Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

The king nods thoughtfully at Matias' comment. "Indeed, the giant's disappearance is unfortunate, but perhaps it is better he faced the wrath of his gods now rather than during a critical moment." Next to him, Guard-Captain Amenset looks at Sassy with a mix of hope and suspicion. "Though if your friend is as good at predicting the future as you claim, even his presence wouldn't save you. As I'm sure you understand, the three units of our best warriors is as much as I can spare." Smiling like only those born rich and powerful can, Benipe swallows a piece of fish before speaking. "Every artisan not occupied with something of importance is, of course, at your disposal, though as glad as I am to have heard of their initial successes with your strange weaponry, I remind you we have no technology to rival that from beyond the stars." He almost manages to disguise the slight hint of sadness in his voice when he says so, a remarkable feat for a master craftsman faced with tools unimaginably superior to anything his people could produce.

Before you can get a word in, Renenet interjects in a concerned voice. "I'll try to find a suitable candidate to warn Ravy of the approaching Imperials, so that you may stay where you are needed." Apastatauk gestures approvingly to the priestess before continuing. "Certainly prudent, though I wonder if it would be wiser to simply prevent the Imperial convoy from reaching Ravy in the first place. I would not want to draw their ire on Nad'halan, but many more familiar with the desert have been claimed by it." You recognise the native water-rites at work as you read the king's intent from his unsaid words and body language as you would from those of a close family member. Before answering, you take a moment to consider your current situation.

-You were hired by a sorcerer-lord on Q'sal to ensure the feral world of Vaporius does not fall under Imperial control.
-You landed some weeks ago near the city-state of Nad'halan, and established a better-than-cordial relationship with the locals.

-Sympathising with your cause, the king assigned three units of local psyker-warriors under your command for the time being.
-You participated in a local ritual which caused the locals to instinctively regard you as if you were a friendly neighbour or distant relative, and vice versa.
-You scouted out the Imperial compound a few dozen kilometres outside the city.

-Posing as local converts you infiltrated the camp and discovered they plan to send a group to forcibly convert the city of Ravy three days from now.

Both the king and his advisers look to you, the super-humans from out of this world, for your input.

Starting short and simple, with a quick listing of where we are after last time.
OOC thread here, previous game thread here.

Situational aspects that apply to you and/or your presence in Nad'halan for the time being:
Rite of Royal Waters. Locals intuitively feel as if they've known you all their life, and vice versa.
Favour of the King. The king and his advisers openly support and personally like you.
Local assistance. In addition to the warriors under your command, a number of native workers and artisans are pledged to you for help in less violent tasks.

If you have questions about your current situation, ask here, in the OOC thread, or in #acolyte. As usual, have your character sheet and portrait in your first post, then from there on have your name at the top of any post with in-character text, with OOC stuff in this thread in italics and so on. You all know the drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

"Hey Patchouli, think you can jam their communications? It would make it harder for the imperials to assign blame if we ambush them" The psyker spins around and spreads her arms wide and grins "We just gotta make sure no one escapes! Know of any good ambush spots along the way Apastatauk?"

quote:

Concept: Delinquent Psyker Schoolgirl

Modes:
Good: Q'sal Education(6p)
pyromancy/divination/will/science/notice
-Mispelled homeworld as Queso

Fair: Psyker(3p)
pyromancy/will
-Tzeentchian Homowizard

Average: Banter(9p)
contacts/deceive/empathy/provoke/rapport/will
-Friendly Vagrant

Omega
-Down with the maaaaan

Weird Skills:
Pyromancy
Create Advantage: Can try to light the environment on fire to help stuff
Attack: FIRE EVERYWHERE
Defend: People can't catch you if you're on fire
Overcome: When manipulating natural fire or manipulating flammable/meltable obstacles

Divination
Create Advantage: ~~Looook into the fuuuuttuurreee~~
Defend: Precognitive Dodge
Overcome: Read Fortunes

Skills:
5 will/pyromancy/divination
4 notice
3 science/deceive
2 provoke/empathy/rapport
1 contacts

Stunts:
Pyromancers Staff: +1 to attack with pyromancy, Weapon:2.
Shiny Robes: +1 to rapport to overcome with rapport during a WALK OFF, Armor:1
Big fireball: spend fatepoint to make fire attacks AOE
Disrespect their authority: +2 to pyromancy to create advantage when burning down symbols of authority

Mega Stunt:
Eye-pad (4 benefits)
Function: Divination Focus
Flaw: Corporate Firmware

1. Goggle Maps: See a location you are aware of as if you were there.
2. Sandstorm: +2 to creating advantage using provoke when using loud noises.
3. Selfie Stick: +2 to create advantage using Rapport when bragging.
4. Eternal Eye-fi: +1 to overcome using science when utilising trivia.

Xun fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jul 11, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Matias ponders how a guerilla campaign against the Adeptas Sororitas would take place and thinks up a way to make a convoy simply disappear without a trace between Nad'halan and Ravy. "Being able to jam a convoy's outgoing transmissions is step one to disappearing these guys. Step two is making sure they can't just drive off and leave some blown up rhino behind. King Apastatuk, do the trade caravans talk of any particularly treacherous or ill fated paths that they've come across during their travels? Anywhere the local traders know it is best to steer clear of?"

Use Weird Skill Tactics to create an advantage for the upcoming encounter by making ALL THE PLANS
Tactics: Create an Advantage by Planning a General Guerilla Campaign against the Imperials: 4dF+3 1
Invoking Aspect: Alpha Legionnaire (Reroll): 4dF+3 4

Use Contacts to Overcome. Goal: Activate any Alpha Legion assets on worlds should they exist and draw any additional assignment.: 4dF+4 3
Invoke Aspect: Mr. Warpwide for +2.

3/5 Fate Points remaining

pre:
Concept: Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marine

Physical Stress: [][][]
Mental Stress:   [][][][]

Fate Points: 1/5

Modes:
Good: Alpha Legionnaire (12p): Burglary, Combat, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Provoke, Stealth, Tactics (Weird Skill)

Aspect: Human, for an Astartes
+ Can pass for a very large human and not being a posthuman rear end in a top hat allows him to make contacts easier as well as lie to them effortlessly.
- Can be manipulated by those so inclined. Less respected by other Chaos Space Marines due to his "weakness."

Fair: Chaos Space Marine (8p): Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, Will

Aspect: Stealthy Killer
+ Really good at killing even other space marines quietly and quickly with his trusty combat knife
- You can only stab one person to death at a time! Also being close to baddies means being knee deep in the poo poo if it goes south!

Average: Insurrectionist (10p): Contacts, Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport, Stealth

Aspect: Mr. Warpwide
+ Can utilize the agents of the Alpha Legion on virtually any planet in the Imperium, Screaming Vortex, or The Eye of Terror
- Hunted relentlessly by The Inquisition, Space Marine Chapters, and everyone he's ever hosed over.

Omega Aspect: New Recruit
+ Is relatively uncorrupted, disciplined, and focused even for an Alpha Legion Chaos Space Marine. A true believer in the Alpha Legion.
- Does not have 10 millennia worth of ANYTHING under his belt. This can manifest in a myriad of ways.

Weird Skills:
Tactics
Create an Advantage by using your environment to your advantage in physical conflicts.
Defend by countering attempts to create an advantage against you that involves maneuvering or positioning.
Create an Advantage by making strategic plans and organizing people to accomplish a goal.
Defend by countering attempts to create an advantage against you that involve strategy.

Stunts:
Astartes Physique: Armour 1 due to implants, +2 to overcome with Physique when using strength
False Memories: Use Deceive to defend against mental and psychic attacks when being interrogated or mindread.
Persuade, Change, Influence: +2 to overcome with Deceive when in any social situation.

Mega Stunts:
Legion War Gear (6 benefits):
Function: Ancient War Machine
Flaw: High Maintenance
1. Walking Tank: Armour rating 4 against physical damage.
2. Auto-senses: +2 to create advantage using Notice when wearing the entire suit.
3. Powered Exoskeleton: +2 to overcome with Physique when using strength.
4. Bolt Weapons: Bolter and Bolt Pistol, Weapon Rating 2.
5. Hellhammer Lascannon: On an attack that succeeds with style, ignore the target's Armour rating.

Legacy Combat Knife (5 benefits):
Function: Well-loved Weapon 
Flaw: A Jealous Tool
1. Legion-quality Blade: +1 to attack with Combat when fighting hand to hand. Weapon rating 2.
2. A Knife in the Back: Use Stealth instead of Combat to attack an unaware target. 
3. A Nimble Weapon: When you use Combat to defend in melee and succeed with style, sacrifice your next action to immediately inflict an attack on your opponent 
at the shift value of your defense.
4. Legacy of Slaughter: When you use Combat to attack in melee and succeed with style, spend a fate point to attack again.

Skills: (Trained/Focused/Specialized)
+5 (Superb): Provoke
+4 (Great): Combat, Contacts, Deceive, Notice, Stealth
+3 (Good): Burglary, Tactics
+2 (Fair): Athletics, Physique, Will
+1 (Average): Empathy, Rapport

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 1, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Lucille

"Do we have any explosives? Nothing big, just the sort of thing that can wreck treads and cripple vehicles. I could go set up a little minefield on a remote trigger. Or if we don't have anything we could repurpose for a remote trigger, I could always just bury myself too and set it off by hand. Wouldn't be the first time I blew myself up."

I'm not rolling yet since I don't even know if we have explosives, but I'm basically thinking of using Nurglite and Stealth to go spend all my time prepping the ambush site without dying of heatstroke.

pre:
Concept: Friendly Assassin with a Daemon Passenger
FP:  4/4
Physical Stress: [][][][][]
Mental Stress:   [][]

Modes:

Good: Bloodborne "Blessings" (8p): Combat, Nurglite +1, Physique, Provoke, Will

Aspect: Wretched but Powerful
+Disturbingly vital and strong, despite a sickly appearance. Often underestimated by dumber opponents
 and feared by the ones smart enough to recognize what she is.
-Creeping illness can slow her down at inopportune times. She underestimates her injuries
 and sometimes aggravates the damage as a result. 

Fair: Assassin by Necessity (12p): Athletics, Burglary, Combat, Deceive, Notice +1, Stealth +1

Aspect: Soft-Hearted Killer
+Naturally talented at killing unaware or distracted targets quickly and quietly.
-Refuses to harm someone who has done her or her friends a good turn. Has a conscience and is easily guilted 
 by others as a result. Considers killing outside of self-defense or defending others to be a last resort.

Average: Obliviously Cheerful (10p): Deceive, Empathy, Provoke, Rapport, Will

Aspect: Everything Will Be Fine!
+Puts others at ease with relentless optimism. Rarely feels or acknowledges fear or despair.
-Easily manipulated by even a thin guise of friendliness. Tends to miss obvious signs of 
 impending betrayal. Always thinks the best of people.

Omega Aspect: There is no Lucille, only Zuul! (Signature Aspect)
+Can be briefly possessed by the daemon in her armor. It's deadly, terrifying, and very intelligent.
-Completely unaware she's possessed and incapable of remembering her actions while possessed.
 The daemon is spiteful and bitter about its confinement in the armor; it delights in killing 
 and sowing chaos, especially when that's not a good idea for its wearer.

Weird Skills:

Nurglite
Overcome the effects of physical injuries, extreme environments, and poison or disease.
Attack by sickening enemies in close proximity with the unnatural diseases and poisons that flow through her veins.
Defend against physical non-blessed/warp damage by simply ignoring it, fighting on unaffected by hideous injuries.
Defend against enemy attempts to create toxin, fear, or pain-based advantages against you.

Stunts: (3 benefits)

Trusty Long-Las: Weapon(2) at range, +1 to Notice when looking down the scope.
I Don't Want to Fight You: +2 to Create Advantage with Rapport when trying to de-escalate a situation.
Signature Aspect (There Is No Lucille, Only Zuul!)

Mega Stunts: (5 benefits)

Possessed Carapace Armor
Function: Daemonic Armor
Flaw: Has a Hateful Mind of its Own
1. Thick Plating: Armor (4) against physical damage.
2. Daemonic Strength: Absolute strength (Physique), but at a cost. 
3. Spiky Bits: Weapon (2), +1 to Combat in hand-to-hand.

Crimson Fever: +1 to Defend or Attack with Nurglite when you have taken physical stress in the current scene.

+5: 
+4: Combat, Nurglite, Provoke, Will
+3: Physique, Deceive, Notice, Stealth
+2: Athletics, Burglary 
+1: Empathy, Rapport

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 19, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

"Ooh! Or I can make fake pictcording, like wild animal attack footage from servo skull. Then we do not have to worry about moving the vehicle wreckage. We will have plenty of props to use after the attack and I can employ Imperium's most advanced shaky cam cinematography techniques."

He holds his arms out and shakes his hands violently as a demonstration.

pre:

Concept: Pyromaniac Psyker Propagandist

Physical Stress: [][][][]
Mental Stress:   [][][]

Modes:

Good: Physical Fire (12p): Athletics +2, Combat +1, Physique, Vehicles +1

Aspect: The Roof is On Fire
+ time to drive this burning rhino into a burning building and flamer the poo poo out of everything
- oleg no that was our building

Fair: 🔥 Fire (13p): Notice +1, Provoke +1, Deceive, Empathy +1, Rapport +1, Contacts

Aspect: Like, Share, Subscribe
+ cool propoganda films and posters, join chaos now, WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
- oleg please youre destroying our opsec

Average: Brain Fire (5p): Will +1, Junior Pyromancy +1

Aspect: Michael Bay
+ fire subtly warps to look way past radical, making oleg cooler and more convincing
- while being way past radical, things catch on fire

Omega Aspect: Cocaine is a Hell of a Drug
+ drugs
- drugs

Weird Skills:

Junior Pyromancy
Attack FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Create an Advantage by catching things on fire or altering existing fire.

Stunts: (4 benefits)

Flamer: Signature gear. +1 to Combat within flamer range, Weapon:2.
Cuban NOS: Once per scene, restore a piece of equipment to working condition. It can be used once before bursting into flames.
Party Time, Excellent: Once per scene, conveniently pull out any drug in some reasonable-to-carry quantity.
Shoop: +2 to overcome with Deceive when you have enough time to doctor up some pictures or videos as evidence.

Mega Stunt: (3 benefits)

He's On Fire!
Function: fire is beauty and beauty never hurts
Flaw: Only works when he sets himself on fire or an ally of chaos sets him on fire.
1. Fireproof: No damage from fire.
2. Sadism: +2 to attack with Provoke while burning. 
3. Masochism: Once per scene, check a mental stress box to absorb physical harm.

+5: Athletics
+4: Combat, Vehicles
+3: Physique, Empathy, Notice, Provoke, Rapport
+2: Will, Junior Pyromancy, Deceive, Contacts
+1:

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 14, 2017

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli Ramrod

"I'm sure Tloloc is fine, he probably got a super special mission assignment. For all we know he could return at any second!"

Pause to glance at the doorway, but no terminator appears.

"Well, I miss him already. Anyway, unless my memory is worse than I thought, I should have a best-friend-in-the-making hanging around downstairs. If I can convince her that her assistance means less casualties for her friends and comrades, she might just go for it. Might be able to get a jammer working from scrap, we picked up a bunch so far.."

pre:
Concept:
Enthusiastic Slaaneshi Heretek

Physical Stress	[_][_][_]
Mental Stress	[_][_][_][_]
Mild:
Medium:
Severe:

Modes:
Good +3 Heretek: Ex-Mechanicus Mechanic
+4 Notice
+5 Will
+3 Science
+4 Chemistry
+5 Engineering
+4 Robotics

Fair +2 Party Fiend: Kill them with kindness
+3 Athletics
+2 Deceive 
+2 Empathy 
+3 Provoke
+3 Rapport
Will

Average +1 Transhuman: Humanity is a fleeting concept
Athletics
+1 Combat 
Notice 
+1 Physique 
Provoke 
+1 Vehicles

Omega Aspect:
I can feel the Warp overtaking me, and it's a good pain! 

Stunts: 9 Benefits -2 Flaws
Noosphere Corruption: +1 to overcome or create an advantage with Cogitators.

Gizzard the Servo-Skull: +2 to overcome using Notice when using Gizzard's sensors to acquire information beyond standard human senses.

Pretty in Pink: +1 to overcome or create an advantage with Rapport when bringing someone closer to Slaanesh.

Heretek Cybernetics (3 Benefits, 1 Flaw)
Pieced together from various sources, Patchouli has augmented much of their body with useful cybernetics.
Flaw: Last Security Update at 782.M40
- Turn Off My Pain Inhibitors!: Use Will to defend against physical attacks if you’ve taken a consequence.
- Ceramite Plating: Armor: +2
- Intimate Connection: +1 to use complex technology directly wired to your system.

Daemonette Organs (3 Benefits, 1 Flaw)
Repeated contact with the Warp has led to the claw and legs of an unknown daemonette making their home on Patchouli.
Flaw: Conspicuously Slaaneshi
- Strong Snipper: +1 to Attack with Combat when fighting unarmed; Weapon: 2.
- Gravitational Snipper: This melee attack can damage Bulletproof targets.
- Daemonic Digitigrade Bionics: Absolutely faster than any human (Athletics), but at a cost.

3 Heretek
10 Party Fiend
9 Transhuman
1 Focus Trained Rapport
1 Focus Trained Robotics
3 Specialize Trained Engineering
1 Focus Trained Chemistry
2 Specialize Focused Will
=30

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 13, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Brego

The warpsmith turns his head to the firebug. Even without his helmet he turns mechanically. There's even a whine like small servos whirring.

"You are a fool. Sensors have detected no lifeforms in the desert of either the size or temperament to carry out an attack as you describe. Your cinematography is also suspect."

He turns back to the assembled group and tries once more to get them to see logic. His voice is nearly monotone, with a background hiss of static.

"I still maintain that a transport vehicle is a priority. Solomon's ambush would provide us an ample opportunity to acquire one. It will not take long to crack their comm codes and we'll then have greater opportunities to infiltrate the Imperial ranks and strike."

pre:
Concept: Tinker, Traitor, Soldier, Smith

Mode: Millennia Among the Iron Warriors
Action +3
(Athletics +1, Combat, Notice +2 Physique, Provoke, Vehicles)

Mode: All Hail the New Fleshmetal
Science +2
(Notice +2, Science, Will)

Mode: Black Market Arms Dealer
Intrigue +1 
(Athletics +1 Burglary, Contacts, Deceive, Notice +2, Stealth)

Omega: "More machine, now, than man."

Stunts:

Warp Artificer:
Spend Fate to bind a demon or warp-essence into a "Science" creation

Alpha Strike:
Mark a Physical Stress to unload all weapons, may not use a ranged Weapon next turn while recovering.

Cold, Metal Heart:
+2 To Will defending against Empathy or Rapport

Assuming Direct Control:
+2 to Vehicles or Combat with machines or weaponry that have an interface; damage to interfaced machines may cause Mental or even Physical Stress

Fleshmetal Body:
Function: Pinnacle of Heretek Warp-Weaponry
Flaw: Creeping Infection
1. Walking Tank: Armour rating 4 against physical damage.
2. Auto-senses: +2 to create advantage using Notice when wearing the entire suit.
3. Powered Exoskeleton: +2 to overcome with Physique when using strength.
4. Shift: Weapon 4; may spend a Fate to add a damaging Aspect to the attack for this attack.

Stress
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Physical: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 14, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"Sure. I'll come help with the convincing. I have a bit of history with the Adepta Sororitas in a past life after all." The former Doom Eagle then looks towards the Warpsmith "Brego I would think twice before casually dismissing Oleg. If there are indeed legends and myths about the desert wastes then the ruse would be worthwhile, if only for the locals to say "I told you so." when their superstitions are confirmed. Besides have you had time to do a planet wide survey of all life before arriving? Who the feth knows what lives on this world besides people." Matias knows though. Matias knows about animated rock golems that tried to kill a terminator. Matias knows of water that turns men into golems and a forbidden cave that was briefly the warband's forward base under Champion Tloloc. There has to be more fethed up poo poo on this world.

At some point in the future, Matias Solomon will go with Patchy to Deceive the poo poo out of the other 2 Sororitas captives and actively recruit them into the warband as assets. He'll spin the Doom Eagles tale and add a +2 from Stunt: "Persuade, Change, Influence". He may also invoke Aspect: Human, for an Astartes for a total of +8 to the test before rolling. If we can do this convincing with one roll, I'd appreciate it.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 11, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

Oleg shrugs. "I mean, he's right though." He taps at his helmet in thought. "Hey Patchy, why not get your girlfriend or whatever to walk some stun grenades or gas into a transport? She shows up, says she escaped, gets in the back, boom! One down, easy."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Matias taps a dataslate repeatedly, typing High Gothic words into a file marked "Perfect Ambush Plan." "Go on."

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

"That... That was my whole plan."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"Oh ok. Good start though, needs refinement. You let me worry about that though."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli

"Great ideas all around, I like the idea of driving a Rhino. If we can mix in spiking their food or water supply that would be pretty ace, too. Less bolters pointed our way, always a good thing. I'm going to go throw a welcome home party, anyone can come except Brego."

Patchouli backs out of the room and flourishes a techno-curtsey to the resplendent King, which looks a bit weird with inhuman legs. From the hallway she calls out, "I don't know if telling old space marine war stories will help, I want her awake not asleep!"

---

The repurposed basement turned workshop/prison is soon invaded by a heretek on a mission: the objective being to sway a sister of battle to treachery using nothing but kind words and maybe alcohol. Sweeping a pile of shattered ceramite off a bench, Patchouli replaces it with a basket of fruit and liquor from the palace stores.

"Hostia! I'm back and I have good and bad news! First the good, I'm releasing you from your bonds. You're a real swell girl, ever since we met on the battlefield it's been nothing but pleasant company. At first I just thought it would be neat to have someone to talk to who couldn't leave, but the longer I've known you, the more the ethical and moral quandaries bothered me. Turns out no, I can't bear to treat you like a wall decoration. So cheers to you, ex-prisoner! Your bonds today are freer than they ever have been, and may they become freer still!"

After a kind of awkward one-hand clapping, Patchouli reaches out with the claw and snips the chain holding Hostia. "Ow, that actually hurt a bit. Right, so come on over, we've got fruit I don't know the names of and vintages I don't know the dates of. Then we can discuss your future, which I suppose could be good or bad news. I'm hoping for good myself!"

---

Pretty in Pink should apply as this is attempting to turn someone traitor.

Create Advantage with Rapport to create a disarming and friendly environment
Create advantage with Rapport: 4dF -2 eww this party sucks

Invoking Kill them with kindness to reroll: this shindig is supposed to be both fun yet manipulative.
Create advantage with Rapport reroll: 4dF -2 okay maybe this dusty basement isn't the best location

-2 Roll +3 Rapport +1 Pretty in Pink = 2

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 11, 2017

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

"If she escaped with a transport, they would expect to hear her call for help. No, what you need is for her to be seen running towards the convoy on foot, with something chasing her. If she carries a few grenades or explosives, they will rush her to safety without checking her. If someone can help make me a false beak to wear, I will seem a strange beast chasing her, which will keep them from being too alarmed."

pre:
Name: Itztli
Concept: Honorbound Hunter of Great Beasts

Physical Stress [_][_][_][_]
Mental Stress   [_][_][_]
Mild: A Boot Is Not A Foot
Medium:
Severe:

Modes:
Good: Feral Warrior (9p)
Athletics/Combat/Notice/Physique/Provoke/Stealth/Tracking*
Aspect: A Feral Far From Home

Fair: Handsome Foreigner (3p)
Notice/Physique/Rapport/Strut*/Tracking* 
Aspect: Glorious Plumage

Average: Hunter (7p)
Athletics/Combat/Physique/Provoke/Tracking*/Will) 
Aspect: A Spear In A Gun Fight

Omega: For The Honor Of The Gods 

Weird Skills:

Strut
Create Advantage: Become the center of attention
Overcome: When trying to impress the ladies

Tracking
Create Advantage: Use the terrain and nature to help out
Overcome: Find people by following their tracks

Skills: (plain text is Trained, Italics is Focused, Bold is Specialized)
5: Physique, Stealth, Tracking
4: Athletics, Notice, Combat, Provoke
3: Strut, Will
2: Rapport
1: 

Stunts
Signature Aspect: A Man Amongst Monsters
3 stunts free

Mega-Stunts
Feathers of the Slain
Function: Feathered Beast Mantle
Flaw: All Eyes On You

Benefits:
1. Durable Beast Feathers. Grants Armor:2
2. Alluring Colors: +2 when Overcoming or Creating An Advantage with Strut

chin up everything sucks fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 11, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
Joe looks up and down Itztli disapprovingly. "You? A great beast? Sheesh I think they'd expect a sister of battle to be able to handle a guy sized bird thing." She pauses to think and then brightens suddenly "Oh I know! I could light you on fire!"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Matias starts to add more to the file. He puts an asterisk and notes this particular plan as dumb af but doesn't discount anything yet.
"Was there anything else?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

Itztli turns and gives Joe a momentary evil stare, then turns away and ignores the mad psyker.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
"No seriously, how do you plan on looking scary enough to convince imperials that an armed sister is battle will be running from you. Don't think a fancy hat will cut it"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
I would have found it funny up to and including the moment where he gets shot to ribbons by the storm bolter gunner on the lead Rhino. He would've danced like the big man did. Anyway I think we need to hear more from the King and his people on this but so far I'm liking the idea of fake pict recordings and baiting the ambush with an escaped sister from the first raid. They'd be on alert from the moment they saw her but we could work with that maybe. All of this is moot until we determine the when and the where."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 11, 2017

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

"Fine, then why don't we let the desert kill them for us? Find a way to break some of their vehicles and destroy some of their supplies." The birdman traces the route between Ravy and Atar with his finger as he leans over the map. "Lots of rough terrain here, and heavy equipment. The sand and rocks are hard enough to walk in, what if we make the path difficult enough that they begin to lose vehicles? We wouldn't even need to be nearby, after we set things up. The spacewomen will assume it to simply be bad luck on roads not made for vehicles."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"The Rhino STC pattern of vehicles are incredibly rugged and easy to repair. Your plan makes sense but it would only delay a convoy if the lead vehicle threw a track. A techpriest enginseer would have them moving again in perhaps under 10 minutes. The rest of the convoy would be moving at their normal pace after no more than 5 to 10 minutes after that once they figure out an alternate route. Congratulations Iztili for you have found us a viable ambush site and a method to use to stop the entire convoy."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 12, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

"Then we are at agreement, yes? Excellent! Well then, don't let me interrupt tactical people things." Oleg stands, gives a tiny, victorious fistpump, and walks for the door. "Please excuse me, my king. Call me when you need me for, uh..."

He never finishes the thought before disappearing around the corner.

---

Oleg kicks the door to Patchouli's workshop open because both of his hands are occupied with the finest vintage of wine.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"No we are not in agreement. But we have the beginnings of a stratagem."

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli

"Honestly, not my first choice, but quantity has a quality all of its own. That also makes three of us, so I can say this is officially a social get-together! Just putting it out there in advance, I'll hold back your hair if you'll hold back mine."

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

"I am familiar with Imperial systems. They are, after all, no different from our own save for the... pathetically rudimentary mind within. Get me inside, and I'll have it under our control in no more than 6 minutes. Does that fit your timetable?"

Can I invoke Assuming Direct Control to aid in the Tactics roll? If so, I shall use a Fate.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
"Ok I'll leave you guys to use your super tactikewl brains or whatever and just... help Patchouli out or something" Joe backs slowly out of the room. She joins the party basement shortly after Oleg. "Ok who wants more of this space weed?!" :2bong: What was it called again? Who cares!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I think we need a GM update before we bother discussing anything else.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"Get you inside what Brego? A rhino so you can take over one vehicle out of the entire convoy? Problem with that is we want the entire convoy, not one Rhino. Maybe you can help Patchy with the jamming issue? Also consider how you would use that arsenal of weaponry to cut a swath through the sisters."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

"Collateral damage. Devastation of that magnitude would result in unacceptable losses of enemy salvage. Resupply must be guaranteed."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"I was under the impression you were a Warpsmith not an obliterator who can talk Brego. Explain what it is you can and can't do in a combat situation."

ColLateRaL daMage. DevaStaTioN oF That magNitUde wOulD rEsuLt in unaCcepTaBle LosSes oF eNeMy SaLvagE. REsuPply musT be gUaraNteeD

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

"Better question, who doesn't?" The psyker produces a pipe from one of his tactical pouches. "Is sound system here?" He stats digging through various piles of machinery.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
unaCcepTaBle LosSes gUaraNteeD
While the conversation goes on, Apastatauk nods at Joe and Matias. "He is right, there are no great beasts within multiple days of walking from the cities." Amenset smiles with not a small amount of pride at the comment. "Did you think we had enough violent crime to warrant a warrior class just for guarding the city?" She points out a few locations on a map. "As you can see, near Ravy the road bends to go through rougher terrain than the direct path would." Her sigh is only slightly exaggerated for dramatic effect. "The people of Ravy are nothing if not foolhardy, but even they know better than to take a caravan through sandworm breeding grounds." Visibly impressed, she looks thoughtfully at Matias and Brego. "Though while because we settle for escorting our caravans and keeping the roaming juveniles out of the city, even a full-grown one is not immortal. They rarely leave their nests unless provoked, but they have been known to reach Ravy on occasion. I have never seen what the Imperial's vehicles can do, but if your arms and armour are any indication I would expect them to be more than on par with Ravy's siege weapons, at least if they know what to look for."

Scribbling thoughtfully Matias adjusts his preliminary plan, drawing elaborate flowcharts of contingency plans that in the end really do look like an upside down hydra.

Meanwhile, Benipe nods at Lucille. "We have no stockpiles of explosives, but some of the prototypes from the experiments you ordered have been..." He pauses for a moment, smiling. "...volatile, to say the least. The amount we can provide might be limited by time, but I am certain we could arrange a usable amount."

Basement party!
Patchouli does her best to befriend someone who she met while hitting them with a power axe and then tied up in her basement. Against all odds and thanks to previous efforts and not a small amount of local psychedelics, Hostia looks relaxed and even gives Patchouli a small smile. Rubbing her wrists, she looks up to see Joe and Oleg walk into the basement. "Hi Joe!" She looks at Joe with an expression of vague disdain bordering on confused tolerance? "Can you light up already, I've been chained up here for days. I'm pretty sure myself is the last thing I want to smell right now." With an uncharacteristic lack of violent reaction to heretics, she flashes Oleg a smile. " Hi new heretic I haven't met yet!" Looking somehow more suspicious, she continues. "Please tell me that's not sacramental."

Meanwhile, Oleg digs up a local "sound system" from one of the few cupboards Patchouli hadn't yet taken over.

Patchouli creates the aspect situational Basement Party!, but failed the create advantage test. As a result, the aspect persist as normal, but Hostia is the one who gets to invoke it for free should a suitable situation come up. You can still invoke this aspect as normal using a fate point for as long as the party continues.

Waci fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 13, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

"Hi non-heretic! I am Oleg." He mashes the mouthpiece of the instrument into his helmet visor with a soft bonk. "Hm." He marches over to one of the boxes and tears it open, revealing the vulnerable plastic bag, which he removes and holds up to the instrument''s end. A perfect funnel! "What sort of goofus do you take me for? Sacremental? I do not knock over Imperial booze trains for living. Patchy, come help me with this. I hold bag, you hold horn like this with squishy hand. Okay. Who is first? Get drunk now, build hot tub in little bit. Get smell off."

He gives a self satisfied nod at his future productive use of fire. "How has life been past few days? Enlightening?"

Trying to create the advantage Slap the Bag before we make our turncoat pitch.
Create Advantage with Rapport: 4dF 0 for +2 total

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Basement Party!
Hostia snorts at Oleg's enthusiasm, stepping up to be first in line for the funnel. "This is probably a horrible idea since I'm pretty sure I'm significantly dehydrated, but hey, drink's drink?" The sister of battle opens her mouth and the heretic psyker holds the improvised funnel above it while the heretek mutant squeezes wine into it. A few distinctively large gulps and slight coughing later Hostia grins, visibly mor jovial than mere moments ago. "Ok, definitely the worst best idea I've had in a while".

Oleg succeeds! The situational aspect Slap the Bag will remain as long as supplies last (considering your host is the king, that will probably be a while?), and Oleg (or at Atlat's approval someone else) can invoke it once for free.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Lucille

"There's sandworms? Neat! I hope I get to see one. Although I guess that'd be a bad thing. Might eat me, and I don't want to get eaten by anything. Not again".

Lucille spends a few seconds tapping her finger on the table and staring into space blankly, lost in thought. She comes back to her senses with a shudder. "Sorry, bad times. So yeah, sure, bombs. I don't know. Whatever these guys can agree on, they're the ancient warriors, not me. Y'know what, I'm just gonna go hang out with the others and that sister."

A few minutes later, Lucille clanks through the basement door, sweeps off an unimportant workbench, and takes a seat on it. "Don't mind me, I'm really just here to make sure nobody swallows their tongue. And because the Astartes aren't so big on the, uh, personality,.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

Brego

"I can annihilate a target. There would be little left. You would do well to remember that, neophyte. We would quickly run out of materiel ourselves if we simply destroyed the enemy. Capture and conversion should be our goal. Taking one of their transports in the heat of combat would be distracting, confusing, and would provide me a more mobile fire platform. That would provide you with the increased fire support you're looking for, yes?"

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Patchouli

Yes excellent, everyone is getting drunk including me. What was step 2 again? Oh right, the treachery. Or was that step 3?

"Gizzard, play tracks on shuffle."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF9yHO-UUws

Lucille seemed perfectly nice, almost obsequious in her desire to keep everyone happy. Aside from the questionable hygiene she was just about the best friend one could ask for.

"Pfft, astartes. Never met one that had a good personality, it must be surgically removed at some point."

Judging the moment to be right, Patchouli embarks on what seems like innocuous small-talk with Hostia, but it is really intended to get her to reveal parts of herself kept hidden. Metaphorically. The smallest hold will be exploited, and she will be pulled into the friendly embrace of heretics. Probably metaphorically, but it may include a group hug.

"Hostia, girl, how are you feeling? I was wondering, what world are you from? Somewhere in Calixis sounds like a safe bet? Hmm, I'm not going to guess Scintilla, that would be a bit too easy..."

Fate: 3/5

Using Create Advantage with Empathy on Hostia to figure out her Aspects and get a better angle on her.

Create Advantage with Empathy: 4dF+2 1
Invoking free Slap the Bag for a +2
Invoking Kill them with kindness for a +2
=5 Empathy

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
"Ok this is all good. Very good. Brego I think your idea of stealing a Rhino and rolling around in it killing everyone is both tactically sound and hilarious to witness. It gives us a way to run down any vehicles who break out of the kill zone assuming they aren't driven toward sandworm breeding grounds where I assume they will be what...devoured whole or something? They must be pretty huge if you consider them a threat to vehicles and worth maintaining a standing army for." Matias stops writing on countless parchments and turns to address the King and his council.

"At this stage in the game, Capture and Conversion is ideal. Ambushes whenever an imperial convoy is sighted or expected to be leaving in a few days time should be set up to disable the convoy, kill the power armoured soldiers, and drive anyone who tries to escape towards the sandworm breeding grounds. I assume vehicles that cannot be driven away on their own power can be disposed of in that manner as well. Overall strategy is to whittle down the local Imperial Forces and equip our own forces at the same time. When viable, we will revisit Champion Tloloc's assault on the Imperial LZ and adjacent compound. We will also convert select members of the Adepta Sororitas over to our cause if possible. I believe my comrades are working on entertaining one pliable one right now and there are 2 others that haven't really been spoken to yet. I'll talk to those two. Finally, this is not a burden Nad'halan should carry alone. We should make an alliance with Ravy and Atar for the common goal of removing the Imperials who seek to convert this entire world to corpse god worship by force. After we deal with the convoy inbound to Ravy, we will have proof of their shattered war machines to show to their king via pict recorder. I know nothing of the people of Atar but surely they can be negotiated with."

Matias looks around to see if the royal council has any other questions. If not he will suggest they reconvene tomorrow to finalize the details of the ambush plan and to see if there are any psyker preparations that can be performed to assist them. He suggests conjuring up a sandstorm of some kind to throw up ferrous material that would blind the imperials visually and via technological means but notes its not strictly necessary. "Well that stuff's done with. I'll leave you all to it"

Outlined the primary strategy for now and hand waving all the different permutations that it could take because whatever happens, its all JUST AS PLANNED.

After the meeting
Matias will take time to briefly work the room with the royals. Before departing he'll express his gratitude for their support, recognize various members of the king's council for their contributions, etc etc. Flattery is the main thing he's going for but not too much of it. And there is truth to it, without the Nad'halan, they wouldn't be able to do their job. All this is to an end: see who reacts and isn't content with their place in events thus far. Those he can recruit to be his eyes and ears in the council or to utilize their authority to his benefit. He will do his best in particular to recruit First Builder Benipe and Guard-Captain Amenset but any of the lesser nobles will do as well. On his way back to their guest house to chat up the captive sisters, he'll stop by the market and haggle with a few merchants over their goods to start things off. He'll quickly turn the conversation over to trade caravans, sandworms, the Imperials, etc. Hopefully within a few hours he will have made some friends he can reach out to for news outside of Nad'halan as well as gossip inside it.

Finally the Space Marine returns home and heads down to where they kept the other two sister prisoner. The unarmoured space marine steps into the room and grabs Nad'halan's sturdiest chair to sit in as he faces the two captives chained to the wall. "My name is Matias Solomon. How are things going? Are you getting enough to eat and drink? Have they brought your friend Hostia to see you yet? Chains uncomfortable? Speak freely Sororitas this isn't an interrogation." (Deceive like a mofo)

Current goals in between scenes 1. Establish a contact network among the local population 2. Establish a contact network among the Imperials 3. Activate any Alpha Legion assets on worlds should they exist and draw any additional assignment. He also wants to start chatting up the other two sisters the party's captured and learn about who they are, what they are about, etc. The goal is to convert them to work for the warband but at the very least, ensure they aren't a threat. We want hostia's cooperation so murdering her 2 friends wouldn't be a good look. We obviously can't just have them walking around either so maybe we can find a middle ground of some kind.

2 Fatepoints left
Empathy: 4dF+1 -1
Invoking Aspect: Human, for an Astartes (Reroll): 4dF+1 1
Contacts: 4dF+4 6

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 14, 2017

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

Now that it was Oleg's turn to hit the horn, he removes his helmet and chucks it into a pile of junk in the corner for safe keeping.

"She is probably not from shrine world, considering how civil she is. Maybe party planet, like Reth? Would explain a lot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Meeting room
"Agreed. The people of Ravy are difficult to deal with even if their particular variety of difficult may be what makes them useful here, but Atar has long been our closest ally. I'll invite their representative to join us tomorrow for a while." As the meeting concludes and most of you head downstairs for a party and/or interrogation, Matias takes the time to chat briefly with the various local dignitaries present. Despite his efforts and experience in talking people into revealing more than they want, he walks away practically empty-handed. While everyone approached seemed happy to talk, none expressed usable discontent or indeed anything deviating from the openly stated commitment to your cause.

Marketplace
His adventures among the merchants fare far better. The local merchants seem to view the imperials with a degree of cautious optimism, most making no particular effort to hide the fact they deal with Imperial traders either directly or by proxy. It seems while the ecclesiarhcy mission is unconcerned with trade, the lander pilots and occasional other crew-members from the rogue trader ship you know to be in orbit are more than pleased to trade, exchanging minor items of imperial technology or off-world luxury products for local gemstones and fabrics. The few from other cities you meet view the matter in very different ways. Those from Ravy mostly seems confused about the whole fuzz, wondering what the big deal is. Of course outsiders were weird, what was so worrying about them? One group from Atar seems more concerned. What was the world coming to, all these weirdos from outer space with their strange gadgets and stranger manners. Among the Atari merchants' wares, Matias spies a sign of spying, Alpha Legion markings worked into a decorative pattern etched on a piece of jewellery. Further inquiry earns him the description of a jeweller's workshop in Atar and a very reasonably priced pendant.

Dungeon (not the party one)
The captive sisters glares at Matias, looking every bit like they might try to bite the chaos space marine if they weren't tied down. "So what is this then? Conversion? Blackmail? You claim to have Hostia, are you going to tell us you'll do whatever depraved poo poo you do to her unless we cooperate?"

Welcome to the first Contest of the game! Roll your Deceive check.

Party Basement
Hostia gives Lucille a small wave before looking back at Patchouli. "Yep, Calixis girl born and raised. You even got the hiver part right! Not Scintilla, though. I'm from Piety, not one of the famous hive worlds. I miss planetbound civilisation..." She pauses for a moment, looking less than pleased. "Well, no, scratch that. I miss the food and the idea of planetary civilisation and the weather. People-wise, I can think of other places I'd rather be." She looks around herself for a moment. "Actually, where are we right now anyway?"

• Locked thread