Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

This is probably stupid question, but is there a way to get replacement cover art for a game? I accidentally ruined my Bayonetta case and it's going to drive my OCD loving crazy. I'm so much more annoyed by this than I have any right to be lol.

Go into game stop give the clerk 5 dollars and ask him to switch your ruined art for the empty display box art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Frankston posted:

Bayonetta 2 seems a lot easier than 1 (on normal). I'm up to chapter 8 and I haven't died yet, in fact I've only had to heal myself once so far.

It definitely is. Normal mode on 1 is like hard for 2.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I got a 2nd Pro Controller (I had a launch day A ) from Amazon on that 50 dollar discount and it's a "C".

Gonna test it out see how much better the Dpad is.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Feenix posted:

I got a 2nd Pro Controller (I had a launch day A ) from Amazon on that 50 dollar discount and it's a "C".

Gonna test it out see how much better the Dpad is.

What’s that mean? Is there some serial code designation for ones with improved dpads? Let us know if it’s better.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 20, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Go into game stop give the clerk 5 dollars and ask him to switch your ruined art for the empty display box art

haha this was my first thought too actually. probably wouldn't even take $5 I could probably sweet talk them into it. Might be hard with bayonetta tho because theres gonna be zero used copies at the moment and there's a code on the new copies.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
You can also just straight up offer cash to someone who owns it and doesn't care about the box, though it might come at a bit of a premium.

My suggestion is to just let it go. I used to obsessively save boxes and manuals and past consoles and one day I just... didn't anymore. I sold some but most of then went straight into the recycling bin because it wasn't worth the hassle

It's nice :shrug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I only have books because my apartment has built in shelves

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Augus posted:

This is an old post but what makes Sengoku Basara feel more like an action game than Dynasty Warriors? Legit curious because I never played one of those.

Someone else also explained it but to expand on the point: in DW movesets are far more homogenous. Sure you've got throwing knives mixing it up but most of the movesets are "do your regular attack chain, throw in the occasional strong/charge attack depending on if you need a crowd clearer/officer killer/etc." Depending on the moveset the useful charge attacks will be in different parts of the combo string.

In Sengoku Basara there's less people but way more variety. Haven't played for a while but as I remember it: Masamune has a stance function where his attack goes up but he can't block. Keiji can do cancels in almost every single instance (you can even cancel his death if you take a lethal hit). Motonari is all about setting traps. Saica has four different guns. Kotaro (my favourite) can never ever touch the floor if you do his combos right. I'm forgetting a bunch but yeah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe a friendly goon in possession of a scanner could scan their Bayonetta cover, and then veni veni veni could print it out

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Having replayed Night in the Woods twice I wish there were more to play/see. Such a great game. Such great characterization.

So that was supposed to take me through my two weeks vacation but I still have a week and a half left. I want Celeste for a rainier day than this and Fe seems pretty drat intriguing, but maybe better kept for a sale? Opinions?

I can otherwise keep chipping away at Skyrim and Darkest Dungeon but those are long-term endeavors that'll be done when they are done.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I enjoyed Fe quite a bit but it probably won't last you a week and a half

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Two player Picross is funner than you'd expect

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
That Bayonetta dodge offset video someone posted a few pages back really helped me understand I didn't have to mash a combo, I'm beginning to get better. Thank you!

What are some more advanced combos I should practice to get gud other than PKP? Also combos with weapons. When I learned I could hold a button for a combo, then tried to use the katana I realized PKP didn't apply with it.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fickle Isthmus posted:

That Bayonetta dodge offset video someone posted a few pages back really helped me understand I didn't have to mash a combo, I'm beginning to get better. Thank you!

What are some more advanced combos I should practice to get gud other than PKP? Also combos with weapons. When I learned I could hold a button for a combo, then tried to use the katana I realized PKP didn't apply with it.

If you go to practice mode (press - on a load screen to stay there) you can scroll through combos using the not-d-pad. For the basic moveset I've done alright sticking with PKP, PPK, and PPPK while I try to focus on timing and making dodge offset feel second nature. Those last two have a couple of variations depending on how you continue them (punches, kicks) and whether you use pauses.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe a friendly goon in possession of a scanner could scan their Bayonetta cover, and then veni veni veni could print it out

I can do this when I get home in an hour or so.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

How does this series compare with Disgaea? I was going to get D5 based on the demo, but haven't found it for cheap enough yet.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Use launchers (back+punch/kick while locked on) and Afterburner Kick to get serious juggles going using Punches with standard guns.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s that mean? Is there some serial code designation for ones with improved dpads? Let us know if it’s better.

There are serials B and C (which are newer).

There are (lots?) of people on Reddit and the like claiming things ranging from "Dpad is perfect now!" to "Dpad is much better than it was on my launch one."

My early/light testing tells me I'm hitting up and down when I go left and right really fast... a LOT less. But I'm trying not to fall prey to confirmation bias and hopefulness.

Not sure what a good game to test it on, is...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Probably just best to wait for someone to open it up and tell us if anything changed, like with the Xenoblade Pro controller instead of making baseless assumptions.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
When is that Mario Odyssey update supposed to happen?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Feenix posted:

There are serials B and C (which are newer).

There are (lots?) of people on Reddit and the like claiming things ranging from "Dpad is perfect now!" to "Dpad is much better than it was on my launch one."

My early/light testing tells me I'm hitting up and down when I go left and right really fast... a LOT less. But I'm trying not to fall prey to confirmation bias and hopefulness.

Not sure what a good game to test it on, is...

Puyo Tetris would be the best test

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Only if they remove the intro song. That song is ruined for me.
TAKE ME DOWN TO PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY. I'M DJ ATOMIKA AND YOU'RE LISTENING TO CRASH FMRARRRRGSGGGHHH
Bring back DJ Atomika :(
Bring back SSX in general, apparently the 2012 game actually sold quite well

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

When is that Mario Odyssey update supposed to happen?

They said February so very soon I would think.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone linked to the Let's Play Hideki Kamiya did of Bayonetta? WARNING there are some actual serious spoilers here though, watch it after your first playthrough

It's all up on Youtube apparently, so check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwvSd4kcfdk

EDIT: Hey Kamiya-san release Enzo's narration already

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 21, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Croccers posted:

TAKE ME DOWN TO PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY. I'M DJ ATOMIKA AND YOU'RE LISTENING TO CRASH FMRARRRRGSGGGHHH
Bring back DJ Atomika :(
Bring back SSX in general, apparently the 2012 game actually sold quite well

Ssx 3 is still the greatest snowboarding game of all time

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I want a new 1080 and a new Wave Race with rear end in a top hat announcer code back.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Midjack posted:

I can do this when I get home in an hour or so.

OK, 10 MB PNG of the Bayonetta 2 cover here. Will need a teeny bit of cropping on the bottom right to remove the book I had to use to flatten it.

https://ibb.co/b6pqsc

I have a 57 MB TIFF if you can find a host for it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
What's the state of the mini-dock scene right now? The Nyko one seems to break a lot of things. SFANS was a complete implosion. A bunch of what seemingly generic USB-C to HDMI+USB+Power adapters exist on Amazon but apparently only support 30fps?

Is the mini-dock dream dead?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fedule posted:

What's the state of the mini-dock scene right now? The Nyko one seems to break a lot of things. SFANS was a complete implosion. A bunch of what seemingly generic USB-C to HDMI+USB+Power adapters exist on Amazon but apparently only support 30fps?

Is the mini-dock dream dead?

I just swapped the guts of my stock one into this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YVC3NJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not too hard even though the instructions were completely moronic and missed several steps

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
makes me really glad to see so many people trying bayonetta for the first time. game is too fun. the first one is kinda starting to show it's age though

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Zelder posted:

Tricky or 3 on the switch would be perfectineveryway.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Midjack posted:

OK, 10 MB PNG of the Bayonetta 2 cover here. Will need a teeny bit of cropping on the bottom right to remove the book I had to use to flatten it.

https://ibb.co/b6pqsc

I have a 57 MB TIFF if you can find a host for it.

Thanks!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zelder posted:

Facts.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I just swapped the guts of my stock one into this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071YVC3NJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not too hard even though the instructions were completely moronic and missed several steps
Same, except I bought a used dock on eBay to gut instead of using my own. They were going for $40-50ish last I looked.

There’s also some cheap third party dock boards that are supposed to replace the original ones (i.e. same size and port locations) but hell if I know the caveats of them. They’re also sold in the Basstop looking docks as like "circuit board included" or something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

If you can write up better instructions or even find a link/YouTube I am very interested!!!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am pretty happy that companies are taking feedback and doing something with it.

The recently announced updates have made me seriously consider DooM and Mummy and I was just slightly in the nope column before.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This lumen sage fight is so so so bad. gently caress this poo poo.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Once you get the feel of using dodge offset, the game gets easier. Once you pick up Bat Within, a few Health/Magic upgrades, and some additional weapons it gets MUCH easier.

Case in point, I went from Stone to Platinum on my second time playing Chapter 1 just going back to grab Muspelheim portals and I'm not particularly good at these types of games. You get tons of leeway for dodges/parries from Bat Within and the Link outfit (or the accessory that does the same thing, I forget the name) to the point where you can nearly spam the dodge button on normal mode.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

robot roll call posted:

Puyo Tetris would be the best test

What's supposed to be bad there? Drops when quickly moving left or right? If so, I played 2 rounds of the demo and did nothing but rocked my finger back and forth and never had it register a drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I’m hoping the Doom patch makes it more likely that Wolfenstein II has gyro aiming on release date. And I hope it’s well optimized on day one too, I plan on buying it as soon as they announce a release date.

• Locked thread