Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

Do you have a link to this?

LionArcher posted:

Wait, there's a bitcoin thread? Been thinking of trying to get in on that...
I'm sure some idiots are buying bitcoins because not all goons are smart but I was talking about the mock thread in YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wanted a link to the thing about the guy who sells his switch every month.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Millions posted:

I want the green/pink Joy-Cons, but they're continuously sold out on Play-Asia and massively marked up on Amazon.
I dunno if they still have them, but I pre-ordered some from game.co.uk.

Though I haven't gotten them yet. They should be arriving in the next few days as far as I can tell.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

raditts posted:

I wanted a link to the thing about the guy who sells his switch every month.

It might be hard to find because there's been like five or so switch/nx threads at this point, but basically the guy was finished with BotW or whatever and didn't want to play anything until Mario and thought he was wasting money keeping a Switch so he wanted to sell one and then buy another one later in the year for the same price for some reason.

Like maybe if he thought he'd make money on selling it while they were hard to find but nope, just wanted the money back so they could buy one again in the fall.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I had a friend that would buy and resell his ps3 constantly

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

That happens in like literally every console thread with at least a couple people. They decide because they don't want to play the console right this second that somehow it's burning a hole in their pocket and they ought to flip it and rebuy it when a new game comes down the pipe a month or two later because that totally makes financial sense ok.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gumdrop Larry posted:

That happens in like literally every console thread with at least a couple people. They decide because they don't want to play the console right this second that somehow it's burning a hole in their pocket and they ought to flip it and rebuy it when a new game comes down the pipe a month or two later because that totally makes financial sense ok.

That's been me. I never rebought my Wii U though...

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Feel like I bought the Switch a little early as there's very little out right now but being "in" at the start of the Splatoon online play this go-around was worth it and I've enjoyed having it during trips so far as well.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Everyone was making fun of that "Watch other people open crates in COD to get prizes" news from a few days ago but I'll be honest, I wouldn't be against that if they worked it into the next Smash Bros. just instead of micro-transaction crates it's watching someone playing through trophy rush or some other gimmick mode.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Monkey Fracas posted:

Feel like I bought the Switch a little early as there's very little out right now but being "in" at the start of the Splatoon online play this go-around was worth it and I've enjoyed having it during trips so far as well.

Same, but I got a 3DS to help with the wait and there's infinity games for that thing. I also just came back to Disgaea and that's going better this time when I only play one board a day. Once school (my job) starts back I won't have time for more than a Disgaea board and a few games of Splatoon a day.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I wish I had enough free time to think that the Switch has too few games.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Modus Pwnens posted:

:agreed:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Everyone was making fun of that "Watch other people open crates in COD to get prizes" news from a few days ago but I'll be honest, I wouldn't be against that if they worked it into the next Smash Bros. just instead of micro-transaction crates it's watching someone playing through trophy rush or some other gimmick mode.

Smash 4 has a spectator wager mode where you can watch randos fight and bet gold (coins?) on who will win. I forget what gold even did in Smash 4, though

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Modus Pwnens posted:

More like not enough games that I like absolutely have to play yet- some nice indie stuff, some of which I've already played. Kinda surprised there's absolutely no kind of Virtual Console stuff going yet though

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Modus Pwnens posted:

same, not that that's stopped me from accidentally losing more hours than i care to admit in disgaea now

mario xcom and fire emblem are going to ruin me :negative:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Norns posted:

I'm excited to use my switch again in a couple weeks for Mario XCOM guys

:same:

rogue wave
Jul 12, 2005

I GOT CRABBY ABOUT PHONE GAMING
Right? I've already got 8 games I really like to play on here and I've got a handful more I already want to get in the e-store before I even consider what's coming out in the next few months. It might help that I really neglected Steam and never had a PS3 or PS4.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
the switch is perfect for people who dont have time to play games

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HyperPuma posted:

the switch is perfect for people who dont have time to play games

also for people who do!

Truly the Switch is for everyone

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Millions posted:

I want the green/pink Joy-Cons, but they're continuously sold out on Play-Asia and massively marked up on Amazon.
Some guy had them on SA Mart for like $120 lmao.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

raditts posted:

"Gamevice wants money from Nintendo, and the Switch to be removed from sale."

lmao good loving luck with that one

If the switch is suddenly unavailable for sale anywhere will anybody even notice the difference?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Manky posted:

Smash 4 has a spectator wager mode where you can watch randos fight and bet gold (coins?) on who will win. I forget what gold even did in Smash 4, though

Trophies and Mii costumes IIRC. I'd love Saltyvet-style Sm4sh streams personally.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I called to get my left joycon fixed.
Pretty easy process except the guy I talked to could not be more annoyed at having to do his job.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
For the record I never found a switch but did buy a screen protector for it in preparation. Amazon warehouse deals has them used for 240 and I find myself almost giving in.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoldfishStew posted:

For the record I never found a switch but did buy a screen protector for it in preparation. Amazon warehouse deals has them used for 240 and I find myself almost giving in.

I don't think you should buy a used screen protector.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Lmao, not.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Don't buy from scalpers. gently caress those guys.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

Amazon warehouse deals aren't scalpers tho?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Slime-san when? Oh, now!

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is the Pro controller worth it?

I'm building up my accessories before hand (already got a set of neon Joy-Cons + a charging grip) and didn't know what else I'd need in anticipation of getting a switch when it's back in stock!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If you don't mind the D-Pad being unreliable for certain games, particularly Puyo Puyo Tetris, the Pro Controller's a solid grab and I'd definitely recommend it for docked/tabletop gameplay.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
I currently have the pro controller and it was expensive but I just had to kind of sit down and take it because my hands are too big to comfortably play the switch with the standard controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's not guaranteed the dpad will be bad. My dpad is just fine. I love the pro controller because the joycons in the grip are pretty lame.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
For anybody who hasn't bought Bomberman R yet it's on sale for 30% off on the Japanese eShop until the 20th, $15 cheaper than the US version

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Anyone have the battery grips and want to give a recommendation? I was wondering if they were more comfortable for split Joycon play.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mr. Bones posted:

For anybody who hasn't bought Bomberman R yet it's on sale for 30% off on the Japanese eShop until the 20th, $15 cheaper than the US version

Does the Japanese version have an English language option?

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

just playing some classic ssbm to prepare for gc virtual console

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Skipopatomus posted:

just playing some classic ssbm to prepare for gc virtual console

Can't wait to ride that Yoshi...!

Bird Law
Nov 5, 2009

Hummingbirds are a legal tender.
Saw this amazing Switch case on reddit, except it's kickstarter :negative:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1274541538/switchcase-case-with-replaceable-grips-for-nintend?ref=discovery

That's seriously the slickest case I've seen yet, the grips look perfect and it still fits in the dock. What's the chances the final product looks and works like that? I've got no experience with kickstarter except losing :10bux: on some bullshit back in the day.

Edit: So it's apparently fully funded x7 now with 9 days left to go and their plan to is to start shipping in October, looks pretty promising, said every kickstarter backer ever. I've thrown $30 bucks at worse.

Bird Law fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Not sure why you'd spend the money they're asking for the pro controller when there's a more than acceptable chance of the d pad being poo poo.

• Locked thread