Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Kaewan posted:

Just got a switch with Zelda, MK8 and Splatoons 2 last week. I haven't played anything other than Zelda yet.

This is expected behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I'm saving Zelda until I've got a 14 hour flight. Well over a month from now.

I know if I start now I won't put it down and have nothing for the flight.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Grey Fox posted:

Mario comes out in October! Also sport ball games

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Grey Fox posted:

Mario will be out then, go ahead and play Zelda

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Grey Fox posted:

Also lol if you think you'll be anywhere close to fine with Zelda "well over a month from now". It's a lot of game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NBA 2k18 will need a microSD card to play all its modes apparently because they can't fit everything on the game card and will have to download the rest as an install.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

njsykora posted:

NBA 2k18 will need a microSD card to play all its modes apparently because they can't fit everything on the game card and will have to download the rest as an install.

Would rather have this than have features cut off for us simple Switch-havers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder if it would be more cost-effective for the consumer to go back to SNES-style premium pricing for larger cartridges

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Would rather have this than have features cut off for us simple Switch-havers.

Would rather the publisher eat the cost for larger carts

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's not out of the ordinary to offer higher capacity game cartridges. Sony had varying levels of space on Vita game cards but as far as I'm aware the price was generally offloaded onto the publisher so it meant lesser print runs. Some games ended up coming out on 2 cartridges! I would imagine Nintendo would have something like this for the Switch?

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Would rather the publisher eat the cost for larger carts

Would rather that all of humanity could enjoy the best game console out there provided direct to every household by a revolutionary world state following the abolition of capitalism

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Would rather that all of humanity could enjoy the best game console out there provided direct to every household by a revolutionary world state following the abolition of capitalism

Just forfeited your username there bub

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you absolutely have to have everything Nintendo branded...

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-western-digiital-switch-sandisk/

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Mario comes out in October! Also sport ball games
Mario won't be out in time :(

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also lol if you think you'll be anywhere close to fine with Zelda "well over a month from now". It's a lot of game.
I figure I'll be less inclined to play it for 14 straight hours if I've had it that long.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Anyone bitching about Splatfests is a bad person with bad opinions who hates fun.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Gaffle posted:

You should enjoy your vacation, then learn the game on normal and start with the datastore stage (orange guy).

Hard mode is kind of a novelty. Once you know the game it's easier than normal in some ways since you have more power and earn more kudos. My best score on the intro stage is 500k but on hard i got 1.5 million.

Wanted to come back and say thanks for this advice, the game is a lot more fun now that I can actually beat a level!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

If you absolutely have to have everything Nintendo branded...

http://wccftech.com/nintendo-western-digiital-switch-sandisk/

That's not really a bad thing. One of the most-often asked questions in this and the 3DS thread has been "will this SD card work in my console?" Something branded like that is a nice easy indication that it will.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While out to sea, a large boat became shipwrecked and there was only a single survivor. This man prayed and asked Nintendo to make good Switch games. Soon thereafter, another boat came by and offered the man to play some ARMS.

“No thanks,” he said. “I’m waiting for Nintendo to send me some good Switch games.”

The men on the boat shrugged their shoulders and continued. As the man became more deeply concerned, another boat came by. Again, the people aboard offered this man Splatoon 2, and again he politely declined. “I’m waiting for Nintendo to send some some good Switch games,” he said again.

After some time, the man began to lose his faith, and soon after that he died. Upon reaching Heaven, he had a chance to speak with Satoru Iwata briefly.

“Why did you let me down? Why didn’t Nintendo make good Switch games?”

“Dummy, they sent you ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Oddysey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Stardew in 2017 alone!”

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Why will FE Warriors be good when Dynasty Warriors sucks?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Detective No. 27 posted:

While out to sea, a large boat became shipwrecked and there was only a single survivor. This man prayed and asked Nintendo to make good Switch games. Soon thereafter, another boat came by and offered the man to play some ARMS.

“No thanks,” he said. “I’m waiting for Nintendo to send me some good Switch games.”

The men on the boat shrugged their shoulders and continued. As the man became more deeply concerned, another boat came by. Again, the people aboard offered this man Splatoon 2, and again he politely declined. “I’m waiting for Nintendo to send some some good Switch games,” he said again.

After some time, the man began to lose his faith, and soon after that he died. Upon reaching Heaven, he had a chance to speak with Satoru Iwata briefly.

“Why did you let me down? Why didn’t Nintendo make good Switch games?”

“Dummy, they sent you ARMS, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Oddysey, Fire Emblem Warriors and Stardew in 2017 alone!”

:same: Minus Arms and splatoon 2

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

FE Warriors will be amazing if you like dynasty warrior games but it's not gonna reach full potential until they drop the Ike Dlc (for like 16 bucks most likely)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Fun Times! posted:

People said this before Hyrule Warriors dropped too

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
HW ruled because Nintendo went or allowed the developer to go hogwild and they cranked the silliness setting up to 11 with the characters and weapons and plot and game modes and oh god the wonderful music
Hopefully Fe Warriors delivers

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

People said this before Hyrule Warriors dropped too

Then they found out they liked Warriors games, just not Dynasty Warriors.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

LethalGeek posted:

Anyone bitching about Splatfests is a bad person with bad opinions who hates fun.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

HYRULE WARRIORS DX WHEN

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Fun Times! posted:

because the Dynasty Warriors where you play as Lu Bu is the best and you will probably be able to play as Donnel in FE Warriors

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Will FEH be good for someone who has zero experience with Fire Emblem

Last musou I played was Dynasty Warriors 4

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i liked hyrule warriors a lot but then the more i played it the more i started having problems with it

individually levelling up every character took a very long time

bosses where you could only hurt them at specific opportunities dragged the game down a lot (looking at you, imprisoned)

the adventure maps had some stages of just absolutely ball crushing difficulty

honestly that second point is what i had the most issue with. i think i saw fire emblem still has that guard crush thing where you have to deplete an officers meter to do a strong attack against them and ughhhhh just let me hit bosses in this warriors game

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 3, 2017

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Zelder posted:

FE Warriors will be amazing if you like dynasty warrior games but it's not gonna reach full potential until they drop the Ike Dlc (for like 16 bucks most likely)

I'm absolutely expecting them to release at least 4 dlcs packs with each one focusing on a different older game. I hope they don't skimp, Hyrule Warriors had way better value for it's dlc than I expect from any game.

I'm kind of glad I skipped ARMS, but Splatoon 2 is really good. I just don't want to play it as much as the game wants me to play it :kiddo:

^^edit: Yeah Hyrule Warriors' giant bosses sucked, but I don't think FE Warriors will have those. Maybe an evil dragon for the final boss or something but that's about all I can think of.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 3, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Will FEH be good for someone who has zero experience with Fire Emblem

Last musou I played was Dynasty Warriors 4

The only musuo I've played is Hyrule Warriors, and a big part of the appeal was how the game was a love letter to Zelda. The characters, weapons, movesets, music, everything drew from the series in a fun and playful way. I wouldn't buy it if you aren't a fan of Fire Emblem, I don't think the core gameplay is compelling enough on its own.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fun Times! posted:

Because DW doesn't suck

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ill purchase it

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

bowmore posted:

Mario will be out then, go ahead and play Zelda

Plus it's like a 60 hour game if you go in blind and aim to do all the shrines. It took me like 100+ hours and about 3 months. It might be 14 hours if you just go straight for the dungeons but, it's like, there's so much more to the game, why would you unless you were explicitly doing a challenge run?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

the best dynasty warriors is dragon quest heroes

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Generally speaking, consoles do not have a good launch year. The Switch's has been a very amazing outlier. You get whatever was made specifically for the launch window, then you're stuck waiting a year for everyone else who got their hands on a dev kit and started putting something together with it post-launch.

Yeah it's more likely to have a weak second year due to being so front-loaded.

I'd probably buy Hyrule Warriors again if the DLC is included and the performance is shored up. I don't generally like musou games but that one was an exception.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Mushroom kingdom warriors when, Nintendo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

baram. posted:

Meh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

baram. posted:

It's good, but the tower defending gets annoying.

• Locked thread