Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You realize decisions like that are made months or a year or more in advance. They probably decided what platforms to put that on before the Switch even came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think Capcom has done anything Switch related other than Monster Hunter 3DS port and a half-arsed version of a 25 year old fighting game.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

"Hmm. Should we put our Zelda clone on the system with the best selling Zelda game ever?

Nah."

Capcom continues to make the best possible business choices :downs:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

You realize decisions like that are made months or a year or more in advance. They probably decided what platforms to put that on before the Switch even came out.

But Capcom knew what the Switch was going to be far in advance more so then normal developers; Capcom convinced Nintendo to add more ram which means they knew of it while still in its design phase

The tags that were on the direct video before being taken down were Smash Bros, Mother, and F-Zero

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

*cough*

Announced for everything BUT the Switch

Have they explicitly stated as much, or is it just absent from the roster? Because they might well be trying to hide it for the Direct tomorrow.

I fully expect that's not the case, just that it's the kind of game they'd save for a Direct.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would love to see Okami HD announced during the Direct. We don't need no stinkin 4K. 1080p will be just fine :colbert:

Okami was a hell of a lot of fun back in the day.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If they were smart, they'd at least give a vague "Switch version coming at a later date ." And haul rear end to start working on a Switch version. There's zero reason why Disney Saturday Morning and Mega Man Collection wouldn't be at least announced for Switch.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They are going to announce Pearl for Smash. I know it.

Marina would be a better fit, she uses a Brella as opposed to Pearl who uses Duallies.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

If Okami comes for the switch it should come with a pen to draw with too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

I would love to see Okami HD announced during the Direct. We don't need no stinkin 4K. 1080p will be just fine :colbert:

Okami was a hell of a lot of fun back in the day.

Back in the day? Come on, it was 2006, not that long at-

That was 11 years ago.

gently caress.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We're all old now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

benihana was big in 2006

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Marina would be a better fit, she uses a Brella as opposed to Pearl who uses Duallies.

Pearl and she's a Falcon clone.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Pearl and she's a Falcon clone.

that doesn't make any sense

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

that doesn't make any sense

Falcon....PEARL! :gibs:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Time is an abyss none of us can escape from

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

One to go to bed and wake up in time for the Direct!

Or sleep in and wake up to a bunch of cool poo poo :v:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm glad that today's direct is going to be 6:00PM EDT, I'm tired of having to pretend to work while watching Apple announcements and Nintendo Directs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Gonna get up at 4:30 and make some chicken and watch the Direct and post.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is capcom we're talking about though, who is notorious for looking at all the potentially good decisions they have on their table, flipping the table, and just making a street fighter game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want a smash stage that is splatfest with the Squid Sisters and Off The Hook performing in the background.

Also, pearl is more a lock for mariokart. One of their stage intros she says she tried to bring her gokart to Humback Pump Track and they wouldn't let her.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DJ Octavio as BoJu clone you filthy little hipsters

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Nintendo will shove inklings into anything they can forever now, the Japanese loving love it.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I love BoJu Squidman

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

LethalGeek posted:

Nintendo will shove inklings into anything they can forever now, the Japanese loving love it.

Not just the Japanese.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I was willing to believe in something Smash related and even Kamiya's tweet meaning something but this poo poo about F-Zero and Mother 3, I can't believe. I've been burned so many goddamn times before on this Earthbound poo poo, it's never coming

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

Good.

Inklings are great. I hope there is a playable inkling in Smash with a complex ink mechanic that covers any stage in your color of ink (it would have to fade quickly) that slows down the opponent or damages them slightly. Also another cool use for FLUDD, hydrant, and watering can.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I was playing okami before any of you were even born

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LethalGeek posted:

But enough about The Fisherman's Wife.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splatoon is easily the equal of games like Ocarina of Time and Mario64 and deserves to be included in Smash.

By adding Pearl.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I was willing to believe in something Smash related and even Kamiya's tweet meaning something but this poo poo about F-Zero and Mother 3, I can't believe. I've been burned so many goddamn times before on this Earthbound poo poo, it's never coming

I mean it's entirely possible it's all wrapped up in Smash considering characters from those games and Bayo are in Smash.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I mean it's entirely possible it's all wrapped up in Smash considering characters from those games and Bayo are in Smash.

Mother 3 is coming.....as a Masterpiece game demo in Smash Bros

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hahaha f-zero gx gets a hd port. yeah loving right.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im excited

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Real talk: the splatoon setting is rad I hope inklings show up in more nintendo titles as supporting/background characters

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Im excited

you know what gently caress it so am I let's do this. Lanky Kong DLC for Mario Kart 8

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I believe in F-Zero. I want to murder people beyond the speed of sound in HD and on the go.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Y'all getting way too hyped about getting maybe one surprise and the rest will be Amiibo and XC. also, some indies we already know about.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

f-zero chance it will b on the driwxt

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wish the stream wasn't happening during a time where I actually gotta do work and can't gently caress around on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Is that Metroid Amiibo set a limited thing? I've never bought any before but on Friday when I pick up Samus Returns I'd kinda like to get it because the squishy metroid one is really cool

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Sep 13, 2017

• Locked thread