Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

LethalGeek posted:

I still love how much everyone was WOO SKYRIM until Zelda came out and now it's status has dropped off dramatically.

To be fair this applies to every video game ever released recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I will buy Skyrim

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

a.lo posted:

I will buy Skyrim

:oh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Calaveron posted:

To be fair this applies to every video game ever released recently

Skyward Sword was better too.:smug:

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Counterpoint, Skyrim is a terrible game with a garbage story and boring combat and the only reason to own it is to slap a bunch of silly mods on it. If you want it just grab the original version on PC. It's dirt cheap and you could probably run it on a rock with some copper wire wrapped around it at this point.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Please stop posting about Skyrim, a crappy 11 year old game in the Switch thread okay thanks bye.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

But it's Perfect For The Switch

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Policenaut posted:

But it's Perfect For The Switch
It's actually terrible for the Switch since the only way to make it an even remotely enjoyable game is to slap a billion different goofy mods on top of it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can not relate to this child at all

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

:great:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

It's actually terrible for the Switch since the only way to make it an even remotely enjoyable game is to slap a billion different goofy mods on top of it.

Yeah but Zelda items

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm actually too cool for school

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey have you guys played Mario But XCOM Plus Rabbids?

It's pretty great. At the first boss battle now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also :laffo: at Mario's first appearance on the Switch being in a Rabbids tie-in game by Ubisoft

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Also :laffo: at Mario's first appearance on the Switch being in a Rabbids tie-in game by Ubisoft

Mario Kart?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Ekoro from Gal Gun is in as many games on Switch as Mario is

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 4, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

It's really good though. Think of this as a warm up for the real adventure we go on next month

The rabbids game is more legit to me as a first appearance on the console than NSMBU was

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah Mario Rabbids is legit good and fits whatever definition of worthy you have
It's pretty, creative, fun, has a really goofy tone that fits perfectly with the good Mario games and holy hell the music

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

a.lo posted:

I will buy Skyrim
...................../

you're supposed to use your money to help your parents not buy ports of bad games

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
NSMBU was an honestly good game though. It probably helps that I skipped NSMB, but I hear it was way better than the wii game too.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Sprite141 posted:

NSMBU was an honestly good game though. It probably helps that I skipped NSMB, but I hear it was way better than the wii game too.

It was good but it was just, a mario platformer whose only notable thing was being HD

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It also had a really good, oft ignored challenge mode

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

Mario Kart?

IGNORE ME

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

We are in the blessed stretch of time when a Nintendo console's premier platformer is a Sonic game and the only Mario games are spinoffs

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hey wait a sec Skyrim is only six years old you turkeys

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It also had a really good, oft ignored challenge mode

Yeah, the challenge mode is awesome. Everyone needs to look up the developer speedruns for it.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We are in the blessed stretch of time when a Nintendo console's premier platformer is a Sonic game and the only Mario games are spinoffs
Rayman comes out in like a week.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Someone should buy unyeah as an emote thx

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Modus Pwnens posted:

Someone should buy unyeah as an emote thx
:oh:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Puyo vs Tetris is seriously infuriating. For anyone who can't instantly place all blocks by feel and arrange perfect T-spins every time, anyone even moderately experienced on the Puyo side can dump garbage on you so fast that you're guaranteed to lose.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Calaveron posted:

Yeah Mario Rabbids is legit good and fits whatever definition of worthy you have
It's pretty, creative, fun, has a really goofy tone that fits perfectly with the good Mario games and holy hell the music

I really like Mario Rabbids - it gives off real Disgaia / Final Fantasy Tactics vibes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DLC Inc posted:

Skyrim actually looking pretty smooth on Switch. Expected garbage framerate but hey, I guess it's been a few years and they've found ways to improve this rickety poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ySEbEvJn0I

He's playing on an LCD TV, there's no way of knowing if motion interpolation is on. The only way to be sure is to use a capture card and show the direct feed.
I can do the same thing on my brother's LG with BotW.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What will be the next garbage full price release of Skyrim after Skyrim Switch and Skyrim VR?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm probably going to have more fun with Mario xcom than with Odyssey

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I hope Fireaxis see how cool Mario XCOM is and go "Hey here's a port of XCOM 2 for you Switch havers, because XCOM is cool and you deserve to have it. Also here is Civ6 as well, because now you can play in bed and never ever ever ever escape"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Infinitum posted:

I hope Fireaxis see how cool Mario XCOM is and go "Hey here's a port of XCOM 2 for you Switch havers, because XCOM is cool and you deserve to have it. Also here is Civ6 as well, because now you can play in bed and never ever ever ever escape"

With our luck, it would just be CivRev 2. Or maybe 3, but it would still be using a square grid. :effort:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

skyrim is good actually

not going to buy it on the switch though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

Meh. Maybe if they also put Mario in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Stardewsoon?

• Locked thread