Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

katkillad2 posted:

After the 6th fuckup with things I've pre-ordered from BestBuy, I buy from Amazon for the discount. If I am super impatient I will go to Gamestop. Assuming you are in the US and care about saving money, it's either BestBuy or Amazon. Gamestop's rewards program for buying new games is poo poo, but it's usually where I trade everything in.

Edit: It's all anecdotal obviously, but I've never had a video game delivered late from Amazon. Other things I order from them come late all the time even though they say "guaranteed delivery date". I ordered a new mouse that was supposed to be delivered today... the tracking info says it was out for delivery at 7pm... yea ok.

If you have a guaranteed date they will give you like 5 bux if you complain in a customer service chat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

njsykora posted:

Do you think 64gb is enough for the short term (think about a year)? I'm getting a Switch this week and still deciding whether to go up to 128gb which is more than double the price of a 64gb card.

My 64GB card is half-full and I haven't put any software on internal memory yet. It'd probably be fine if you were getting the bigger single-player titles on cartridges (e.g. Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey). Most of the third-party titles on this console currently are in the neighborhood of 1 GB.

You could probably just stick with internal storage for a few months depending on what titles you're looking to snap up and how many you intend to get digitally.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 23, 2017

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

njsykora posted:

Do you think 64gb is enough for the short term (think about a year)? I'm getting a Switch this week and still deciding whether to go up to 128gb which is more than double the price of a 64gb card.

Just picked up a Samsung Evo 128 for like $44. While double the price, it'll probably be the only SD card I'll ever need for the switch. It's still pretty drat cheap regardless. I guess if the additional $22 is a deal breaker, go with 64. It'd still take a while to fill up both the system and sd memory anyway, given the generally small game sizes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr Cheeto posted:

My 64GB card is half-full and I haven't put any software on internal memory yet. It'd probably be fine if you were getting the bigger single-player titles on cartridges (e.g. Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey). Most of the third-party titles on this console currently are in the neighborhood of 1 GB.

You could probably just stick with internal storage for a few months depending on what titles you're looking to snap up and how many you intend to get digitally.

I won't be getting BotW since I played that on Wii U, I do want to have stuff I'll want to play all the time like Splatoon, Mario Kart, Fifa etc digitally but single player stuff I'll probably get on cartridge. It's just a shame to go to smaller memory cards after having my giant external hard drive attacked to the Wuu.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Fun Times! posted:

I appreciate Skyrim at 720 30fps in handheld mode but if it's not 1080 undocked I'll probably skip it. Not holding my breath for 60fps though.

Uh you do know the screen on the switch is only 720p anyway right?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
My favorite part of Skyrim was when the physics engine had a seizure before I capped frames to 60.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, to be fair, I look for obscure poo poo. Prime failed me for launch day delivery on a particular game (I forget what now) and I said never again.
Also, they don't offer Instant video here, so gently caress em.

Oh yeah, bunch of stuff still sucks

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Fun Times! posted:

I appreciate Skyrim at 720 30fps in handheld mode but if it's not 1080 undocked I'll probably skip it. Not holding my breath for 60fps though.

i'm super impressed that it isn't running at ten frames per second at 480p considering the developer

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

$20 USD.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

God drat DLC.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Give me Rabbid Bowser.

E: Went to local game store today, no switch games.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

At least it's not locked behind amiibos

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

gently caress off with that

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hi guys welcome to 2017.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

"a new unexpected story content"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll only buy that DLC if it adds Wario and Waluigi.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

:ubisoft:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Norns posted:

At least it's not locked behind amiibos

The only real problem with amiibo is their scarcity.

I guess if you need to scan a bunch while on the go it does detract from the portability of Switch, too.

I'd prefer all amiibo stuff to be both on amiibo and purchasable DLC

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

"a new unexpected story content"

Rabbids Kingdom gets invaded by aliens, founds Xcom.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I prefer to be on amiibo too cuz I could just use an NFC tag...

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This makes me want to hold off on playing the game until after all of the DLC is out. With a game as short as this appears to be, I feel like getting back into it for DLC will be rough even if it is good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Phantasium posted:

Can't wait for capturing poo poo like Toads, Birdo, Rabbids and dissecting them for 10% damage.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mario, you may want to exercise restraint when using bomb-ombs.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Instabuy

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Luigi panicks for the fifth time, drops his gun, and primes a grenade while the chryssalid version in mario walks up and eats him

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

get this completely unexpected story content by purchasing your pass that guarantees you this expected story content.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Dizz posted:

Luigi panicks for the fifth time, drops his gun, and primes a grenade while the chryssalid version in mario walks up and eats him

Daisy is volunteered for the mechanical augmentation program and becomes a terrifying avatar of destruction with flamethrowers for hands

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

is it pronounced bomb ommz or buhbombs like in the scott pilgrim movie

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMfcxeJd_w

Voez is getting an update tomorrow that adds 12 new songs.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Phantasium posted:

It's actually the Rayman Kingdom getting invaded by Warios.

Fathoms of TIny Warios.

DLC 2018: The Search For Rayman.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Called it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

rats, i owe you money

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

DalaranJ posted:

Called it.

What that a game in 2017 will have DLC?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

Daisy is volunteered for the mechanical augmentation program and becomes a terrifying avatar of destruction with flamethrowers for hands

Daisy won't be in the game but Rabbid Daisy will.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKMfcxeJd_w

Voez is getting an update tomorrow that adds 12 new songs.

:toot: What is that, like 30 free songs they added now? Considering the size of the starting setlist, that was definitely $25 well spent.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

well poo poo, guess I have to get rocket league on the switch now

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Wait no obviously Daisy is a hybrid with thermoptic camoflauge that's why you never see her.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Wait no obviously Daisy is a hybrid with thermoptic camoflauge that's why you never see her.

I see her every time I close my eyes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Question, Is Fate Extella any good, or is it mostly good as an anime girl delivery system, and if it's actually good on its own merits are the levels of anime girl high enough that I'd be embarrassed to play the game on an actual TV while my wife is home?

Because the results of every search I've done for information on this game have been extremely anime-girl-heavy, let me tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Just wait two months for fe warriors, it's a better musou game with moderately more acceptable anime

• Locked thread