Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Well this is a bit of a pickle for Emma; no guarantee that the "seven walls" plan will work, as well as doubt to the outcome it will bring. Stormin' Norman wants a tactical war that will also eradicate the demons by removing their food source and everyone is down with the idea. And much like in Toriko, Emma is unwilling to condemn "them" because everyone is just eating to survive and pursue their own lives, doubly so because she has met one of "the good ones".

I gotta say, this is the frustrating thing about the typical shonen protagonist. I really don't see a reason in this situation to want to be neutral towards "them". Humans don't need to eat them, and while "their" origin is still unknown, I don't think it's worth pursuing a means of coexistence when they will always demand human brains in order to maintain their current level of culture and intelligence. If that means Musica has to get swallowed up in the extinction is it so bad to finally put an end to the predation of the human race and continued human experimentation and exploitation of these farm kids?

the most recent antagonist the kids faced (and by far the most monstrous and demented) was human himself, so she's probably less than willing to condemn an entire race outright for that if nothing else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i remember thinking that both this and dr stone were going to fizzle out after their initial arcs

hoo boy was that a bad call

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
peter ratri's life has now become a place where nothing good ever happens

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this ending is getting unbearable

the conditions of emma's new promise are the only major plot thread left dangling and they're just throwing roadblock after roadblock to keep us from finding out what it is

yes mama's dead, tragic, sad, spill the beans already

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
emma's always been pacifistic but ever since the comic's hit endgame it feels like the story's bending itself over backwards to hand her easy victories, whereas before she was constantly being forced to compromise between her do-no-harm principles and the brutal realities of survival. and she still came out on top most of the time! now she's just friendship-speeching everyone into submission

and now we get mama-kebab, which is a snap back to the story's older tone that comes off as way too abrupt

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Silver2195 posted:

Fortunately, The Promised Neverland is set in 2045, IIRC. Hopefully the US government 20 years in the future will be saner.

they’d be chopped up for stew meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
regrettably i must now bring out The Clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc