Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

You can't listen to any one person when it comes to product availability. If you live in a high cost of living area then your stores are more likely to be out of stock. If you live somewhere like a Cleveland or Pensacola or Buffalo then you probably have units left.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks. My local Walmart had a bunch too. I guess people don't really care since it's not really including the game and case for free or anything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lelandjs posted:

They're actually not as comparable as you'd think. Lego Worlds is arguably closer to No Man's Sky than Minecraft.

Is there splitscreen in Lego Worlds? Because that really owns in Minecraft on the Switch, being able to build with friends via couch co-op is really fun.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
I'm basically just trying to decide between it and Minecraft but may just keep playing Zelda?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there splitscreen in Lego Worlds? Because that really owns in Minecraft on the Switch, being able to build with friends via couch co-op is really fun.

Good question. I know that when I start up the game it pops up a "Press + on the second controller to drop in" message so there is multiplayer, but I'm not sure if it's splitscreen or shared. I'll check it out after I get out of work.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
All of this makes me wish we had a real XCOM port on the Switch :(

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I understand, but for me I got a Switch to play games that aren't available on Steam.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Olivil posted:

All of this makes me wish we had a real XCOM port on the Switch :(

Mario XCOM is better than the new ones, the only XCOM port I'm interested in is the DOS original

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GoldfishStew posted:

I'm basically just trying to decide between it and Minecraft but may just keep playing Zelda?

Keep playing Zelda if it comes down to that choice.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

acksplode posted:

Mario XCOM is better than the new ones, the only XCOM port I'm interested in is the DOS original

Ehhh War of the Chosen is really good

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
I finally found a Switch at Target. Is that butterfox case still the best carrying case option? I saw there was one that held the whole system. Is that one good? I would also like to get a stand. There was one mentioned way earlier in the thread (can't find it and it's not in the OP) that everyone liked a lot. Can anyone link me to that one? Thanks in advance.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I like LEGO mans because it’s super relaxing and has that kind of free flow attitude while also having a direction(Minecraft didn’t, which made me return it). I like to get drunk, lay in the hammock and build some blocks but also race a townsfolk. It’s a bit janky but for 30, it’s great. No troll

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Overemotional Robot posted:

I finally found a Switch at Target. Is that butterfox case still the best carrying case option? I saw there was one that held the whole system. Is that one good? I would also like to get a stand. There was one mentioned way earlier in the thread (can't find it and it's not in the OP) that everyone liked a lot. Can anyone link me to that one? Thanks in advance.

Depends on what you want to carry. If you just want to carry the handheld with a few games then the Hori ones are pretty good. Most of them are good enough though so just pick one that looks visually appealing to you.

You guys are selling me on that Lego game. I tried Lego City and didn't like it but I'd like a good Lego game that isn't based on some overused license.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Depends on what you want to carry. If you just want to carry the handheld with a few games then the Hori ones are pretty good. Most of them are good enough though so just pick one that looks visually appealing to you.

You guys are selling me on that Lego game. I tried Lego City and didn't like it but I'd like a good Lego game that isn't based on some overused license.

Only thing city does better is cinematics imho, and that’s take or leave for me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Overemotional Robot posted:

Here is the stand, would recommend it gets added to OP:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZAYH58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
Awesome, thank you. I watched a review for some accessories and it looks like I might go with that all-in-one case that holds everything.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Footage! I know it's not confirmed for Switch, but they just released the Mana collection a little while ago.. so I don't doubt it'll hit eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujF9CZJyshQ

:stare: Oh god is that bad. The voice acting is like from some B-movie, and the way he swings that sword makes me cringe every time.

And that fucker never shuts up, not even in battle!

Welp, thanks for that warning, I guess I'm avoiding this remake like the plague.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tatsuta Age posted:

Golf story when

This month, if the last Nindies video is to be believed.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I like LEGO mans because it’s super relaxing and has that kind of free flow attitude while also having a direction(Minecraft didn’t, which made me return it). I like to get drunk, lay in the hammock and build some blocks but also race a townsfolk. It’s a bit janky but for 30, it’s great. No troll

Post like this all the time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Wendell posted:

Post like this all the time.

Fine :(

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Libluini posted:

:stare: Oh god is that bad. The voice acting is like from some B-movie, and the way he swings that sword makes me cringe every time.

And that fucker never shuts up, not even in battle!

Welp, thanks for that warning, I guess I'm avoiding this remake like the plague.

I'm going to wait for the final version, that one screemed "beta" at me. Like ok we got the basic stuff worked out now to make it look right.

If the voice is that bad I'll just mash A through it I mean I know the story already.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LethalGeek posted:

I'm going to wait for the final version, that one screemed "beta" at me. Like ok we got the basic stuff worked out now to make it look right.

If the voice is that bad I'll just mash A through it I mean I know the story already.

It comes out in February, that is the game you're getting.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LethalGeek posted:

It doesn't really seem like there's any reason to not just play the SNES version.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

The voices are bad enough, but the gameplay looks like poo poo, too. I mean the way the sword looks, the way the hero swings it around, it all looks like, super bad. It's, I don't know, too wimpy? It just doesn't look right.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Libluini posted:

The voices are bad enough, but the gameplay looks like poo poo, too. I mean the way the sword looks, the way the hero swings it around, it all looks like, super bad. It's, I don't know, too wimpy? It just doesn't look right.

The art style and voice acting are awful but the gameplay looks identical to the original. I'm actually a little surprised they didn't lean more on action and remove the charge mechanic

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lelandjs posted:

Good question. I know that when I start up the game it pops up a "Press + on the second controller to drop in" message so there is multiplayer, but I'm not sure if it's splitscreen or shared. I'll check it out after I get out of work.

Is there up to 4 players or just 2? Either way that's awesome and I wouldn't mind picking it up on Switch or PC to play virtual legos with friends.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

The art style and voice acting are awful but the gameplay looks identical to the original. I'm actually a little surprised they didn't lean more on action and remove the charge mechanic

I've played the original to death and back and believe me, no it isn't. It's like someone found a way to suck all fun out of the original instead.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I played the original a lot too, it's easily my favorite game from that era. What's different about the gameplay?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Mario/Rabbids is so loving good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

acksplode posted:

I played the original a lot too, it's easily my favorite game from that era. What's different about the gameplay?

They've only shown like ten minutes of the beginning of the game on a Twitch stream, there's not really enough to say if there's any drastic changes.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/04/watch-secret-mana-footage-pax-west-2017/

I wouldn't expect anything drastic, though, at least outside of some of the stuff they added for the phone release.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

acksplode posted:

They'd have to completely redo combat and game balance if the charge system was removed.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

acksplode posted:

It just doesn't feel right! If you think differently, have fun with it! Since I feel slight revulsion when seeing the new SoM in motion, I'll prefer to skip it, though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there up to 4 players or just 2? Either way that's awesome and I wouldn't mind picking it up on Switch or PC to play virtual legos with friends.

It's just 2 player split screen on the PC version (probably here too, any more than that on one screen would be unplayably small), but I believe you can have more players via online play, so the same might be possible here by linking up switches?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Mario/Rabbids is so loving good.

It’s super hosed up just how good it is.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
For anyone with Neurovoider, I saw the PR saying it had an auto aim single joy con option for multiplayer or something, curious how (well) that works and/or if there’s a way to play with manual aim, like dual stick predecessors on SNES that used the buttons to shoot directions.

Mostly looking for stuff 4P that can be played semi mindlessly like Gauntlet, like dungeon crawler/beat em up. Been keeping an eye on Nine Parchments but this looks like it could be pretty cool in the meantime. I’ll probably get Gungeon too when that comes out but it's only 2P.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a site or something that shows how long each game on the system will last in handheld mode? Or does anyone have any idea how long Mario Rabbids will last? I know Zelda has about 3 or so, while the tetris game has like 6+

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Is there a site or something that shows how long each game on the system will last in handheld mode? Or does anyone have any idea how long Mario Rabbids will last? I know Zelda has about 3 or so, while the tetris game has like 6+
I'd assume anything actually running "modern" 3D graphics is 3ish hours. Less the Switch's hardware is better at going this is static I don't need to redraw this frame 60 times a second but most any system I've tinkered at doesn't act that way that I've heard or caught onto.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

s.i.r.e. posted:

Two local players only, and each player has to have two joycons (or a pro controller). To add a second player, just press the + button when the second set is turned on and paired the game will automatically split the screen and drop in a guest player. Dunno if the game has LAN play because I only have the one Switch.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Think i might have to give Mario and Rabbids a rest for a bit, I'm worried I might overheat the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
friends, i like and enjoy xcom but i am having trouble getting into xcom mario, what gives?

• Locked thread