Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah 16 hours is long enough

I'd much rather play a 16-hour game that's good then a 40-hour game full of bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I think people would've said Rabbids was short if it just wasn't the kind of infinitely replayable thing that XCOM is because the 2 have been compared so much.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
It's 4 worlds with 10 stages (dunno if this means battles, puzzles, or what) including midboss and boss and an internal marketing power point said 20 hours

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its not comparable to xcom in length because its all handmade no proc gen

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

That's a real shame.:(

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The matter sword doesn't break, it goes dormant and recharges it's energy after five minutes. Powering it up through the dlc challenge doesn't give it infinite durability, but does greatly increase its durability and damage

That increased durability will mean you'll lose track of it easier, so now when it breaks/goes dormant/ becomes unusable at the worst possible moment, you won't even be expecting it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JackDarko posted:

I heard something like 16 hours, which isn't short to me.

compared to zelda and Splatoon tho

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GreatGreen posted:

That increased durability will mean you'll lose track of it easier, so now when it breaks/goes dormant/ becomes unusable at the worst possible moment, you won't even be expecting it.

Funny. Weapons breaking actually created some of my best moments in Zelda

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

GreatGreen posted:

CLICK HERE to see ONE TRICK a CROSSDRESSING WARRIOR found to USE HIS SWORD FOREVER! DEKU TREES HATE HIM

Step 1: stop using it when it says it's almost out of power
Step 2: plug it back into the pedastal and warp to a sword trial, then leave
Step 3: use your sword until step 1 again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Alternatively just use a different weapon while it's recharging

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Real hurthling! posted:

And thank gently caress for that

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

GreatGreen posted:

Zelda's Master Sword is still breakable even after the DLC.

The real troll here is that it's LINK's sword, not Zelda's.. nice try you can't trick me

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

CLICK HERE to see ONE TRICK a CROSSDRESSING WARRIOR found to USE HIS SWORD FOREVER! DEKU TREES HATE HIM

Step 1: stop using it when it says it's almost out of power
Step 2: plug it back into the pedastal and warp to a sword trial, then leave
Step 3: use your sword until step 1 again

or just use one of the dozen other high end swords you inevitably have at this point.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Eagle posted:

Alternatively just use a different weapon while it's recharging

what the gently caress

my inventory has six deku leaves and an oar with blank spots in case i need something specific later on

this is bullshit

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
haha 'proc gen'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeANMcBAY posted:

That's a real shame.:(

No it's not

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Procedural generation is a black plague on video games

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Macaluso posted:

It's pretty cool in Dirt 4.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

it makes Diablo 3 real fun to play

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Lakbay posted:

It's 4 worlds with 10 stages (dunno if this means battles, puzzles, or what) including midboss and boss and an internal marketing power point said 20 hours

The puzzle portions don't seem to be a part of the 'levels', but the 20 hours figure is for the entire story campaign, not including the optional content. There appear to be 18 coop levels so far, I haven't seen anything else about single player challenges outside of the story campaign.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a messed up horse posted:

it makes Diablo 3 real fun to play

It's also cool in X-com

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Maybe don't play bad games with procedural generation

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
I will be in California in three weeks - how is the Switch stock situation on US retailers like GameStop or even Wal-Mart? Can I just go to one and pick up a Switch easily, or is it still a wild goose chase?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I will be in California in three weeks - how is the Switch stock situation on US retailers like GameStop or even Wal-Mart? Can I just go to one and pick up a Switch easily, or is it still a wild goose chase?

Use http://www.istocknow.com/product/switch and call stores to see if they have them in stock. I picked one up at a Los Angeles Target the same morning I decided I wanted one that day but maybe I just got lucky

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Snes classic preorder bundle is back on amazon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Norns posted:

Yeah 16 hours is long enough

I'd much rather play a 16-hour game that's good then a 40-hour game full of bullshit

The Disgaea overlords are displeased with you

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Snes classic preorder bundle is back on amazon

I could make lasagna and mow my lawn, but what am i gonna do with a SNES mini???

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lola pop...what the hell

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Anyone else gonna Pokken it up tonight?!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No I'm waiting a week and getting Mario xcom

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Norns posted:

No I'm waiting a week and getting Mario xcom

only the demo comes out tonight

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh cool. I didn't know there was a demo. Gonna break in my new 8bitdo controller tonight. :cool:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh cool. I didn't know there was a demo. Gonna break in my new 8bitdo controller tonight. :cool:

The demo is out tomorrow 9PST. You can download and play it in English now though if you grab it on the Japanese store.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

its out already?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'd be cautious about what to expect from the demo. Pokken is a cool/good/fun fighting game, but the demo on the Wii U was very barebones. It only had the tutorial, fight against CPUs (I think?), and a handful of playable characters with 1 or 2 assist sets. And we don't know anything about what the new demo will have. While I'd like to hope it'd have A. some of the new content and B. more features, I'm keeping my expectations low based on that history.

Edit: Oh okay, didn't know it's already up. Details are out now. It has only 3 characters (Pikachu, Charizard, Empoleon), 2 assist sets and it seems to have a Player vs Player mode, though no word if that's online or local. Has practice mode but no word if that's the tutorial or includes training mode. Still pretty lame

Edit: oh, no practice mode at all, just tutorial screens and tutorial pop up when you start, bleh

Ventana fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 24, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ventana posted:

I'd be cautious about what to expect from the demo. Pokken is a cool/good/fun fighting game, but the demo on the Wii U was very barebones. It only had the tutorial, fight against CPUs (I think?), and a handful of playable characters with 1 or 2 assist sets. And we don't know anything about what the new demo will have. While I'd like to hope it'd have A. some of the new content and B. more features, I'm keeping my expectations low based on that history.

GameXplain just put a video of the demo up. It has Charizard, Pikachu and newcomer Empoleon playable. Like I said, you get the demo now from the JP eShop.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oh poo poo! What a good way to break in my bedside Switch mount!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

The demo is out tomorrow 9PST. You can download and play it in English now though if you grab it on the Japanese store.

It's actually tonight at 9pst 12est

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Yeah it looks like the pokken demo, once again, is barely anything in it at all. If you've never played Pokken before, use it to get a sort of idea of what the general mechanics are like but expect not to see much of the other characters.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

wuggles posted:

Oh poo poo! What a good way to break in my bedside Switch mount!

Please link me to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKCXs2eLJ9I

• Locked thread