Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

is Zelda the only Switch game that eclipses more than like 2 or 3 gigs so far? Seems all the games I get like ARMS, Bomberman, etc. are around just 2gigs.

Splatoon 2 is 5.5 gigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bongo Bill posted:

Wargroove status: I still want to play it

Same but Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

Wargroove looks super good and I'm also watching Tiny Metal with great interest
https://twitter.com/NinSwitchNews/status/902207251913482240

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Manky posted:

...this is good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

How do you think the Mario + Rabbids cart will taste?

Sources are saying it's a bit gamy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

The Bloop posted:

Same but Project H.A.M.M.E.R.

Heat
All
Meat
Make
Everyone
Ramen

It was a cooking game the whole time

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

can't wait to sell Toad body parts on the mushroom kingdom black market tomorrow y'all

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TheHoosier posted:

can't wait to sell Toad body parts on the mushroom kingdom black market tomorrow y'all

I made that joke already!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Welp, I didn't have much interest in Mario XCOM, but that intro movie piqued my interest hard. Then I showed it to my husband and he was interested in it, as long as it got decent reviews. He likes XCOM, you see. Well... looks like it did so I guess I'm getting it tomorrow!

Bongo Bill posted:

Heck, same. I want to field that squadron of flying witches I saw back in the reveal trailer!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got bored of Splatoon 2 and sold it (physical copy superiority), what game should I get with the cash that isn't Mario + Rabbids?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Frankston posted:

I got bored of Splatoon 2 and sold it (physical copy superiority), what game should I get with the cash that isn't Mario + Rabbids?

A new brain

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/LuigiOdyssey/status/902237227715059712

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Silver Falcon posted:

Welp, I didn't have much interest in Mario XCOM, but that intro movie piqued my interest hard. Then I showed it to my husband and he was interested in it, as long as it got decent reviews. He likes XCOM, you see. Well... looks like it did so I guess I'm getting it tomorrow!

I hear it has a robust co-op mode. Have fun!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Safe to say this is GOTY.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Do any of the reviews so far talk about co-op? I'm interested to know exactly how it works.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

This girl wants to gently caress Luigi.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This girl wants to gently caress Luigi.

Do you not?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hear it has a robust co-op mode. Have fun!

Wait, what? It does?! Why didn't anybody tell me! How's it work? Can you play the main game co-op or something?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Little Mac posted:

Do any of the reviews so far talk about co-op? I'm interested to know exactly how it works.

When you complete a world you unlock 4 co-op stages for it that can be accessed from the hub. Like the main game they each feature different objectives. There are multiple difficulty levels selectable for each stage.

Each of the two players uses a single joycon, which I understand is slightly awkward because of some missing buttons. Each player can choose any two characters to use as long as all four are unique. Just like the main game all 12 of your actions can be taken in any order per turn, there is a single button dedicated to passing control to the other player.

It appears that the weapons and skills available are based on the main save file coop is run from with no per World restrictions. (By contrast the 'time machine' for replaying single player levels restricts you to items available in that world.)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do you not?

Luigi is celibate.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GoldfishStew posted:

New conkers bad fur day written by Anthony Burch

fixed, only because i'd love to see that pathetic, sad little man gently caress up conker

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

DalaranJ posted:

When you complete a world you unlock 4 co-op stages for it that can be accessed from the hub. Like the main game they each feature different objectives. There are multiple difficulty levels selectable for each stage.

Each of the two players uses a single joycon, which I understand is slightly awkward because of some missing buttons. Each player can choose any two characters to use as long as all four are unique. Just like the main game all 12 of your actions can be taken in any order per turn, there is a single button dedicated to passing control to the other player.

It appears that the weapons and skills available are based on the main save file coop is run from with no per World restrictions. (By contrast the 'time machine' for replaying single player levels restricts you to items available in that world.)

If those levels are couch co-op only, is there any differentiation between that mode and going through the single-player campaign and pass-and-play "I'll control these characters and you control those characters;" i.e., are there any unique co-op mechanics?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

spit on my clit posted:

fixed, only because i'd love to see that pathetic, sad little man gently caress up conker

Take THAT Anthony Burch!!!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Macaluso posted:

Take THAT Anthony Burch!!!

more like cucker, ahuhuhuhuhuhuh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In a turn based game what is the functional difference between single player and co-op?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Al Borland Corp. posted:

In a turn based game what is the functional difference between single player and co-op?

Well, in a turn-based game like Pit People which should be on the Switch, co-op has both player's teams move on their turn. in single player, you only have your team, and I think there's less enemies

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I think the regular campaign uses three characters where the co-op has two per player so there's that. I guess there's nothing stopping you from taking turns with the controller during the campaign if that's what you want to do.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 28, 2017

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Dizz posted:

I made that joke already!

and a fine joke it is! bully to you sir now let's shoot googly-eyed rabbit aliens in the face

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OCTOPATH TRAVELER WHEN WHAT

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Fingers crossed this game appears on the ESHOP at Midnight ET. If Ubisoft releases DLC with Wario and Waluigi as playable characters they're taking all my money.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JackDarko posted:

Fingers crossed this game appears on the ESHOP at Midnight ET. If Ubisoft releases DLC with Wario and Waluigi as playable characters they're taking all my money.

New Mario and Rabbids DLC: Rabbid Wario and Waluigi! Instead of saying "WAAAAAH", they say "DAAAAAAAH!"

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

spit on my clit posted:

New Mario and Rabbids DLC: Rabbid Wario and Waluigi! Instead of saying "WAAAAAH", they say "DAAAAAAAH!"

gently caress, I didn't even think about Ubisoft also giving us Rabbid versions! Why do I want that?!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

spit on my clit posted:

Daahluigi, number one!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Can the Mario XCOM game just go ahead and go up on the eshop early please so I have something to play since all my friends have been sucked into the black hole of despair that is PUBG

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Shantae character DLC is out tomorrow

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I know it's been recommended already but Slime-san is a fun little platformer. Haven't actually played Meat Boy so I couldn't compare the two personally but the similarities are obvious. Only minor nitpick is that I'm gonna need glasses by the time I've finished, poo poo is small!!!! There's a zoom in button at least

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Bill Barber posted:

Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball was the last good baseball game.

There needs to be more arcade style baseball games available.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

What about Super Baseball 2020?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNyOQj02_Mw

That should show up soon I would hope.

These are awfully strange ways to spell "Baseball Simulator 1.000" (with powerups enabled, natch)
Or if we're talking strictly SNES, "Extra Innings"

What I'm trying to say is that we need to bring back powerups in baseball games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Manky posted:

Golden Goat posted:

...this is good.

The art style looks crap to me. Having little chibi dudes works great in sprite art, but as little CG models it just looks kinda plain and bare.

Way more interested in that fantasy switch advance wars game rather than this one.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

raditts posted:

These are awfully strange ways to spell "Baseball Simulator 1.000" (with powerups enabled, natch)
Or if we're talking strictly SNES, "Extra Innings"

What I'm trying to say is that we need to bring back powerups in baseball games.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Macaluso posted:

Can the Mario XCOM game just go ahead and go up on the eshop early please so I have something to play since all my friends have been sucked into the black hole of despair that is PUBG

Even my "Terraria all day, every day" buddy caved in and is just playing PUBG now :smith:

• Locked thread