Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What’s the deal with Promoting in FEW
I assume the Lordettes get a plot driven one, and I have Master Seals, but is it like previous FEs were characters can promote by themselves if they hit a certain level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

What’s the deal with Promoting in FEW
I assume the Lordettes get a plot driven one, and I have Master Seals, but is it like previous FEs were characters can promote by themselves if they hit a certain level?
no, you need to use a master seal

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Endorph posted:

no, you need to use a master seal

Is there enough for all the characters and is there a recommended level I should do it or just do it asap

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fawf posted:

Unlimited World Red has an original story. It's decent by the standards of non-canon One Piece material but if you're looking for any sort of recap you're not going to find it there. If Pirate Warriors 3 by chance ever came to Switch that game has a fairly comprehensive retelling of the manga story.

Oh boo. I thought it was recap + original story.

Got Pirate Warriors 3 on PC (When steam hosed up and it was on sale for 70 cents)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my god Corrin’s voice actor
Oh my god you can call them family or brothers and sisters instead of siblings siBLINGS SIBLINGS SIBLINGSSSSSS

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I picked up UWR a few years back when it came out on Vita. It's a perfectly serviceable Monster Hunter clone from an era when everyone was trying to cash in on the Hunting Action craze, but yeah it's its own thing and not a story recap.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So is the preferred control scheme for Super Mario Odyssey separated non-thumbs-up Joycons?

I always found that uncomfortable and have not used that for anything the whole time I've owned a Switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maybe I should buy Xenoverse and beat up some nerds :nyoron:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So is the preferred control scheme for Super Mario Odyssey separated non-thumbs-up Joycons?

I always found that uncomfortable and have not used that for anything the whole time I've owned a Switch

I’m sure playing with the grip, handheld mode or with a pro controller will also be fine.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Calaveron posted:

Is there enough for all the characters and is there a recommended level I should do it or just do it asap

From what I read, do it ASAP since it doesn’t reset level, it’s just a big stat boost and crest unlock. Apparently there are 6 in the story mode and the rest are in history maps with exactly enough for everyone in the end.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 22, 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The preferred control scheme is whichever control scheme you prefer, friend.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

chiasaur11 posted:

If I remember right, Nintendo's able to have such quick turnaround because, basically, they get your data on the most recently repaired system, and put your damaged box in the queue for someone else later. It's pretty good for improving turnaround.
poo poo, so there goes the screen protecter. well, hope the switch i get is in good condition and free of scratches

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How do I find out how many hours I’ve played a game? It just tells me when I started it for the first time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rolo posted:

How do I find out how many hours I’ve played a game? It just tells me when I started it for the first time.

I think it'll start giving you hours a week or two after you start playing it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think it'll start giving you hours a week or two after you start playing it.

They changed it to be updated in real time - it just comes in 5 hour increments and the first few are "just started", " a couple hours", etc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nephzinho posted:

They changed it to be updated in real time - it just comes in 5 hour increments and the first few are "just started", " a couple hours", etc.

I wish it still did that for higher numbers. “A lot”, “an insane amount”, etc.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

A Pseudo-sequel that uses assets from other Warriors games so it's a huge crossover with Zelda x Everything Else.

One Piece, Berserk, doesn't matter just throw it in there.

A Link, Psaro, Guts, and Lu Bu all star murder squad in a Musou game? Sign me up.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
:siren: If you use a format conversion cable or have your switch plugged into recording hardware do not upgrade to 4.0.0 :siren:

You'll be stuck at 480p while docked

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Has anyone bought In the Flame and Flood? It looks interesting but the reviews seem a bit lackluster. I'm hoping it will scratch that survival itch til they port Don't Starve.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wahoo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whose dick did you have to suck to get SMO a week early, and do you have his number?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kaewan posted:

Has anyone bought In the Flame and Flood? It looks interesting but the reviews seem a bit lackluster. I'm hoping it will scratch that survival itch til they port Don't Starve.

I did. It's aesthetically pleasing but a bit lackluster.

The core gameplay loop is too simple such that I don't really feel like there are many meaningful decisions to make. The best path forward in any given situation is kinda obvious and in fact there are rarely alternatives.

If it were $5 I'd say heck yeah, and if it were $10 then I'd say it's cheaper than the movies for a few hours' entertainment. At $15 I don't regret my purchase because I enjoy supporting smaller devs and studying game design but I wouldn't recommend it to others. Don't Starve was flawed but at least I didn't run out of stuff to do before I lost interest in it.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Voxx posted:

:siren: If you use a format conversion cable or have your switch plugged into recording hardware do not upgrade to 4.0.0 :siren:

Netflix coming soon!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

fire emblem game is next year

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hopefully this time it will just be one amazing game rather than split into a great one, an okay one, and a loving awful one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinitum posted:

Whose dick did you have to suck to get SMO a week early, and do you have his number?

You have to buy the YouTube Streamer Starter Kit (upper-end Logitech webcam, Blue Yeti microphone with a pop filter and stabilizer, Elgato capture device, approx. $1500 worth of memorabilia poo poo as a backdrop on cheap IKEA bookshelves) and then upload a bunch of videos to YouTube that all end in "make sure to click like and subscribe"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

enojy posted:

You have to buy the YouTube Streamer Starter Kit (upper-end Logitech webcam, Blue Yeti microphone with a pop filter and stabilizer, Elgato capture device, approx. $1500 worth of memorabilia poo poo as a backdrop on cheap IKEA bookshelves) and then upload a bunch of videos to YouTube that all end in "make sure to click like and subscribe"

Didn't this recently explode on a bunch of youtubers? I know I've seen a few complaining that they won't get free video games :(

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Didn't this recently explode on a bunch of youtubers? I know I've seen a few complaining that they won't get free video games :(

The Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga remake for 3ds leaked out onto torrent sites early because of a streamer uploading it so NoA is having a panic attack with their review copies.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

People who want to go 100% physical are people who never had the amazing 1990's experience of someone stealing your entire CD collection out of your car because it was in a big binder on your front seat, leaving you with a shelf full of empty useless cases at home.
I don't leave my binder full of switch carts in my car

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.

Voxx posted:

WTF does this mean? I use a HDMI to VGA adapter, will that mean I'll be limited to 480p?

Edit: holy poo poo I would have been irate if I had updated, thank you for your post!!!

KingEup fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 22, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

Do not tempt me..

bowmore posted:

I don't leave my binder full of switch carts in my car

Where do you leave your binder? :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Looking forward to seeing how good or crappy this Halloween Sale is on Tuesday.

I hope we see some deep rear end discounts trying to get your dollar before SMO hits.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Is changing the dns the only way to disable firmware updates?

https://hackinformer.com/2017/03/31/bypass-new-nintendo-switch-fw-update/

Gotta disable update because I will lose my poo poo if someone else accidentally updates and I'm forced into 480p indefinitely. I cannot be locked into 480p mode 5 days before SMO comes out.

Edit: can I still update games or is it going try and do a system update at the same time?

KingEup fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Oct 22, 2017

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I don't remember if the DNS thing still does it, but clicking past the annoying popup should leave you safe for some time. I think only some game updates will require the full system update.

I do hope they fix this because it's insane. Still likely Nintendo goes the route of blaming 3rd party hardware or something stupid (which is what support is telling people right now).

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

I've also disabled wifi and put into flight mode.

I also booted into recovery mode which seems to delete any update that has been downloaded and not yet installed.

If I can't play SMO or the next big game in 720p I am inclined to ditch my Switch.

KingEup fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 22, 2017

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Oh my god! My PS4 Plat headset works with the switch now!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Voxx posted:

What's your source on this? It definitely did not happen to me. 4.0 has been a-okay for me. Only problem I've had was because the recent windows update hosed elgato's drivers and I had to roll back, update elgato, and re-update windows.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KingEup posted:

I've also disabled wifi and put into flight mode.

I also booted into recovery mode which seems to delete any update that has been downloaded and not yet installed.

If I can't play SMO or the next big game in 720p I am inclined to ditch my Switch.

Did you ever consider this might be something they'll fix?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Fire Emblem Warriors is fun y'all. I like the Pair Up mechanic, the Weapon Triangle integration and being able to tell your dudes to go kill someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool be nice if the place I ordered it from that totally said it had it in stock and took my money would loving send it me

• Locked thread