Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Imagine if instead of making ARMS, Nintendo made another game instead... like a new animal crossing or smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

with mario kart animal crossing stage, amiibo festival, and like one million animal crossing amiibo cards, i am loving baffled that there was apparently no animal crossing ready for switch launch

where the hell is animal crossing switch

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ARMS being a springboard to get Twintelle into Smash would make the game worthwhile. Also Barq and Byte

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Today I traded in my entire physical switch collection (and a couple 3ds games) to gamestop and then rebought everything digitally. This didn't actually cost me any money to do. The siren call of best buys gamer club is strong but gently caress switching carts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Imagine if instead of making ARMS, Nintendo made another game instead... like a new animal crossing or smash.

It would suck because they spent no time making arms

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

Today I traded in my entire physical switch collection (and a couple 3ds games) to gamestop and then rebought everything digitally. This didn't actually cost me any money to do. The siren call of best buys gamer club is strong but gently caress switching carts.

That's pretty neat. Run into any issue with save files?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Manky posted:

That's pretty neat. Run into any issue with save files?

Everything's still downloading. I shouldn't I don't think since they're saved locally on the switch but this is nintendo so who knows.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah who'd want to experiment with making games? not valve.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm glad ARMS exists.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm glad ARMS exists.

I've never played it, and probably never will, but it's neat that it exists, I agree

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

When's Stardew valley coming out?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

So two more hours and we aren't forced to participate in Nintendo's little marketing ploy for Splatoon right?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

spit on my clit posted:

yeah who'd want to experiment with making games? not valve.

I hate it when nintendo does new things

So two more hours and we aren't forced to participate in Nintendo's little marketing ploy for Splatoon right?

forced?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Well, in two hours we go from playing purple and blue versus green in turf war to turf war with all the colours of the rainbow, if that's what you mean.

Also I'm sorry for your fun allergy, hope you feel better.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

the mcdonalds splatfest is next week, dummy.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Stardew x Harry Potter when

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Yea, you can't leave the splatfest and play ranked modes if you want too. Playing turf with random mixtures of player quality gets old as hell fast

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I wouldn't really call that forced tbh, just do something else for a day

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

shrike82 posted:

When's Stardew valley coming out?

It would have been great like a month ago when there was nothing to play, now there are too many good games releasing again. Maybe I'll look for Stardew next time there is a gaming drought.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

chaleski posted:

Stardew x Harry Potter when

hopefully never, or when the rest of chucklefish gets tired of Tiy and leaves him behind

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Just brought my switch on a plane. Playing Zelda and Mario XCOM anywhere rules. If only I could do Splatoon mp in-flight.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Ventana posted:

I wouldn't really call that forced tbh, just do something else for a day

Nintendo is a curiosity to me. I'm trying to imagine any other company shutting off modes on a holiday weekend so that people can only play their causal, free to play, money making event.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nintendo making bank from their promotional deal with Big Superpower

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

wuggles posted:

Anyone playing Azure Striker Gunvolt? I'm playing on hard and it is very difficult. I think I might be about to beat a level but my gf won't let me stay in the hotel room and play while we're on vacation :(

You should enjoy your vacation, then learn the game on normal and start with the datastore stage (orange guy).

Hard mode is kind of a novelty. Once you know the game it's easier than normal in some ways since you have more power and earn more kudos. My best score on the intro stage is 500k but on hard i got 1.5 million.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Is there a comprehensive comparison list of FIFA features between PS4/Xbox and Switch? I'm still confused by what exactly is missing (perhaps this is evidence of why Switch users should only get simple things). What the developer trundled out today was a disappointment, I had seen a few interviews and had gotten the impression that they were actually trying their best given the Switch's obvious limitations when put beside the other consoles. I am still likely going to buy FIFA, because it seems to be a good portable FIFA, but it's gone from a sure buy to something I am more hesitant about now.

It's a shame because nba2k18 seems to have all the same features and game modes that the non-portable consoles have.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

It's a shame because nba2k18 seems to have all the same features and game modes that the non-portable consoles have.

It also has amiibo support, making it actually the best of all possible versions

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

2k games themselves aren't even perfect on Switch. WWE 2k18 won't have the upgrade to 8 player matches that the other platforms get.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gaffle posted:

You should enjoy your vacation, then learn the game on normal and start with the datastore stage (orange guy).

Hard mode is kind of a novelty. Once you know the game it's easier than normal in some ways since you have more power and earn more kudos. My best score on the intro stage is 500k but on hard i got 1.5 million.

Thank you, I think I will do this after the flies boss kicks my rear end a few more times. Also in case it wasn't clear, that thing about my gf was a joke. I enjoyed seeing Ed Sheeran with her and now I'm enjoying waiting for an Uber with her.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Nintendo is a curiosity to me. I'm trying to imagine any other company shutting off modes on a holiday weekend so that people can only play their causal, free to play, money making event.

making money from what???????????

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Kiranamos posted:

When is Downwell coming on the switch and when can I play it with the switch turned vertically

You can play it now with the Vita turned vertically!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Um, I think you've got a contradiction here buddy :psyduck:.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Splatfest is awesome and is one of the best parts of the series.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It’s a drat shame Arms was shovelware though.

Are we past the honeymoon period of people saying that game was good then? I was excited to play it after seeing all the hype here... then I played it.

Kaubocks posted:

with mario kart animal crossing stage, amiibo festival, and like one million animal crossing amiibo cards, i am loving baffled that there was apparently no animal crossing ready for switch launch

where the hell is animal crossing switch

They put out an update for the 3DS Animal Crossing instead. You probably won't be seeing that on Switch until a year or two after the 3DS is officially dead.

Zolthorg? Is that you? Why did you change your name?

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 3, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"One of the reason he decided to make the whole game playable with one joy-con is that he hopes Sakurai will finally let Travis join Smash Bros."

I admire Suda51 and his honesty here.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

He was asked if there could be co-op since you can play with only one joy-con, and answered that he can't talk about that secret yet.

Come onnn playing as Mister Sir Henry Motherfucker :allears:.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

raditts posted:

They put out an update for the 3DS Animal Crossing instead. You probably won't be seeing that on Switch until a year or two after the 3DS is officially dead.

i honestly figured that they had something in works for the wii u but decided to push it back to the switch and that's why they had all these high res assets for mario kart and amiibo festival plus an explanation for all these amiibo cards

the update to new leaf felt like part of that stop gap stuff

but i guess they really just had nothing??

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

i honestly figured that they had something in works for the wii u but decided to push it back to the switch and that's why they had all these high res assets for mario kart and amiibo festival plus an explanation for all these amiibo cards

Have you seen this year's lineup of Switch titles? Gotta save something for 2018.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kaubocks posted:

New furniture assets take time. This is a lesson every Sims game since 3 or so has taught us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Are women really into Ford cars?

ask my wife

• Locked thread