Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
It blows my loving old man's mind that the gf and I can play Minecraft with her sister and brother-in-law on three different platforms.

New update is dope if you're into treasure hunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

doingitwrong posted:

Years ago, before Warcraft 3 becomes another RTS they previewed a version of the game where you played as an individual hero guiding an army in a great battle. The camera was fixed 3rd person and you raced around the battlefield putting out fires and challenging enemy heroes where needed. They ultimately scrapped that approach.

I remember that. I was so excited for that kind of Warcraft game. :(

Spellforce 3 is pretty good at least. Though gently caress that first orc RTS level because CPU cheats like crazy on it.

Feenix posted:

Octopath Wall Street!

Tressa is the 1%?

Fly with me posted:

So.... With Microsoft and Nintendo playing nice together, and rumors abound at more collaborations coming in the future, when can we expect Cuphead: Switch Edition?

Put Lost Odyssey on the Switch.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Put Lost Odyssey on the Switch.
that'd be nice

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

YggiDee posted:

Another nice thing about the Switch is that if you're playing during a rainstorm and the power flickers, you won't lose your progress because the Switch just swaps to handheld mode while the power turns back on.

This happened to me last night. Power went out and I just picked the switch out from the dock and continued playing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Finally got my hands on Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection. Man... the game is literally unplayable with the joy cons. I just cannot pull off button combinations with the non d-pad buttons. Yet to try with the pro controller, but it’s not good so far

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

Finally got my hands on Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection. Man... the game is literally unplayable with the joy cons. I just cannot pull off button combinations with the non d-pad buttons. Yet to try with the pro controller, but it’s not good so far

Use the sticks and consider investing in other controllers if you want to play somewhat seriously. The pro isn’t ideal either.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zas posted:

that'd be nice

Switch gets Lost Odyssey and maybe others like Blue Dragon, Xbox gets to have Samus in the next Halo game. Seems like a fair trade.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Your Computer posted:

That's funny, to me it was the successor to Mario 64/Sunshine that I was hoping it would be :v:

It's such an amazing game though.

Mario 64 to me has aged pretty poorly. I still enjoy it cause it's pretty nostalgic, but if they just rebuilt the whole game using the Odyssey engine and moveset, I'd eat that poo poo up in a heartbeat. Same with Sunshine

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

We get jet grind radio. That other stuff is crap

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

AlphaKeny1 posted:

I just got to Ancient Basin and I'm starting to feel fatigue from playing this game in terms of all the backtracking and traveling, and the distance between benches and bosses. I don't want to take a break from the game, either, because I feel like I'll forget all the places that I know I need to backtrack to once I get the upgrade I obviously need. The game is really great and more than I could ask for for its price. I just wish you could buy something that lets you instantly travel to shops or something. The cool thing about Super Metroid and Dark Souls is that I know I don't need to tediously travel back somewhere.

This was probably my one and only gripe about the game -- the gigantic map and Metroidvania nature of progression leads to an unprecedented amount of backtracking/revisiting unless you luck out and happen to visit the right sequence of areas by chance.

If you aren't interested in a lightly-spoilered progression guide (google that,) the best thing you can do is use your map markers. Come up with your own color code (e.g. blue dots for dead ends to revisit, gray dots for curiously-rattling floors, etc.) That way, you'll know which areas to revisit once you get an applicable movement ability.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Junkie Disease posted:

We get jet grind radio. That other stuff is crap

That's Dreamcast, not Xbox. I'd be down for seeing more ports/remasters of Dreamcast games in general though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

Mario 64 to me has aged pretty poorly. I still enjoy it cause it's pretty nostalgic, but if they just rebuilt the whole game using the Odyssey engine and moveset, I'd eat that poo poo up in a heartbeat. Same with Sunshine
They're old games :shobon: Mario 64 in particular has the problem every early 3D game has, which is the camera. A remake would be an instant-buy though.

The camera is a big reason why I'm so happy about Odyssey. I couldn't play Mario Galaxy 1/2 because my brain is bad and the upside-down/local gravity stuff made me queasy, and also the entire reason I liked 3D Mario in the first place was the expansive levels. So I skipped Galaxy 1/2 after Sunshine and Mario 3D World was a fantastic game but it wasn't a 3D Mario game. It was a 2D Mario game in 3D. :v:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the camera in like, new donk city in particular is miraculous. i dunno i still love sm64 but maybe it's just cause I know it well enough to not have to worry about the camera too much.

sunshine on the other hand...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
they did remake mario 64 :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's Dreamcast, not Xbox. I'd be down for seeing more ports/remasters of Dreamcast games in general though.

The second Jet Set was on xbox and hasn't been ported to anything else

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

they did remake mario 64 :v:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, but only JSR for Dreamcast has been called Jet Grind Radio. Confusion was bound to happen.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Jet set radio future my bad

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there are a lotta other pretty good xbox and 360 games. ninja gaiden black, bullet witch, panzer dragoon orta... probably more

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The should make another Punch Out we have t had one since the Wii and it was pretty great

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
My progression was Gameboy - SNES - PC - GBC - NES - PSX - PS2 + GC - XBox - 360 - PS3 - PS4 - 3ds - Switch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The should make another Punch Out we have t had one since the Wii and it was pretty great

Yah. Make it a ufc thing to get the kids into it. Have little mac breaking arms

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Astro7x posted:

BBTag plays way better on joycons and perfect on an 8bitdo ;)

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Does it bug anyone else to see the "Wii U" written out as "WiiU" or "wiiU"? I see it all the time and I'm like no, there's a space and "Wii" is capitalized!

I know, I know, :spergin:.txt

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

The Lobster posted:

Does it bug anyone else to see the "Wii U" written out as "WiiU" or "wiiU"? I see it all the time and I'm like no, there's a space and "Wii" is capitalized!

Who the hell is talking about the WiiU in 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Lobster posted:

:siren: WiiU WiiU WiiU WiiU :siren:

🚑

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Very funny guys

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I preordered the Okami retail edition from Amazon. Don't know why.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Hey guys I've bought every Nintendo, but I'm going to buy my first Xbox soon because I want to try one of those ones that doesn't come out on Nintendo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nolgthorn posted:

Hey guys I've bought every Nintendo, but I'm going to buy my first Xbox soon because I want to try one of those ones that doesn't come out on Nintendo.

As someone who has an xbox and supports what Microsoft is doing with their platform, why would you buy an xbox and not a PS4?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

empathe posted:

BBTag plays way better on joycons and perfect on an 8bitdo ;)

Yup. I love SF but those arcade ports were built with arcade sticks in mind and feel wrong with even controllers with good dpads. BBTag and DBFZ was built with controllers in mind as well so they’ll control better with them.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
I like Tennis so far, but drat it needs a Retry option when you beef it on a challenge. Loading back into the world map and having to click through a bunch of dialog to then load back into the stage is irritating. I don't get how something like that survives any amount of testing.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Cojawfee posted:

I preordered the Okami retail edition from Amazon. Don't know why.

Can you link it because I can't find it when I search. And you preordered it because it's a great game worth replaying.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/frankcifaldi/status/1009910213212712960?s=21
SNK Collection sounds like it’s going to be really good.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cojawfee posted:

As someone who has an xbox and supports what Microsoft is doing with their platform, why would you buy an xbox and not a PS4?

Yeah for real. The PS4 is the best console I’ve ever owned and paired up with a Switch you’ve got the #1 video game duo of all time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yup. I love SF but those arcade ports were built with arcade sticks in mind and feel wrong with even controllers with good dpads. BBTag and DBFZ was built with controllers in mind as well so they’ll control better with them.

you can't even remap controls either so if you don't use a stick then the games are pretty much unplayable with is loving awful. I traded mine in as well for BBTag. I wish Capcom gave the portwork to someone who would give more than one iota of a poo poo in terms of accessibility or support

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Because Sony is being a dick right now with cross-platform multiplayer

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DLC Inc posted:

you can't even remap controls either so if you don't use a stick then the games are pretty much unplayable with is loving awful. I traded mine in as well for BBTag. I wish Capcom gave the portwork to someone who would give more than one iota of a poo poo in terms of accessibility or support

I wish they would have just ported the 360/PS3 version of 3rd Strike instead.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 23, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish they would have just ported the 360/PS4 version of 3rd Strike instead.

or just the updated console versions of the games so we got the great Alpha 3 ultra edition, or editions of the games WITHOUT the initial arcade poo poo that would get patched and changed. The fighting game part of Capcom has curiously been on the complete opposite trajectory as literally the rest of their IPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
really wish the single player in Tennis just didn't unlock anything at all so I could just ignore it entirely 'cause it's really bad

• Locked thread