Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Rolo posted:

There are so many speculations about this thing, we should start wagering.

:getin:

Exactly six new amiibos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Bongo Bill posted:

Exactly six new amiibos.

Is that what you're betting on or with?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

Hideki Kamiya (the guy behind Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, and pretty much everything Platinum) retweeted the upcoming Direct.

Take what you will from that.

Portable Nier 1 port/remake please. Also more Bayonetta.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Jade Mage posted:

Is that what you're betting on or with?

On.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Animal Crossing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Infinitum posted:

RABBIDS CONFIRMED FOR BRAWL

I'm gonna be real honest? If at least Rabbid Peach isn't in Smash I'm gonna be legit disappointed. What hosed up future is this

Bongo Bill posted:

Exactly six new amiibos.

Give me an amiibo of each Rabbid thank you

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo Voice Chat app updated and now works with the phone in sleep mode or with other apps open.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Would very much like a Tales Of ___ game announced for the Switch, please and thank you Namco

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Tales of Vesperia: It's Still Not the PS3 Version for Nintendo Switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Secret of Mana Collection localised, please and thank you

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There will be a new Animal Crossing spinoff

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Elman posted:

I wanted bigger joystick covers for my joycons so I bought a pack that also included silicone grips, and holy poo poo they are great. They make the controllers bulkier, more comfortable to hold and the bigger sticks are a godsend. Can't recommend them enough if you have big hands. Now I can actually play comfortably in handheld or split controller mode.

(these aren't the specific ones I got but they look pretty similar)

Link, please?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

TFRazorsaw posted:

Tales of Vesperia: It's Still Not the PS3 Version for Nintendo Switch

heck I'd be happy with just the 360 version

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Guy Goodbody posted:

There will be a new Animal Crossing spinoff

It's an idle clicker starring Tom Nook.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bongo Bill posted:

Exactly six new amiibos.

Two main characters from Xenoblade, the three starters for Ultra Sun / Moon, and Flint.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tom Nook Sim City would rule.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

zimbomonkey posted:

It's an idle clicker starring Tom Nook.

Ha ha, wow, that would be terrible. Right, guys? *refreshes app store under the table*

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tom Nook Sim City would rule.

Imagine if the new Animal Crossing was like BotW.

Like, there's your small town, but it's surrounded by miles of wilderness in every direction. The RV camp from the Amiibo card expansion is there, but it's deep in the woods and you gotta find it.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Imagine if the new Animal Crossing was like BotW.

Like, there's your small town, but it's surrounded by miles of wilderness in every direction. The RV camp from the Amiibo card expansion is there, but it's deep in the woods and you gotta find it.

Animal Crossing with some Stardew-esque farming and Rune Factory monster fighting would be pretty amazing.
I know it sounds like I'm describing Fantasy Life and that came close but it lacked the finesse

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Wishlist for the Direct (and none of it will happen):

- Mana Collection in English (we might get that low-budget SoM 3D remake though)
- Literally any info about Octopath Traveller
- New Star Fox game
- New F-Zero game
- Etrian Odyssey 5(?) for the Switch
- Radiant Historia remake getting a Switch version

Theta Zero posted:

Has it been posted yet that the tags for the Direct tomorrow have a bunch of leaked stuff in them?

Source.

To hell with Smash Bros give me a new Star Fox, F-Zero, and Earthbound for the Switch.

Theta Zero posted:

Hideki Kamiya (the guy behind Bayonetta, Wonderful 101, and pretty much everything Platinum) retweeted the upcoming Direct.

Take what you will from that.

Nier: Director's Cut for the Switch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How long until Direct? also if anyone can figure out N64 emulation it's the guys who made the N64 surely

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Info i'll be expecting:

star dew

golf story

everyone clapping because lego worlds is still good

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

bowmore posted:

How long until Direct? also if anyone can figure out N64 emulation it's the guys who made the N64 surely

Tomorrow 3pm PST. Just over 19 hours.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 13, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Tomorrow 3pm PST.
Ah ok, cheers

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

bowmore posted:

Considering that the NES Mini used ROMs sourced from the internet it wouldn't surprise me at all if Nintendo's emulators were largely based off of open source emulators.

As for tomorrow's direct, I don't think there will be any major surprises that haven't already been hinted at. We might get a From Software announcement, maybe, though my money Amiibo is on a scaled-down Switch exclusive (like the PS4's Bloodborne) instead of the Dark Souls Trilogy that was rumored. Maaaaaybe some early Pokemon Switch design notes to go alongside the US/UM details.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Animal Crossing with some Stardew-esque farming and Rune Factory monster fighting would be pretty amazing.
I know it sounds like I'm describing Fantasy Life and that came close but it lacked the finesse

Oh actually nevermind Nintendo you should announce this as the surprise tomorrow.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Would very much like a Tales Of ___ game announced for the Switch, please and thank you Namco

They've already said one is coming, it's probably a port of Berseria, or if they're dumb, Zestiria.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Modus Pwnens posted:

I bought the physical edition of this today and the load times are pretty aggravating. It's still Rayman Legends wherever you want to play it, which is nice. But it's like 10-15 seconds every level and a good 8-10 to exit the level back to the level selection. Not a deal breaker, but come on guys I'm paying $32 for a pretty old game here, at least do it right.

I also tend to just bunny hop everywhere in games and I keep accidentally going in levels I don't mean to, and that's a half minute of loading just to get back out. :negative:

That's really disappointing, and pretty lovely considering those issues are conspicuously absent from the demo.

I'll still get it because I haven't played it and having it portable is way more convenient than getting it for Wii U. Oh well.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Animal Crossing x Azure Dreams

(Just kidding there's no fighting allowed in my village)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
stardew won't be in the Direct.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dizz posted:

stardew won't be in the Direct.

it will but only for thirty seconds where they reveal you can BUY IT NOW

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Kaubocks posted:

Well, Amazon's One Click Buy button patent did expire today. Hmm....

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Kaubocks posted:

I'm fully expecting that, too.

Then again, haven't they not done the "and it's available right now" thing in quite a while? Like... since Iwata-sama went to heaven?

And aren't games only released on a Tuesday or a Friday?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Kaubocks posted:

nah it's just gonna arrive quietly

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Rolo posted:

There are so many speculations about this thing, we should start wagering.

:getin:

I raise.

*pushes six peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to the center of the table.*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

azurite posted:

Link, please?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XPDPW4N/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2CK63DW6SGD3&psc=1

I just bought some as well.
Though I don't have big hands, I find the Joycons uncomfortable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ben 10 game announced for Switch. Launches 14th Nov

Thimbleweed Park launches Sept 21st! Adventure games :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36RbrxGzRw8

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

DalaranJ posted:

I raise.

*pushes six peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to the center of the table.*

What's yer wager

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rolo posted:

If this direct has Mother, Smash Bros and F-Zero I'll make and eat 5 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Virtual Console confirmed at last. :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If ANY Earthbound game is announced for any platform during the Direct tomorrow I will cook myself a couple of eggs, put them on a turkey sandwich and eat it.

I may also drink some seltzer water with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wager 8 pb&j

• Locked thread