Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate The Promised Neverland?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I actually shared this with a friend before I started reading it myself, and their reaction got me into it. What a wonderful comic manga.

I do wonder how they can keep it up outside of the tension of the escape arc. I half expect they're going to park all the real young ones with Minerva or something.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jul 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I guess this suggests that the "products" are in fact getting eaten, at least in some part.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TriffTshngo posted:

I wonder what kind of effects eating demon world vegetables would have on a human? Probably a bad time to be considering veganism, Emma.
Considering both humans and demons shared a world for yea so many years and demons are clearly able to eat humans, I expect there's no fundamental incompatibility.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

It's interesting that this manga's a writer/artist combo, not just one guy like manga tends to be. I remember Horikoshi from MHA saying he thought that'd be a better system.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I'm gonna guess a lucky 8 and I'll even speculate on what the twist will be! Spoilering it out of an Abundance of Caution.

Sung-joo has made a reasonable but incorrect assumption, or perhaps was taught it since I doubt he's a thousand years old. All these children and the mothers and so on were actually sold to the demon government by humans, for whatever prizes or baubles or simply on general principles. These people have been getting cloned; the weirdly specific thing where Isabella had a child was either to address the same religious hangup Sung-joo was talking about, or as a way to try and generate new "lines."

This is also helpful in that it is horrifying but removes the problem of "if they're really factory-farming these children, there's gotta be a lot of pregnant ladies somewhere." If this was an American comic it'd probably be something about abortions.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mikl posted:

Ehhhh, I don't know if it counts. This one guy is a jerk, but it doens't mean all humans are, which was the intention of my contest. Do you guys think it counts?
I think we'd need like, three rear end in a top hat human encounters in a row to confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Not Keyser Soze posted:

What happened to writers to make them almost universally think eucatastrophe is such a bad thing?
I think a lot of it is a reaction formation against storybook endings. The thing is, it's fair to say the story doesn't necessarily have a good ending, but even in reality sometimes things go well.