Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

amigolupus posted:

Same. I was worried it'd be some weird-rear end redemption at first , but nope, Ratri was a sociopath even back then.

Less a sociopath and more the ends justify the means combined with his child mind coming up with any desperate justification it could for the horrific poo poo his family was involved with ("Julius sacrificing his closest friends wasn't the selfish act of a scared rear end in a top hat, it was the selfless act of a hero who was willing to give up everything for peace!"). He's still doing that self-justification, even.

He absolutely became a complete sack of poo poo as he grew up, though, and went above and beyond in his "noble duty" in all of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU