Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Nintendo's been busting out Link Between Worlds in video ads for the 2DS XL I've been seeing on Twitter lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

JordanKai posted:

I can't believe we're getting two different Koopas, Dry Bones, and Dry Bowser but no mention of Shiverians and Tostarenans.

I want to be a round seal boy bouncing around the court. :(

If I can’t play as a fork Nintendo might as well cancel this piece of poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Strawberry Panda posted:

Soooo... Runner 3 verdict?

How much is it like DKCR mine cart levels? Do the stages dynamically change in a similar way or does the level design feel pretty basic

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Macaluso posted:

How much is it like DKCR mine cart levels? Do the stages dynamically change in a similar way or does the level design feel pretty basic

If it's anything like Runner 2, it will explore every permutation of jumping, sliding, blocking and kicking by its end. The levels don't typically explode so much as there will be moving ramps and obstacles. But the backgrounds are really nice and it feels right

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Jizo better be a mario tennis playable character at some point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why the heck does Shantae spawn you with half health after a game over? That is just the game being an rear end in a top hat

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zas posted:

everybody loves links awakening!

Heck yea we do :shopkeeper:

Also Skyward Sword was one of the least fun gaming experiences I've had. There's probably good stuff in that game and I wanted to like it (it is gorgeous) but it was buried under a literal mountain of "Master, there is a 82.1% chance I'll repeat this message 15 times in the next 2 minutes" . The game will tell you about a puzzle, show you the puzzle, tell you how to solve the puzzle and then repeat how to solve the puzzle before you even get to try the puzzle. The game takes hand-holding to a new level and it felt like a never-ending tutorial. Also doesn't help that there's no overworld and you just go from level to level.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Link's Awakening is the objectively best Zelda game

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Release all the Ivalice games on Switch you cowards

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Nephzinho posted:

WW being the best 3D Zelda game is the hill I have chosen to die on (not that its a particularly hot take).

Macaluso posted:

Link's Awakening is the objectively best Zelda game

You know, there's an entire Zelda thread for us to go to so I can tell you why, actually, Majora's Mask 3D is the be

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Argue posted:

Release all the Ivalice games on Switch you cowards

That's uh... FFT, FFTA, FFTA2, FF12, FF14-ish?

Yeah loving do this Square.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
And the Vagrant Story remake and sequel that we're surely getting someday!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Manky posted:

You know, there's an entire Zelda thread for us to go to so I can tell you why, actually, Majora's Mask 3D is the be

Sorry but, while Majora's Mask 3D is a fantastic game, the original MM takes that crown simply for being able to stay in Goron Form for the entire Goht Fight and Wheel-of-Death'ing him down :black101:.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I really like what I played of the Sushi Strikers demo but I do have a problem with the game so far and that’s it makes me hungry as I’m playing 3/10

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why the heck does Shantae spawn you with half health after a game over? That is just the game being an rear end in a top hat

It can feel unbearable when somebody has high expectations for you but you should try to live up to them

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: Double post!?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Not Operator posted:

I am 1000% on board with them finally releasing the entire Tactics trilogy after like 10 years. No other strategy series could really scratch the itch that those three games did.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Not Operator posted:

You forgot Revenant Wings and some other side games.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallom posted:

It can feel unbearable when somebody has high expectations for you but you should try to live up to them

gently caress off with that git gud excuse, it's just bad game design

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sorry but, while Majora's Mask 3D is a fantastic game, the original MM takes that crown simply for being able to stay in Goron Form for the entire Goht Fight and Wheel-of-Death'ing him down :black101:.

Yeah I will totally concede that the original Goht fight rocked, it was much much better, and the changes to it were a substantial misstep.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's all made up for by the fact that I can easily win any archery game because of gyro aiming. I might actually play through OoT3D after already beating it on the Wii because of the gyro aiming. I just wish OoT3D had the C stick.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress off with that git gud excuse, it's just bad game design

Have you checked to see if Shantae can consume Humanity to regain her health bar

It works in other games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cojawfee posted:

It's all made up for by the fact that I can easily win any archery game because of gyro aiming. I might actually play through OoT3D after already beating it on the Wii because of the gyro aiming. I just wish OoT3D had the C stick.

Majora’s Mask 3D lets you use the second stick for camera control if you’re on a New 3DS or have one of those CPP attachments.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wanna get a new switch game today and I’m ktbaure if I want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze or Kirby Star Allies. I never got a chance to play DKTF so both are pretty much new games to me. Which would goons recommend?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I wanna get a new switch game today and I’m ktbaure if I want Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze or Kirby Star Allies. I never got a chance to play DKTF so both are pretty much new games to me. Which would goons recommend?

Kirby if you plan on co-oping and want something more laid back. TF is fantastic and the better platformer but it is pretty tough.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I liked Skyward Sword and think it gets a bad rap. A remake would be sweet. The combat in that game was a lot of fun.

Not Operator posted:

Skyward Sword was good, and could have been great if they turned down Fi's advice. She's the most obnoxious of all the guide characters because she'll repeat things you just found out, and basically explain how to solve puzzles without you ever asking.

A remake with a hard mode where she provided minimal advice and direction would be cool.

Isn't there a fan hack that makes quality of life changes like turning down Fi and not being told what a rupee is every time you pick it up?

I wish Nintendo would make a good Four Swords Adventures sequel for the Switch. Playing that four player was one of the most fun times I've had with a Nintendo game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is "ktbaure" some anime word for describing a nerd who can't decide which games to get?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword are still the only Zeldas I have stopped playing halfway through because I was bored

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Tropical Freeze is better.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I can't play TP gain but I also basically played it 2 or 3 times over before actually clearing it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TP gets much better around the mid game imo. It has my favorite set of dungeons of all 3D Zeldas.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TP's not lacking in good content, it just railroads you into a lot of dull stuff between the dungeons and better setpieces. You could probably flatout delete a lot of stuff from the game and get a better Zelda that's still on the longer end.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SeANMcBAY posted:

TP gets much better around the mid game imo. It has my favorite set of dungeons of all 3D Zeldas.

TP is the only console Zelda I've quit. Did the HD remake make the start of the game any quicker? I wish Nintendo would either start releasing the 3d Zeldas on the Switch or be really cool and give us a massive Zelda collection. I'll believe modern Nintendo would make an awesome game collection when I see it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

TP is the only console Zelda I've quit. Did the HD remake make the start of the game any quicker? I wish Nintendo would either start releasing the 3d Zeldas on the Switch or be really cool and give us a massive Zelda collection. I'll believe modern Nintendo would make an awesome game collection when I see it

Not immensely quicker but it did fix a lot of the smaller pacing issues.

I’d like to see a SS HD that does a similar thing. I love the motion controls and dungeons but I find the overworld to be a chore to navigate especially the stealth and tadtones stuff.:barf:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
How is Bloodstained:Curse of the Moon? From what i gather its good(?) but short(?)

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Do we have a thread for Hyrule Warriors now with the Switch release?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

THE loving MOON posted:

How is Bloodstained:Curse of the Moon? From what i gather its good(?) but short(?)

Yep, it's good but it's short and fairly easy. It has multiple endings and harder difficulties to unlock, so assuming you like the game and don't mind replaying it you'll definitely get your money's worth.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

PJOmega posted:

Do we have a thread for Hyrule Warriors now with the Switch release?

Yes.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857650

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep, it's good but it's short and fairly easy. It has multiple endings and harder difficulties to unlock, so assuming you like the game and don't mind replaying it you'll definitely get your money's worth.

Cool, i might pick it up after work. I want sonething to keep me occupied until BBTag dtops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Any good couch co op games outside of Mario Kart? Need something to keep me and a buddy occupied on an 17 hour long flight.

• Locked thread