Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

nerd_of_prey posted:

Apologies if this has already been posted but Argos UK has preorders of the compendium edition of octopath traveller on pre-order for £31.99, which is cheaper than the regular version on Amazon. Seems like a mistake as this version is 95 quid other places.

Well I ordered it...hope they'll actually honour the price, nice catch there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Played the ARMS demo, it's super thorough. It's a fun game, tried the motion controls and they seem fine, will try buttons another time. I don't see myself ever really getting quite good at it though.

If the demo allows it, remap the controls. The default setup is a mess.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Arms is bad actually.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

mario RPG owns and all characters in that game are good

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

ARMS is good but it always seemed unfair to me that the pro controller felt easier and plain better than motion controls. It'd be like allowing mouse and keyboard in Splatoon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Pijeus posted:

Well I ordered it...hope they'll actually honour the price, nice catch there!

They wont, they are know for it. Just hope our orders slip through the cracks and they dont notice until they've sent the orders out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Unhhhhhhh drat nintendo sure hate money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nintendo's already producing an entirely different SNES Classic just for Japanese markets so they're probably just gonna keep making more versions of the dang thing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Unhhhhhhh drat nintendo sure hate money.

"I'm not spending $80 on a VC emulator." *installs SNES9x*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nintendo let me put snes games on my switch

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Bleck posted:

Put Geno and Mallow and Croco in Smash and also Boshi as an alt costume

Just give me a side story game called Boshi story where he has a gun

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

AlphaKeny1 posted:

mario RPG owns and all characters in that game are good

It's the best mario RPG. It's better than TTYD

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waiting to see what gets announced at E3 with regards to classic NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii games.

If not I think a lot of folks gonna be homebrewing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

HD remake of Super Mario RPG :nyoron:

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Infinitum posted:

Waiting to see what gets announced at E3 with regards to classic NES/SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii games.

If not I think a lot of folks gonna be homebrewing

I'd be legit surprised to see anything announced beyond NES games coming to their online service, for now at least.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

I'd be legit surprised to see anything announced beyond NES games coming to their online service, for now at least.

Starting with that all time VC classic...

Urban Champion

:negative:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BisterdDave posted:

They mentioned SNES games so those will come too eventually.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

SeANMcBAY posted:

They mentioned SNES games so those will come too eventually.

Eventually they will, but I'm not expecting to see any announced at E3 or during the initial release of their online service. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

put mario 64 DS on this drat thing

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Infinitum posted:

HD remake of Super Mario RPG :nyoron:

Super Mario MMORPG

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
rather dull

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kinda hard to fit 200 characters on the cover art

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yukimura is so friggin boring jeez

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

All that matters is what the dashboard icon will look like.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

they should though. The only beatles album cover that actually shows the entire band is the most memorable one.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I lost my mother almost five years ago from a brain aneurysm, I cant imagine losing them so young. Im so sorry for your loss..

This article helped me a little bit today: https://johnpavlovitz.com/2015/05/09/for-those-who-hurt-on-mothers-day/

Also, apparently Team Donny won the Splatfest, goddamnit.

Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss as well. That sounds sudden. My mother died suddenly as well. It sucks. It's going to be 20 years in August.

In happier news, this is the meal I was going out to eat!

It's eight hours later and I'm still full. And that's after a longass walk on the beach.

Btw I wasn't able to play very well on the drive down. There was too much traffic and construction and Golf Story requires sort of precise inputs for the more story based stuff so I didn't get too far. Last year on the way down there wasn't as much traffic and I was only shrine hunting. It was a better show of the Switch as a portable. Still the best though was playing on the airplane on the way to my dad's high school reunion last fall. I felt like the douchebag millennial from the reveal trailer, only I was playing Stardew, not Skyrim.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Infinitum posted:

You don't gotta fit all of them. Just the important ones.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It’s still kind of amazing to me that Omega Force has not one but two series that they couldn’t keep the numbering straight between regions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Looper posted:

Happy Metroid Other M Day, everyone

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

I was team Mario-Bowser-Peach because Mallow and Geno were bad and ugly characters.

Mallow is good and cute and a storm wizard which owns!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Lobster posted:

In happier news, this is the meal I was going out to eat!

It's eight hours later and I'm still full. And that's after a longass walk on the beach.

I'm glad you survived your trip to the beach even if i would've really liked that collection of joycons

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Mario RPG would be an instant buy. I don’t even know if it’s on the 3DS.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I bought Binding of Isaac like some sort of idiot and now I wish I could refund it. What have they done to this game? :negative:

Inzombiac posted:

What's the price point where Yooka-Laylee is really worth it?

I loved all the Rare games, in spite of their jankiness.
Didn't see anyone answer this.

I think it depends on your tolerance for old collectathon platformers. A lot of the anger and complaints about the game is that it doesn't evolve the genre or improve upon it, it's basically just More Banjo Kazooie. I went in without the hype and I enjoyed the game for what it's worth, so if you just want to run around doing 3D platforming and collecting weird things with eyes then you'll probably enjoy it :shobon: Obviously it won't perfectly live up to the nostalgia of playing those games as a kid, but I thought it was an enjoyable game.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Your Computer posted:

I bought Binding of Isaac like some sort of idiot and now I wish I could refund it. What have they done to this game? :negative:

They added spawning portals and some items that are a lot like older times but not as good, and a worse version of greed mode and a boss that makes Hush feel fun.

But they made sacrifice rooms better so maybe it evens out.

I'm exaggerating, but I do hate portals, and having beaten each of them once, i can't see myself ever fighting Delerium or Ultra Greed again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

obi_ant posted:

Mario RPG would be an instant buy. I don’t even know if it’s on the 3DS.

It isn’t. It’s on the Wii U and SNES Classic though.

I love the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi series’ but I’d really love an RPG sequel.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

smrpg isnt on the 3ds vc probably because they didnt want to deal with the SA1 coprocessor support

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Not Operator posted:

They added spawning portals and some items that are a lot like older times but not as good, and a worse version of greed mode and a boss that makes Hush feel fun.

But they made sacrifice rooms better so maybe it evens out.

I'm exaggerating, but I do hate portals, and having beaten each of them once, i can't see myself ever fighting Delerium or Ultra Greed again.
I used to love this game :smith:

Also who on earth thought it was a good idea to include so many guaranteed* damage rooms. A small room with 9 fatties on the second floor? Really?? I guess Edmund thought the game was too fair, because it looks like the bullshit has been ramped up a thousandfold.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

What's the price point where Yooka-Laylee is really worth it?

I loved all the Rare games, in spite of their jankiness.

It is like someone released an HD version of an N64 game with exactly those design philosophies intact. They did a bunch of work to improve it from launch but its still exactly that at its heart even if now the camera isnt also the worst thing in existence.

I found it super boring and frustrating to play, but I also played the launch version and some complaints were addressed since then. Others like the incessant quiz bullshit remain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Try, or at least read about the Afterbirth+ challenge Aprils Fool, to get your fill of McMillen for life.

• Locked thread