Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Fate Points: 1/5
Physique: 4dF+5 4 (+2 due to power armour may apply for 6 total)

Present
The lascannon toting chaos marine turns to the Nad'halan soldiers. "Get shelter set up asap so you guys have shade to sleep under. I want all of your men and women to rest and sleep for the next 6 hours. We'll use the remainder of the time to rehearse the ambush and work out the kinks before it is go time. Expect the unexpected though and be ready to come out fighting. Dimitores rally with me after the soldiers have settled in for a tactical briefing." Mattias gets up on the highest point he can find overlooking the ambush site and observes Lucille setting up Rock slides to trap the vehicles in. He helps direct her work and assists in the heavy lifting as well occasionally. The main thoughts he has on his mind as he orchestrates the ambush planning is How would I get out of this, how would I eliminate the enemy once I've fallen into their trap, how would I avoid the trap altogether if possible?

He sets up his lascannon and conceals himself as well as determines where various elements of the formation should hide. Hard cover and concealment is ideal for the heavy hitters like brego and lucille, that's as simple as keeping them below the saddle of the two rocky hilltops on the north side of the pass. The Nad'halan soldiers need to be able to close to melee range without breaking their ankles, tripping over rocks though, or being shot to ribbons. At first he's having difficulty finding good hiding places that won't have them detected by the point vehicle's gunner, then he realizes they can disperse the formations among any boulders that can hide a prone psychic archer and have the close combat formations concealed alongside the road. How? Dig them in alongside the road, have them go prone in their personal slit trenches, and throw sand on top of them so things don't look off until its too late for the imperials to do anything about it. With his contribution to the preparations in place, Matias ensures the waking Nad'halan soldiers know everything and get a recap of everything they talked about back at the town. He reminds them of the mission, ensures they know their plan in the ambush and two good contingency plans for if the rockslide fails to work (Wait for the loud and bright light to explode the metal machines before rising up from their positions and attacking) or if they think they are spotted (don't loving move, die quietly, rest of the soldiers are to attack when you hear Brego's cacophony of weapons begin.) He recaps other things like expected enemy resistance, rally point in case of retreat (none, terrain is too rough to allow a clean egress, if we fail we die), and expected end state (enemy forces annihilated and vehicles captured or dumped into sandworm feeding grounds.)

The issue of discipline in regards to maintaining stealth, especially for the guys dug in alongside the road is critical: someone shifts their body, scratches their nose, or otherwise becomes a piece of dirt that suddenly gains motion will ruin the ambush. So in addition to rehearsing the attack preparations thoroughly, Mattias tests them out by walking up and down the road with a human member of the party, looking for anyone who sticks out or otherwise commits the cardinal sin of moving. The first person who screws up get counseled harshly as well as having a power armoured boot "placed" on their back quite firmly. Second person gets hurled at the dimitores responsible for them. After mattias spots the third person to gently caress up he orders the entire formation on their feet, beats the offending warrior infront of everyone, and has him removed from the line. After that Mattias promises a swift death for anyone who dares moves once they are in "Ambush positions". "I know this sucks I know it does. It's hot, it itches, there is sweat in your eyes, there is sand in your fething ears. But getting shot to ribbons and having your body blown up from the inside out by bolter rounds is worse. Giving away your brothers and sisters and sending them to an early grave because you couldn't stay still for 30 minutes, 30 minutes out of your entire life, that's much worse. If you absolutely cannot do this, just say so and you can remove yourself from the line. No beatings, no harsh words. I rather you know your capability and not ruin us. You can go hang out with Michalis in the shade, you can tend to the wounded. But you'll be out of the fight and you'll need to live with knowing your weakness cost you the ultimate chance to ensure the sovereignty of Nad'halan from these foreign invaders. You will have to live with knowing that better men and women, better warriors did what you could not. And I will see to it that you will be reassigned to easier work within the forces."

"You know what needs to be done, as psykers you know it better than even I do. Center yourself, calm your mind, exert control over your actions. You control your mind and your thoughts, your thoughts do not dictate to you what you will do. Neither does the pain and discomfort your body is reporting back to you. All that is, is the body reporting back to the mind its status and what it senses. Sensation does not dictate action, only your will dictates action. Everyone take ten minutes to gather themselves, drink some water, and then we are gonna run through this again. When I or another member of the warband reports the imperials are coming you will have 15 GENEROUS minutes to hustle your rear end from the comfort of the shade where our bivouac is to these positions. Because I don't want you to feth up the important part, your dimitores will give you another fifteen GENEROUS minutes to make that sand and dirt on top of your body look real convincing before they move to their positions and hunker down with the archers. Once you are set, you do not move even if someone looks right at you. If you get hit you get fething hit, I'm sorry. You do not scratch an itch, you do not shift your elbows, you don't move at all. You do nothing but stay in that happy place in your head. And if you don't have one of those, I suggest you find one quick! Because Brego's fire and my fire are the only things that will set you free to rise up, throw that dirt off, and to attack. To shove a loving spear into some power armoured shitass."

"After the break we're gonna run through this again for 30 minutes. The sooner you stop fething this up the sooner you can go rest in the shade before the imperials arrive."

Tactics (Defend against enemy contingencies): 4dF+3 3
Invoke situational aspect (Best Laid Plans) for +2: 5 total
Notice (Create an Advantage: Early Warning): 4dF+6 7
Stealth (Conceal formation and self): 4dF+4 2
Invoke situational aspect (Best Laid Plans) for +2: 4 total.
Situational aspect (Best Laid Plans) has been expended.
Provoke (Overcome: Instill Fear and Discipline into soldiers): 4dF+5 5

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Oct 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Previously on Spikegame
"I'm only about uhh maybe a millennia old when you account for the vagaries of the warp. Biologically I'm maybe 200 years old? This information dates to the great crusade and even prior, during the unification of Terra and the Emperor's campaign to subjugate the techno barbarian tribes of our home. These are things no human, not even an imaginative, deceptive human can keep straight over the years. Now I have no clue what you learned in your upbringing but if you wanna skim the Lectitio Divinatus some, be my guest. Thats the document of a future traitor primarch, the one known as Lorgar."

"All the primarchs were shaped by the worlds they landed on. Every soul in the imperium knows the legends of the primarchs. The birth of the Imperial Cult stems from this document. The birth of the insurgency against mankind also stems from this document. Heretical thoughts infest and corrupt. And Man, even one primarch's need for the divine ruined humanity's attempt at unifying the species and its chance at a second golden age. Coincidentally whenever I run into Word Bearer Chaos Marines, it's a great pleasure to annihilate them. Feth those guys."

"Anyway its not important to me that you believe me on this. I can at most show you what I believe and why I do so. You are your own woman and can come to your own conclusions. A lot of this comes from the cogitators of my chapter's fortress monastery. The only other place I think you can confirm this information independently is if you join the Inquisition one day, survive in their service long enough to become an Interrogator, and do your own research."

"Or if the truth really, really is that important to you, you'd have to take it from those who possess it. Perhaps your Canonness-Preceptor has a store of forbidden lore aboard the ship or knows enough to confirm my words. She undoubtedly knows the real history of the Imperium and made her peace with it. She knows what's out there, albiet with an Eccleisarchial bent on things. Anyway I'm sure, for a loyal Sister of Battle, that blind faith regurgitated down is enough to sustain your mind and your soul. So please, in the event you escape or otherwise make it back to your forces, don't feel the need to break into her chambers on my account."

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 25, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Brego - 2/3 Fate

The whine of servos and the sound of rushing ichor through arteries and veins built reworked into pipes and cables fills the air around Brego as he marches. A tireless machine, he drags the sledge with the psychic warriors behind him through the desert. Even pausing to center himself daily only takes the barest amount of time out of his march. If it were not for the safety of numbers he would have continued marching even during the punishingly brief - to any but an astartes - rest periods. Arrival at the ambush site ahead of schedule gives him time to think and plan.

This is Brego's wheelhouse now. Creating lines of cover from which to attack is what the Iron Warriors have mastered for more than 10,000 years. With the Legionnaire sniping with his lascannon from one side, he will take the other, though closer to the rockslide point toward the rear where he can get a good shot at the weaker armor on the vehicles. Blowing open the rear access hatch would allow Brego quicker access to the interior without serious damage to the rest of the rhino. That means better access to its controls. The sooner he can overcome the machine spirit within, the better.

"Lady assassin. I would recommend you set up a firing position at the third point of a triangle with Matias and myself. Our weapons will force the infantry out of their transports. They will use the tanks as the only cover they have, and place themselves in your line of fire."

Physique +2: 4dF+5 5
Notice +5 to create advantage: 4dF+5 3
Creating advantage "Overlapping Fields of Fire"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
Joe spends some time squinting at the pass until she suddenly straightens up with AN IDEA. She runs off to find Oleg

"Oleg! Oleg! How do you feel about creating a motherfucking FIRESTORM here?! I can use my divination to help aim the ritual at the command center or maybe their heavy gunners. It'll be so coooolll"

Trying to enlist Olegs help on creating a fire-trap to get some duders :v:

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg

Oleg jumps up from his starfish position and shoots Joe with a pair of finger guns. "I love it. Let us make it happen! But do you think it might be able to be tracked back here? gently caress it." He immediately dismisses his own concern with a wave of his hand. "You will have to help me with details, but let me go get more people and party supplies! Rituals always better with friends."

Oleg is practically skipping around camp as he goes to find the native pyromancers and tell them about Joe's plan.

+2 Junior Pyromancy to Prep Ritual: 4dF+2 3
Creating the advantage Sunny with a chance of Warp Inferno

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Itztli

Even with his lovely half-working armored boot acting as a replacement for his lower leg, Itztli found the trip to be little challenge. His feathers protected him from the sun and heat, and his body was long used to traveling for days on end as part of the hunt. All the walking, climbing and occasionally jumping let the warrior get a true feel for how the new leg was shifting his weight and how the joint would hold or slip depending on the position it was in. By the end of the walk, the leg felt almost... normal.

"Tell me who or what to hunt, and it shall die. My new leg needs to be blooded before it is truely mine."

Physique +8: 4dF+8 9
Success with Style on an Overcome. Itztli gains a Boost called Muscle Memory

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon

"Slaughter the iron maidens as they hurriedly disembark from their transports. Lead the Nad'Halany soldiery in close combat and be an example to them. No need to hunt your prey Itztli, it comes this way. Conquer all warrior. That is all I have to ask of you."

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe

Joe cracks her knuckles and goes to find a comfortable looking rock to look at the deathzone at. She closes her eyes and does weird warpy poo poo to ~look into the future~, and when she opens them again she can see wavy images of the convoy rolling through the pass. She identifies the leader, but realizes that they're going to be difficult to catch with warp powers. Instead she notes down the location of their heavy firepower. She closes her eyes again and releases the weird warpy poo poo, and in a moment her vision returns to normal.

She grabs some of her "famed" Q'sal EZ use ritual chalk (works on any surface!) (TM) and hops down to where she saw their big guns. An intricate nine sided star inscribed inside of a nonogon inscribed inside of a circle quickly appears on the dirt. Nine space-chickens are sacrificed at the points and their blood is channeled into the center where it is warpified. The last step is the hardest, where the now powered glyph must be destroyed perfectly randomly. A task where Joe with her fancy smancy education (with many required abstract art classes) manages decently. Once the ritual is complete the remaining fragments of the glyph flashes bright white, leaving afterimages of the whole in the eye. The effect can no longer be disturbed by physical means and Joe scuffs up any remaining traces of ritual chalk.

She jumps into the air and fists pumps "awww yeah!"

Create advantage: Right where we want them = 7 http://orokos.com/roll/557228

Create ritual attack = 5 http://orokos.com/roll/557229, invoking right where we want them to reroll = 7 http://orokos.com/roll/557231

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Previously in Matias' dungeon:
Offering the sisters reading and direct scholastic debate rather than simply threats or demands seems to get more out of them, and Matias spends the next couple of hours going over the Imperial Truth, Lectitio Divinatus, and the Rule of the Sororitas with his prisoners. The conversation reveals the sororitas have not tried to convert the planet by force due to a doctrinal requirement to allow the orders famulous time to work, and seems to leave the captive sisters with some seeds of doubt over whether the Imperial Creed really is what is best for humanity.

Right here, right now:
Most of your preparations finish well before the sisters arrive, and so you rest secure in the knowledge that sharp eyes and properly directed divination would give you advance warning. You detect the convoy well before it reaches you, and when it finally does you are as prepared as can be, rested and ready. With your prey in position, you trigger the rockslide. With no way forward or back, the imperial convoy is pinned in place.

You can see the Imperials responding to the situation, closing open hatches and pulling on helmets, when the pyromantic ritual hidden in the sand triggers. For a moment your target's hurried preparations are hidden by a wall of multicoloured fire and far more mundane sand, and when you can see again the air feels strange. Like heatless fire running across your skin, waiting to become real. Much more real are the flames coming out from the underside of the Immolator.

While the Repressor at the head of the convoy looks like it should have space for the most passengers, its doors remain shut while those of the Immolator and the two Rhinoes swing open. Power-armoured boots dig into the sand as the first Sisters of Battle disembark, crouching behind rocks to make way for their peers. Despite their hurry, you notice one pointing at the disturbances int he sand where your native henchmen are burrowed.

Ok. Combat time!
You're in a little rocky valley, surrounded on both sides by even rockier hills. The middle with the imperial convoy is one zone, the slopes on both sides are each another. Since you have the advantage, you are where-ever you please. For the same reason, you go first without rolling initiative.

Early Warning paid off in that you had time to hide and thus are not getting shot at just yet, but is no longer relevant.

Current situational aspects:
The weather is Sunny, with a chance of warp inferno. Oleg can invoke this once for free.
You're overlooking your enemy, with overlapping fields of fire. Brego can invoke this once for free.
Rocks fell, and everybody's trapped. Lucille can invoke this once for free.
You and your troops are rested and prepared. They will be at their peak performance, as will you.

The enemy:
One Repressor, with a dozer-blade and pintle-mounted storm-bolter.
Two Rhinoes, one of which seems to be modified for extra communications equipment, both with pintle-mounted storm-bolters.
One Immolator, with twin-linked heavy flamers, somewhat damaged and currently on fire.

Sisters of Battle are currently jumping out of the last three and rushing for cover while trying to spot you.

Waci fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 17, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Brego

The warpsmith opens fire on the disembarking Imperials. Arms shift into new shapes, metal-bone taking on the form of gun barrels as he sweeps left and right. Heavy shells wrought from pure warp energy slam from his palms and protuberances extending from Brego's arms. Better to shock and awe the enemy than to let them find cover around their vehicles. Even if they try, they'll end up easy pickings for the sniper.

"Disable the command vehicle, but do not destroy it! It will yield valuable intel!"

Marking a stress for Alpha Strike, which I guess is two Combat rolls at the expense of not firing next turn.
Suppressing fire on the infantry to drive them toward the opposite side of the vehicles.
Alpha Strike 1: 4dF+3 3
Alpha Strike 2: 4dF+3 3
Any bonuses for consistency? :v:

pre:
Stress
Mental: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Physical: [ * ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Vicissitude fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 18, 2017

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Matias Solomon
Physique: Elite Maneuvers: 4dF+4 4 +4 due to Stunts for strength for 8
Attacking with Hellhammer Lascannon: 4dF+4 6
Mattias lies in wait patiently for the rockslide to trigger at the front of the killzone before moving to engage. Though his ambush position is less than ideal for personal cover, it allows him to clamber over the rocks and take a shot at the driver and the troop compartment of the lead Repressor in a way that a side shot could never allow for.

"Compliance Warpsmith. Second shot will deal with it. Annihilate the Immolator before those heavy flamers start tracking our Indigs mach fething schnell." Mattias says as he breaks from cover and seemingly flows as he runs on the unstable rocks to get to the top of the rock pile and power slides down whilst tracking the driver's slit. The moment he's lined up with the driver's compartment+the line of sister's manning the Repressor's left side gunport's is the moment he "brakes", gains stable footing, and fires through.

Whilst Mattias is doing all this, he's ensuring proper command and control courtesy of his telepaths. ++Relay these orders to the Dimitores: Lead vehicle, left side gunports are suppressed. Send your strongest telekine to force the back door open on the LEFT side only, with the troops on that side of the road. They are to kill the crew and take the vehicle intact. Right Side troops in sight of the lead vehicle are to STAY DOWN. All other forces are to rise up and engage the enemy in close combat. Archers are responsible for keeping the stormbolter gunners on each vehicle suppressed. Ground forces are to avoid being targeted by the rear vehicle, its heavy flamers will bring ruin to them. Capture or destroy all vehicles. Kill all enemy ground forces. Confirm Compliance.++

If we're playing FATE I'm going for maximum bullshit here.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 18, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Lucille
FP: 3/4

Lucille lunges out of her hiding place and sprints towards the communications Rhino. The sniper rifle was a last resort, and she wasn't going to kill any of them if she didn't have to. She covers the last few meters with a bounding lunge onto the side of the Rhino and pulls herself up, then digs her claws into the gap around the Rhino's hatch and pulls.

Automatically passes the Physique roll to tear open the communication Rhino's hatch due to my Possessed Carapace Armor.

It gives way immediately with a shriek of bending metal and snapping bolts. Lucille slides halfway forward into the vehicle's new sunroof and ends up upside down, face-to-face with one of the crew.

"Hi! Gotta hurry before you or your other Sisters out here start shooting at me, so, uh, short version: I'm trying to save all your lives, Chaos isn't what you've been led to believe, I really REALLY don't want to have to hurt any of you, I promise! Now please please please let me borrow your radio for a minute so I can tell all the other Sisters and prevent a massacre!"

I have I Don't Want to Fight You (+2 to Create Advantage with Rapport when trying to de-escalate a situation), so that plus a +1 to the skill.

Rapport (+3): 2, but the leader rolls a 5, so I'll spend a FP to invoke my Everything Will Be Fine! for a reroll.

Rapport (+3) Reroll: 2, nope!

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 19, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Joe
While her education may not have covered tank combat, the ritual seems to be doing well regardless. She rolls up her sleeves and cracks her knuckles, her eyes blazing with some sort of inner fire while she conjures up the ~power of teh warp~. The psyker dramatically pulls her arm back, laughing madly as she pantomimes a much more athletic person throwing a ball. A small sphere of flame appears and flies off towards the sisters disembarking from the Immolator. The ball of flame splashes unremarkably against the side of the tank, but the little ball of warp flame somehow fans the existing flames, absorbing their energies and then suddenly releasing them dramatically. A conflagration of multicolored flames bursts from the ground and engulfs the tank and the sisters around it.

Fireball stuff = http://orokos.com/roll/560071 = 4, invoking On Fire consequence to reroll, http://orokos.com/roll/560073 = 7. Spending 1 FP to make that an AOE

FP 1/5

Xun fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Oleg
FP 1/3

Oleg is right on Lucille's heels and bounds up the side of the Rhino just in time to pick up where she left off. "For real, though! Stopstopstop!" He waves off one of the sisters reaching for her bolt pistol. "We just don't want you converting the locals, because colonialism is bad, yes? If you don't want to give us radio, just turn around and drive away! It's cool! No problem!"

He throws Lucille an enthusiastic thumbs up, then shifts it towards the sisters.

Rapport: 4dF+3 5
Spending 1 FP to invoke Like, Share, Subscribe to add +2 for a total of 7 on rapport to de-escalate!

• Locked thread