Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this right here, this is how it's fuckin done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a382dmNvRXs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

am able to reveal the upcoming titles, hardware and assorted other things Nintendo has planned for Q3/4 2018 and Q1/2 2019. Without further ado, I will leak the leaks.

Games

> Super Mario Galaxy 3, for Switch, planned for Q1 2019

> Super Mario Odyssey port for New 3DS planed for Q2 2019

> Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dlc 3/4 for Q3/4 2018

> LoZ: Classics Remastered, dual 3DS and switch HD port of the original 3 Zelda games.

>Fire Emblem 18: Delayed until Q4 2018, delayed due to problems with the developers

> Fire Emblem Echoes: Geanology of Light (working title), slated for Q1/2 2019, echoes version of Fire Emblem 4 (arts 1 and 2) and Fire Emblem 5, with new free and payed dlc.

>Metroid Prime 4 slated for late 2018

> Super Smash Bros 5, for Switxh slated for early 2019, this is still in planning, officially planned characters to return or be ades will be: The entire cast of SSB 4, Snake, Rayman, Ridley, and Ken. This game will also included, a second call sic mode unlocked after bearing SSB 4’s classic (which will return) at any difficulty. This classic mode will emulate the classic mode in the original SSB, and have the same polygon like textaures of the characters. New stages from new Nintendo Games and 3rd party ips will be added.

> GameCube virtually console for the Switch will be added, with games such as Siper Smah Bros Melee, Fire Emblem: Path of Radience, Super Mario Sunshine.

> New third party ip ports from Bethesda, and the 2k licence as been renewed for another few years, s the switch will get ports for NBA 2k19/20 and Fifita 19/20.

Hardware

> Nintendo 64 and Gacibe classics slated for late 2018 and Early 219 sold on a preorder system lik the otherClassic consoles.

>Gameboy classic slated for mid 2018.

>New Amiibos for new and existing games will be released in waves through 2018 and 2019.

we believe you, many wouldn't, we believe you every word

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
haha holy poo poo Mario Oddyssey, you literally beat the poo poo out of bowser in this one

loving perfect

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
During the final showdown/escape there’s a another song with lyrics that I was totally digging but I can’t find it in the song menu. Anyone know what it’s called?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Augus posted:

hey that's cool. did the developers even plan for this??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a.lo posted:

Considering that’s the only way to reach those coins, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a.lo posted:

more than likely someone just put the coins up there and figured someone'd figure out some way to reach them

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they should put more coins in hard to reach places

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wish these photo mode pictures didn't have that white border. Really messed up their look as phone backgrounds

Also when making a phone background, what I love to do is take the same photo twice, but one of the times with the line filter. I make that my lock screen and the othet one my home screen. Cool effect when you unlock your phone.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 30, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The devs can definitely do all the movement tech stunts in the game even better than the Youtube hotshots, because that's what happens when you spend every shift at work for multiple years building and testing a single game. If they put coins in a place that requires outrageous jumps then yes, they know how to do the jumps.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Augus posted:

Holy moley

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Augus posted:

A pro click if you want the first related video title to pop up in all caps "LEVEL NAME (SUPER SECRET FINAL LEVEL)" Thanks YouTube

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/lunmch/status/924378500517318657

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Endorph posted:

This game will also included, a second call sic mode unlocked after bearing SSB 4’s classic (which will return) at any difficulty. This classic mode will emulate the classic mode in the original SSB, and have the same polygon like textaures of the characters

would this not be super sick though

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Regy Rusty posted:

No I don't. I considered getting one but surely I'll be able to find them eventually

Oh you poor, poor fool.

Augus posted:

They actually expected people to be there. :stare:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's just surprising that they'd put secrets on top of that janky rear end door geometry that we challenge ourselves to jump up on in other games, but were actually rewarded for this time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Oh you poor, poor fool.

They actually expected people to be there. :stare:

When you enter that area the camera actually pans over the pile of coins so it's not much of a surprise

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah I feel like the people that worked on SMO probably grew up with Mario 64 and like me, explored every square inch trying to find secrets. I remember so many instances of thinking for sure there was some awesome secret awaiting me on a rooftop or around a corner, only to be disappointed that no, those flowers didn’t actually mean anything. But this game actually does have secrets on like every rooftop and around every corner. It is the perfect Mario 64 sequel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, even just not having invisible walls everywhere is extraordinary in TYOOL 2017 and the fact that they put something in places like that is just :vince:

Doing that kinda stuff is a big reason why I love 3d platformers (I live to go OOB) and it's awesome to see it embraced.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's great watching that video knowing I can do those things.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

That video does restore some of my faith in the stupid things I've been trying to do so far with limited payoff.

I've completed a few puzzles without realizing they were trying to introduce a new mechanic due to my stupid-jumperry, and five out of the first ten minutes I spent with the game were trying to fly by jumping, throwing a hat, jump-diving, hat-jumping, throwing a hat, and jump-diving.

I was somewhat disappointed when I decided that they make the hat disappear before you can jump off it the second time. I wanted my makeshift wing cap.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have struggled with the ergonomics of pretty much every handheld ever, including the Wii U and I gotta say the switch is really comfortable. Granted, I only have maybe 2 hours logged on it but I am delighted that I didn't think of the placement of my hands once. it just always felt super natural and comfortable.

Initial impressions are really good. Really cool little piece of hardware. The only concerns I have is that the dock seems really flimsy and it's weird that nothing really holds the tablet in place other than the charging connection, and also the screen appears to be plastic? That seems really weird and risky for a tablet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I haven't even figured out how to reliably jump-dive off the cap the first time. Game seems to have a higher skill ceiling than is usual for Mario.

I wonder what they're going to do for 2D Mario on the Switch. Seems unlikely that they'd skip it; getting a 2D Mario, a 3D Mario, and a Mario Kart on every platform has been their strategy for over a decade now. NSMB U was good, but it was also very similar to NSMB Wii, and NSMB's aesthetic isn't exactly exciting - though as long 2D Mario continues to outsell 3D Mario by a factor of two, I guess it doesn't have to be exciting.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

I wonder what they're going to do for 2D Mario on the Switch. Seems unlikely that they'd skip it; getting a 2D Mario, a 3D Mario, and a Mario Kart on every platform has been their strategy for over a decade now. NSMB U was good, but it was also very similar to NSMB Wii, and NSMB's aesthetic isn't exactly exciting - though as long 2D Mario continues to outsell 3D Mario by a factor of two, I guess it doesn't have to be exciting.

Super Duper Mario Maker

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/924869219539329024

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

I don't think that's real. The font (and dialogue) look really off. And while I'm sure that Splat Fest would fly in Japan, that theme is way too niche for North America. I don't think that many kids are familiar with Puyo Puyo at all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's actually Nintendo's concerted effort to get Marina a single win in Splat Fests.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Picked up a Switch and Mario Odyssey today.

Considering taking it back because holy poo poo the controllers drop signal like crazy.

I tried both a pro and the two dangle things, and while they worked fine for the first three hours, the game felt sticky but I just thought I needed to get used to it, by hour four they were constantly missing button presses or not letting go of the stick when I do, so Mario would keep walking for a second or not jump when I want him to, which is when I realized something is very wrong. It got super frustrating when I got Pauline's band together and got treated to a stage to go along with the song, that was great until I died because the controller didn't recognize the jump button three times in a row, and then the next runthrough also nearly got me killed for the exact same reasons. What should have been a highlight was an exercise in frustration instead.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue. There's nothing between my couch and the Switch under my TV, it's not even six feet away. I even had a USB cable to charge the pro controller with and it's still not working right. Then I tried clicking the joycons into the Switch and playing it in handheld mode, and still got dropped signals. :psyduck:

Booted up Mario Galaxy a bit ago and have exactly none of these issues, so it's definitely something with the hardware itself and not any kind of input lag or something eating the bluetooth signal.

I'm gonna give it a day then try again tomorrow. I have no idea what the problem could be but there is a wi-fi router on the coffee table, so maybe I'll move that and see if that does anything. Otherwise I'm gonna return it later this week.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I have struggled with the ergonomics of pretty much every handheld ever, including the Wii U and I gotta say the switch is really comfortable. Granted, I only have maybe 2 hours logged on it but I am delighted that I didn't think of the placement of my hands once. it just always felt super natural and comfortable.

Initial impressions are really good. Really cool little piece of hardware. The only concerns I have is that the dock seems really flimsy and it's weird that nothing really holds the tablet in place other than the charging connection, and also the screen appears to be plastic? That seems really weird and risky for a tablet.

Yeah they cheapened out on the screen. Get a glass screen protector from Amazon, I got mine and it feels as good as any current decent phone. It weirdly makes the device feel even more high end, which is pretty sweet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KingSlime posted:

Yeah they cheapened out on the screen. Get a glass screen protector from Amazon, I got mine and it feels as good as any current decent phone. It weirdly makes the device feel even more high end, which is pretty sweet

In the event one of these broke, is this something I could remove and replace easily? I'm just imagining trying to remove glued on, broken tempered glass from a plastic screen and it sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

In the event one of these broke, is this something I could remove and replace easily? I'm just imagining trying to remove glued on, broken tempered glass from a plastic screen and it sounds like a logistical nightmare.

They attach through friction, you peel them off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, nice. Technology is beyond me at this point. I just figured they were covered in glue.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Picked up a Switch and Mario Odyssey today.

Considering taking it back because holy poo poo the controllers drop signal like crazy.

I tried both a pro and the two dangle things, and while they worked fine for the first three hours, the game felt sticky but I just thought I needed to get used to it, by hour four they were constantly missing button presses or not letting go of the stick when I do, so Mario would keep walking for a second or not jump when I want him to, which is when I realized something is very wrong. It got super frustrating when I got Pauline's band together and got treated to a stage to go along with the song, that was great until I died because the controller didn't recognize the jump button three times in a row, and then the next runthrough also nearly got me killed for the exact same reasons. What should have been a highlight was an exercise in frustration instead.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue. There's nothing between my couch and the Switch under my TV, it's not even six feet away. I even had a USB cable to charge the pro controller with and it's still not working right. Then I tried clicking the joycons into the Switch and playing it in handheld mode, and still got dropped signals. :psyduck:

Booted up Mario Galaxy a bit ago and have exactly none of these issues, so it's definitely something with the hardware itself and not any kind of input lag or something eating the bluetooth signal.

I'm gonna give it a day then try again tomorrow. I have no idea what the problem could be but there is a wi-fi router on the coffee table, so maybe I'll move that and see if that does anything. Otherwise I'm gonna return it later this week.

I had a similar thing happen to me, couldn't figure out what it was. What ended up working was hitting the little resync button one by one on all the controllers, on one, even twice. All good since then, the signals were interfering with each other somehow. I hope this works for you too dude.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Oh, nice. Technology is beyond me at this point. I just figured they were covered in glue.

Yep fortunately it's an easy peel. Interestingly enough, the first wave of them used a type of adhesive that actually caused problems. Some of them got foggy or spotted on corners due to the adhesive heating up then cooling down again when used in the dock.

That's not an issue with the current recommended ones thankfully, including the one I got:

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo/dp/B01N3ASPNV

It's a 2 pack so I just stashed the second one away in my switch box in the closet. The first one is still as good as new, feels amazing, and like all glass screen protectors doesn't affect the visibility in the slightest.

A pro purchase imo given the flimsy plastic they chose. They really should have just gone for gorilla glass but it is what it is

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
where's the cool coin farming spots?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm considering getting a Switch, but I'm hesitant. I bought the Wii U towards the end of 2015, but since then, it's mostly collected dust. I only got a handful of games for it: Mario Kart 8 (which came with the system), New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, and Bayonetta 2 (the last two which I still haven't finished, let alone made much progress in).

There were more than a few game that I wanted to pick up for the system (Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Wonderful 101, Splatoon 1, Hyrule Warriors), but the prices for them never seemed to drop that much. I remember waiting a while to see when Splatoon 1 would get a price cut, but eventually. I heard that they were going to stop doing events for it. and now it seems like all the activity is focused on Splatoon 2.

Right now, the one game that's got my interest for the Switch is Mario Odyssey, thought I haven't really heard that much about it. The only review I've seen was ProJared's, and he made it sound like the game was really good, but it wasn't really as earth-shattering as you might expect. Aside from that, the only other games that I'm interested in checking out are Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Shin Megami Tensei V (though there's been no word yet about whether it's getting released in the US).

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Max Wilco posted:

I'm considering getting a Switch, but I'm hesitant. I bought the Wii U towards the end of 2015, but since then, it's mostly collected dust. I only got a handful of games for it: Mario Kart 8 (which came with the system), New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, and Bayonetta 2 (the last two which I still haven't finished, let alone made much progress in).

There were more than a few game that I wanted to pick up for the system (Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker, Wonderful 101, Splatoon 1, Hyrule Warriors), but the prices for them never seemed to drop that much. I remember waiting a while to see when Splatoon 1 would get a price cut, but eventually. I heard that they were going to stop doing events for it. and now it seems like all the activity is focused on Splatoon 2.

Right now, the one game that's got my interest for the Switch is Mario Odyssey, thought I haven't really heard that much about it. The only review I've seen was ProJared's, and he made it sound like the game was really good, but it wasn't really as earth-shattering as you might expect. Aside from that, the only other games that I'm interested in checking out are Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, and Shin Megami Tensei V (though there's been no word yet about whether it's getting released in the US).

A lot of critics are giving the game poo poo for the bosses not being hard which is a stupid argument since Mario bosses were never hard themselves, but some stages were. The game is practically Mario 64 mixed with Sunshine in terms of feel and environment.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’ve got like 2000 coins the game needs to give me more poo poo to buy

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Whoever says Super Mario Odyssey is too easy should just rush to the post-game. Nintendo does not screw around when the kid gloves come off. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I’ve got like 2000 coins the game needs to give me more poo poo to buy

ah, someone hasn't beat the game yet

• Locked thread