed unfair treaties and made them put on panties.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

MizPiz posted:

Christianity's been in China for almost a 1000 years before the Qing Dynasty was founded, and, like consumed by normies pointed out, China has had institutionalized homophobia long before the west made contact.

his post agrees with me much, much, much more I suggest you read it again.

A law against the prostitution of young men is not conclusively "institutionalized homophobia" considering parts of China have a god of gay marriage, 兔兒神

homophobia is an import into china no matter how you slice it

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Like there are christians, in Korea, a lot of them. Did koreans indipendently invent a monotheistic god who sent his son to earth etc etc no they were exposed to new ideas in contact with foreign cultures and adopted things for various reasons

It's extremely bizarre to think that "China" is an entity abstracted from all history of civilization and that any person arbitrarily born inside their borders who is homophobic must have found themselves so from unique and isolated 'chinese' cultural influences and not like the 3 major world religions (all of which are foreign, one of which took root in china) believing intercourse must be reproductive

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
also lol at someone who said patriarchical societies are homophobic, or that there's any correlation that's sum fukin in-cred-i-bell historical illiteracy

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Glorious Nippon used to be a great place where men could suck each other off, and women didn't wear underwear - until the gaijin imposed unfair treaties and made them put on panties.

Also this make japanese guys get obsessed with panties

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Sorry White Man, You're The Devil After All

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bring back the institution of Shudo

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Karl Barks posted:

The best part of this line is that it also requires believing homosexuality was invented by Jew doctors some time in the mid-late 19th century

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Sorry folks, everyone on earth is just naturally homophobic, it's not some made up power dynamic that can be traced through history at all, just the conclusion everyone on earth eventually arrives at, now move along

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Modest Mao posted:

Like there are christians, in Korea, a lot of them. Did koreans indipendently invent a monotheistic god who sent his son to earth etc etc no they were exposed to new ideas in contact with foreign cultures and adopted things for various reasons

It's extremely bizarre to think that "China" is an entity abstracted from all history of civilization and that any person arbitrarily born inside their borders who is homophobic must have found themselves so from unique and isolated 'chinese' cultural influences and not like the 3 major world religions (all of which are foreign, one of which took root in china) believing intercourse must be reproductive

China in scarequotes

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the chinese invented homosexuality long before the greeks did

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
me chinese
me play joke
me put pee-pee in man-folk

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thug Lessons posted:

China in scarequotes

It should have been "Third World" as I meant to quote rudatrons aptly rudimentary idea of how the gently caress anything at all works, especially that the "third world" (which is a completely useless term evoked for knee-jerk reactions) has any cultural casual link with anything outside of it, as if culture can only flow from the exploited to the exploiter or some other less-than-baby level understanding

but I'm just some idiot who lives in a country called China and not like, a smarty who quotes wiki and doesn't understand that it says exactly the opposite of what they think it does

edit: also these posts are putting bread on my table thank you all invlolved

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ah. homophobia in china is not so bad now that I know the white man is at fault.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Homophobia was invented in the West, by me.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope next they ban anime filth from Steam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
this modest mao guy is lf as gently caress

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

yaaaaa he's carrying the torch

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the youth lead the way

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

its me, im the inventor of homophobia, ama

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

nice

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is cool

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

as a liberal i feel obligated to point out... that this is very good

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Homophobia is not 'culture', it's a prejudice, and by declaring it an import, you're shifting responsibility of that prejudice from the people who have it, to a more convenient target - in this case, the west. Rather than acknowledging local material problems that lead to the promotion of this stuff, maturely, all you're doing is flipping out at the suggestion that chinese people have some kind of agency.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Thug Lessons posted:

The best part of this line is that it also requires believing homosexuality was invented by Jew doctors some time in the mid-late 19th century

1) I have never heard of this connection before.

2) I didn't even know "homosexuality is because of the Jews" was an actual conspiracy theory.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its probably not hard to find a jewish conspiracy explanation for any phenomenon cultural social or even biological

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

poop is the fault of the eternal jew btw

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

rudatron posted:

the ccp is only nominally communist, they've gone to great effort to push confucious as the intellectual foundation over marx, and it is actually infantilizing to push the responsibility of problematic social trends within China upon the west, because the class of people who aren't responsible for their actions are usually referred to as 'children'

Yeah it's a big boy country now

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Also I was listening to the Chinese history and came to conclusion that ancient China was really really gay.
Also that Wu Zietan owned bones

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Zas posted:

its probably not hard to find a jewish conspiracy explanation for any phenomenon cultural social or even biological

the inevitable fading of the universe into the eternal high-entropy night was started by the elders of zion in 1824 with their blasphemous device the 'Carnot heat engine'

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
people keep saying transformers aren't gay but they're pretty gay in some of the comics they get gayrobomarried and everything

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/dec/02/transformers-lost-light-comic-same-sex-partnerships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"the white man made the people homophobic" is pretty much the same as "the jews made the people gay"

• Locked thread