Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First 6 month sales in Japan - Switch Vs PS4

At 26 weeks the Switch has sold 1.52 Million units
At 26 weeks the PS4 has sold less than half that amount
It took the PS4 69 (tee hee) weeks to sell the same amount

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

That's because the switch is nice.

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show was pretty clear on Mario's profession

Former professional wrestler?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Secret of Mana Remake confirms only thing I give a poo poo about, the ring system is still in :slick:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ugh, it's got that same ugly low poly style that Adventures of Mana did.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Footage! I know it's not confirmed for Switch, but they just released the Mana collection a little while ago.. so I don't doubt it'll hit eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujF9CZJyshQ

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looks okay but I hope you can turn off the voice acting. It would be cool if Adventures of Mana got a Switch port. I don't want to play that on my phone.:argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Double Dragon II was cool at the time because of coop. I was never a huge fan though since I didn't get into beat em ups until Streets of Rage 1 and 2 which are much much better.

A and B being set to left/right attack was neat as a concept and goddamn infuriating any time I'd try to play the game after playing something else.

Thankfully my brother and I had a NES Advantage and ASCII Pads, so we'd just us turbo settings to super knee everything to death. :buddy:

Internet Kraken posted:

Honestly I don't think most of the XCX cast was bad, just mediocre. Most of them probably could of been fine characters if the game fleshed them out more. But you know, its hard to do that when you have over 20 loving characters and the game is forcing you to use 2 of them in every story mission. Also in the worst decision you could possibly make for an RPG with a huge cast of party members, inactive members do not gain exp. So the result is you'll use Lin and Elma along with a handful of other members while ignoring everyone else. Unless you're willing to grind a ton there's no way to keep everyone up to speed.

That 20 includes a bunch of DLC characters that were added to the US version by default. Which was both cool and annoying because some of those characters have potentially useful things gated behind affinity. And apparently when you beat the game you unlock the DLC(?) quests that let you supercharge affinity and max out a character in an hour or so instead of dozens of hours. God forbid affinity grind have an easy way out when it'd actually still matter.

I think fighting the World Tyrants also required an item you only got for maxxing affinity with other players you hired in to your team too? IDK, I tried to focus on the story and ignore as much of the random bullshit XCX shoehorned in to the game. Monolith Soft reaaaaally wanted to make it too much like an MMO though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Infinitum posted:

First 6 month sales in Japan - Switch Vs PS4

Out of morbid curiosity, do the same figures exist for the Wii/Wii U?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Infinitum posted:

Footage! I know it's not confirmed for Switch, but they just released the Mana collection a little while ago.. so I don't doubt it'll hit eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujF9CZJyshQ

Maybe my standards are low but I think this looks good. I'm not sure what more polygons or higher resolution textures would add to it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I know nothing about Secret of Mana so I don't care about that remake at all. Everything I've seen of it makes it look like a super generic JRPG in its style. Which might be a disservice to the game, I wouldn't know, but the point is the art isn't doing it any favors.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Looks okay but I hope you can turn off the voice acting. It would be cool if Adventures of Mana got a Switch port. I don't want to play that on my phone.:argh:

If I have to hear them talking and making noise every time I attack that's going to get annoying in a hurry.

e: The 3D remake looks like it's being made for as little money as possible which is a shame but not surprising considering the lazy mobile FF games. :(

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"I know nothing about Secret of Mana"

And now I'm old

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Secret of Mana Remake confirms only thing I give a poo poo about, the ring system is still in :slick:

:barf:

I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage for an SNES classic from an eBay reseller just to play the good version aren't I?

:(

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I used that paypal offer and got £20 top up on switch, any recommendations as to what to do with it or should I just wait for Mario?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Cartoon Man posted:

:barf:

I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage for an SNES classic from an eBay reseller just to play the good version aren't I?

:(

it's okay, the switch version probably won't leave Japan

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
sTaRdEw?

https://twitter.com/farmingsim/status/905732375350521856

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

stardew valley when?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw
Gameplay footage.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who needs Stardew now?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Drink Milk, Love Life ad campaign would be perfect for the Switch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hyped as gently caress for portable FarmSim.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fortunately you can also play it on the Sony Vita

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Fortunately you can also play it on the Sony Vita

Lol if you didn't throw out all your other consoles when you got the switch, God's perfect system, I don't know what to tell you

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Evil Fluffy posted:

The 3D remake looks like it's being made for as little money as possible which is a shame but not surprising considering the lazy mobile FF games. :(

I guess there's not much chance that they're taking this opportunity to finally finish the second half of the game, then :smith:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Zelder posted:

Lol if you didn't throw out all your other consoles when you got the switch, God's perfect system, I don't know what to tell you

I sold my PS4 towards a switch and regret it every day, even though i have a gaming pc

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

I sold my PS4 towards a switch and regret it every day, even though i have a gaming pc

*in extremely 90s voice* smooth move exlax

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/905777178826166274

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

edit: beaten

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's an incredibly random thing to just announce out of the blue.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

StabMasterArson posted:

Should have sold a kidney or somthing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LA Noire and Farming Simulator randomly out of nowhere, that's neat

I wish instead of Double Dragon 4 we got Neon instead which I'd buy immediately

Infinitum posted:

PS4 launch year was extremely dire, system didn't pick up until Destiny, Mordor, and Inquisition came out, even if all 3 were crossplatform.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

njsykora posted:

That's an incredibly random thing to just announce out of the blue.

The real question is how the facial scans jive with the updated graphics. Hopefully they were rendered in obscene detail and scaled down.

The VR cases may not wind up looking good though, as the facial renders were filmed at 30fps.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

LA Noire is basically the opposite of the type of game I'd want to play on Switch. It takes forever to do anything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

LA Noire and Farming Simulator randomly out of nowhere, that's neat

FarmSim has been a known thing for a while, they were showing it at Gamescom.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

a.lo posted:

Should have sold a kidney or somthing

id still have to sell more body parts to buy poo poo like Isaac for £35 or whatever the gently caress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The real question is how the facial scans jive with the updated graphics. Hopefully they were rendered in obscene detail and scaled down.

The VR cases may not wind up looking good though, as the facial renders were filmed at 30fps.

I would assume the vr cases would have new footage/scans

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You live in the uk and you sold your ps4 to but a switch? That's gotta be unprecedented

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lol, LA Noire. That's definitely the game Switch players wanted.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Lol, LA Noire. That's definitely the game Switch players wanted.

I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LA Noire tries to merge Police Quest with Grand Theft Auto wrapped up with a horrible interrogation system that makes no sense. It's not a horrible game for a brand new IP, but it really was mediocre. It needed a sequel that could take the lessons learned from their first attempt and improve upon them to make the whole concept work.

• Locked thread