Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Harlock posted:

My Curse of the Moon quick take after finishing the game: the girl is the best character by far. The default dude isn't worth your time once you get your allies.

Hopefully that means good things for the full Bloodstained game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Nintendo Switch

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Echophonic posted:

gently caress, I didn't know this was a thing I wanted.

with the original english voice actor cast

non-stop puns and pop culture references

and it's so much better because pop culture has gotten so much worse since the series came out

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Anyone's Joycons start acting g up? My left analog stick started moving by itself sometimes. I think I read about that being a problem sometimes.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

E2M2 posted:

Anyone's Joycons start acting g up? My left analog stick started moving by itself sometimes. I think I read about that being a problem sometimes.

Try updating the software?

I have one right joycon that occasionally has signal issues (it's from the splatoon colors set) but I find just moving the dock's position slightly clears it up.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Next week is that cool looking Yooka’s Island Express (pinball platformer), Moonlighter (but not on Switch till q3) and a fuckton other games, if memory serves...
[Ed]

West of Loathing, Smoke & Sacrifice...

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So FYI, the remaster of Dark Souls is getting absolutely poo poo on. It's apparently a very lovely low effort attempt to extort money from gamers, when it probably should have been a free patch updating the original title. I'm sure the Switch version will be absolutely mediocre.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

The Switch seems really sensitive to wireless interference, I was having awful trouble with my controls goofing up constantly until I unplugged our wireless lightbulb hub thingie.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you can't "free patch" a game to new platforms.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Motto posted:

you can't "free patch" a game to new platforms.

It's not on the Switch, it's still an afterthought without a release date. So the complaints for it being a free patch exist, you know, on other platforms, where it currently exists.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

XyrlocShammypants posted:

So FYI, the remaster of Dark Souls is getting absolutely poo poo on. It's apparently a very lovely low effort attempt to extort money from gamers, when it probably should have been a free patch updating the original title. I'm sure the Switch version will be absolutely mediocre.

i can't really find anything more critical than "this is pretty expensive for what it is". by and large reviews seem to be upper-average?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's not on the Switch, it's still an afterthought without a release date. So the complaints for it being a free patch exist, you know, on other platforms, where it currently exists.

The handling of "remasters"on PC sucks but I dunno how that's relevant to consoles.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc guys are mad about a port? Amazing!

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Motto posted:

The handling of "remasters"on PC sucks but I dunno how that's relevant to consoles.

Bad business practices are bad business practices. Again, my prediction is that if it's not good on say PC as a remaster, it probably won't be well done on Switch. We'll see.

Funny how we're acting like there hasn't been a relationship between quality of a title on PC or elsewhere and then on Switch.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m not seeing anything like this. The consensus seems to be that it’s just a safe unexciting remaster with some subtle QOL changes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I saw that Bamco hosed with the lighting and textures from various comparison shots but that's about it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This both isn't true and is also completely irrelevant for the Switch version.

Nerds are just nerd-raging as they do. The Remaster is good :)

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m not seeing anything like this. The consensus seems to be that it’s just a safe unexciting remaster with some subtle QOL changes.
Basically this, yeah. It's literally just Dark Souls 1 but with modern resolution support and 60 fps, with some QOL changes from the later games (like being able to rebind buttons). That's literally all it is.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Dark Souls isn't available on Ps4 or Switch currently.

Dark Souls on the go is why Switch owners want the Remaster. Hell, I do too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad business practices are bad business practices. Again, my prediction is that if it's not good on say PC as a remaster, it probably won't be well done on Switch. We'll see.

Funny how we're acting like there hasn't been a relationship between quality of a title on PC or elsewhere and then on Switch.

There have been multiple cases where otherwise-good games have gotten bad PC ports, the PC version should never be used as the standard.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mokinokaro posted:

Try updating the software?

I have one right joycon that occasionally has signal issues (it's from the splatoon colors set) but I find just moving the dock's position slightly clears it up.

Nah I have the same drift issue even when playing in handheld I think it's a stick thing . Kind of annoying & I got it used so no warranty but I figure if it ever gets worse it couldn't be too hard to open up and fix, maybe I'll replace the d-pad while I'm at it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Basically this, yeah. It's literally just Dark Souls 1 but with modern resolution support and 60 fps, with some QOL changes from the later games (like being able to rebind buttons). That's literally all it is.

Also with summoning passwords (good, no complaint) and the retarded invasion changes from DS3 (bad)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There have been multiple cases where otherwise-good games have gotten bad PC ports, the PC version should never be used as the standard.

Like Dark Souls :v: I think a lot of people are forgetting what a trainwreck the Dark Souls PC port actually was, so it's nice to finally get a proper PC version that runs great at 60 fps with support for different resolutions. :shobon:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta1A9-FFqdM

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Do you have any links or anything because a cursory google search doesn't really show that it's getting shat on

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i bet there are some hot takes on reddit

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

i bet there are some hot takes on reddit

Oh definitely but if I wanted to read hot takes from extremely online people i... shouldn't want that ever

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

goferchan posted:

Nah I have the same drift issue even when playing in handheld I think it's a stick thing . Kind of annoying & I got it used so no warranty but I figure if it ever gets worse it couldn't be too hard to open up and fix, maybe I'll replace the d-pad while I'm at it

Yea thankfully I had the original grey Joycons so I can just get these fixed I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have it on the PS4 and it's Dark Souls with higher res, higher res textures, and a high and stable frame rate. Oh and you can resize the UI if you want. I'm happy to have all the Dark Souls games on one platform finally (but not Demon's yet...)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I mean there is concern for the Switch version considering it was delayed at pretty much the last moment. I’m fine with 30fps but I hope it’s a stable 30fps, especially in Blighttown.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I have it on the PS4 and it's Dark Souls with higher res, higher res textures, and a high and stable frame rate. Oh and you can resize the UI if you want. I'm happy to have all the Dark Souls games on one platform finally (but not Demon's yet...)

Yeah the only complaints I've read are from the XBone versions where it consistently will drop to 30 FPS due to the lack of dynamic resolution scaling.

PS4 version runs great on both systems and, while it could be argued it should've been a patch, the PC finally has a good port of the game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

I mean there is concern for the Switch version considering it was delayed at pretty much the last moment. I’m fine with 30fps but I hope it’s a stable 30fps, especially in Blighttown.

I watched someone play through Blighttown for like 20 minutes at PAX and it looked completely stable. The 100% full version of the Switch game was on display there and nobody had anything bad to say about it, BUT it was offline , so I'm guessing it's some performance/network issues related to multiplayer behind the delay.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

From what I heard they licked whatever fundamental issue made BT run so much slower than the rest of the game.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Zelder posted:

Oh definitely but if I wanted to read hot takes from extremely online people i... shouldn't want that ever

hot takes update: i did a cursory glance of the dark souls reddit and they seem to be generally digging it, so i don't know what shammypants is talking about

hotter takes update: oh wait, maybe the pc version is bad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

goferchan posted:

I watched someone play through Blighttown for like 20 minutes at PAX and it looked completely stable. The 100% full version of the Switch game was on display there and nobody had anything bad to say about it, BUT it was offline , so I'm guessing it's some performance/network issues related to multiplayer behind the delay.

That’s good to hear. Having Dark Souls portably will own.

They’re still supposed to do a demo test for it before it comes out on Switch.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also hopefully it means lots of new people experiencing the early game for the first time which is always good.

edit: I remembered the early game well enough to run straight to Sen's fortress without stopping, even having not played it in several years. I want to live vicariously through other people experiencing it for the first time.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 25, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Zelder posted:

hot takes update: i did a cursory glance of the dark souls reddit and they seem to be generally digging it, so i don't know what shammypants is talking about

Looking at the history, he's Hot Takes: the Goon

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zelder posted:

I think PC players are angry that they're being asked to buy the game again for something that's just a graphical upgrade.

I doubt anyone's really angry about them just porting it to PS4/Xbone/eventually Switch, though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Decided to change up my flow and I swapped my red neon out for my green Spla2n one.

Neon blue and Spla2n green really work together.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Harrow posted:

I think PC players are angry that they're being asked to buy the game again for something that's just a graphical upgrade.

I doubt anyone's really angry about them just porting it to PS4/Xbone/eventually Switch, though.

i feel like pc gamers are always angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zelder posted:

i feel like pc gamers are always angry

Well you're not wrong

• Locked thread