Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Isn't that what that battlechasers nightwar game is?

how did that game turn out on the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man you try and avoid the 'what is anime' argument and BOOM someone comes along and ruins it

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

All video games are anime.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

"Ok, I've got an idea for a sword, what if we make a badass biker chick that wears furs and leather?"

"Sounds pretty dope."

"She's got two foxes that sit on her shoulders that are on fire"

"That's a pretty badass combination of the animal/biker thing, ok"

"Her boots and gloves look are rubber and patterned like bike tires"

"Ok, that's neat, just make sure that they have a lip so it doesn't look like they're grafted onto her skin."

"Oh. Hopefully that's not a dealbreaker. Also, she has a fox nose."

"...wait like, a snout on a necklace or something?"

"Nope, just the cold black part. And it's on her face"

"..."

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 13, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Louisgod posted:

jesus christ

This game is going to be insanely disapponting isn't it

I think you're forgetting most of Seven's outfits and a good portion of the female armor options in Xenoblade Chronicles in general.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Why are they called "hotpants"? They don't look particularly warm to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're for wearing when it is hot

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Someone post the pizza cutter dude from Tactics Advance 2 and lets get this poo poo over with.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Xenoblade Chronicles 2 you won't have to use that hotpants girl all the time, there are different swords.

Girl you got too many things going on

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think you're forgetting most of Seven's outfits and a good portion of the female armor options in Xenoblade Chronicles in general.

Nooope I'm not, those were all bad but in a very tame "what the gently caress Japan" way.

The designs here are just.. weird.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
also, sharla

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: What the gently caress, Japan?!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I finally got Zelda: Breath of the Wild and it's pretty awesome so far. I'm a bit confused as to what I should/could be doing with all this poo poo I'm finding -- I see there's a use for machine parts, but the game seems to also have a potion making system as well? So how do I craft non-food items? Can I buy or find a cooking pot or do I always have to rely on knowing where one is out in the wild?

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
The game is in the journey, don't spoil your journey

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
japan has been making this trash for decades, friends. why is it a shock, today?

is this the latest reason to be outraged on twitter??? sign me up

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So I finally got Zelda: Breath of the Wild and it's pretty awesome so far. I'm a bit confused as to what I should/could be doing with all this poo poo I'm finding -- I see there's a use for machine parts, but the game seems to also have a potion making system as well? So how do I craft non-food items? Can I buy or find a cooking pot or do I always have to rely on knowing where one is out in the wild?

I started yesterday and my buddy gave me what seems like good advice:

Do whatever, just don’t do any research.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I love the batshit insane designs for "blades" so far. Please give me more outlandish poo poo because the muted generic loving nobodies in XCX put me to sleep. Let's go all out with this "living on the backs of multiple gods and also every sword ghost has titties and fox spirits and giant pianos attached to their arms" game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Honestly, yes, give me the pizza cutter sword

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Rolo posted:

I started yesterday and my buddy gave me what seems like good advice:

Do whatever, just don’t do any research.

Yeah I just played BOTW for the first time over the last month or so, and I didn't look anything up at all until I only had a handful of shrines left that I couldn't find. The joy is in exploring and figuring everything out.

One of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time, maybe ever.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Regarding BOTW, talk to everyone, they often have pro gaming tips

Also stamp your map like crazy

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bugs and monster parts make potions, fruits veggies and meat make food, condiments enhance the effects. If you mix and match ingredients that give a supposed effect it will ruin the recipe, if you use different ingredients that have the same effect it will become more potent, while condiments will increase duration.

Also some things you might think are more of a food actually are more of a potion ingredient.

Food has the benefit of also restoring health, while potions have stronger effects. You can use a fairy in a potion to add health to it though (don't worry, you don't cook the fairy, it just enchants your recipe for you)

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 13, 2017

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
I had to look up a few shrines because they were ones that were quests that triggered by talking to someone, so the radar didn't actually ping them. I got the majority of them, though, by turning on the line tracker that showed where you'd been, then going anywhere there was a decent-sized gap with some kind of landmark feature in it.

Korok seeds, though, I finished the game with all 120 shrines and only just under 300 seeds, and I didn't even use the last 80 or so for expansion, they were just ones I picked up while finding shrines.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I wanted to love XCX because the combat was great and the world was huge and beautiful but it severely underdelivered on the big, crazy moments of XC so I'm happy to see the outlandish poo poo in XC2

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Zelder posted:

Girl you got too many things going on
Someone post that concept art from Kingdom Hearts

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
More Blades

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Section 9 posted:

Has anyone played The Flame in the Flood? I've never heard of it before, but it's been out on other systems for a while apparently. Just from the trailer it looks nice, and if that song is indicative of the soundtrack, I'm into that as well. I've liked games like Don't Starve and Crashlands. Is it worth $15? I don't need to have it right now, I have so many other games to finish and Mario coming soon, but it looks like something that would be nice to play in short sessions while traveling and such.

I've only played a couple hours and didn't beat it, but I thought it was good survival. Kind of more "linear" and dependent on RNG because you're travelling down the river and there are no safe places you can fortify other than your raft. You get to explore a small chunk of the land every time you find a harbor for your raft, so I guess it'd work well on handheld! There is permadeath, but you can transfer some of your items to the next play session. It's unforgiving, but very atmospheric.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So any words on Flame In The Flood? It looks a little like Survival Kids++

EDIT: (Haha, I posted like a minute too late)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Oh, they announced a Monster Hunter/SMT game!?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

"Lieutenant Dan... you got no legs!" :cry:

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, gimme one of them JRPGs with no anime in it.

Dragons Dogma, arguably.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 13, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I honestly can't tell if these Blades are fake. But I'm holding out hope that there are enough tolerable ones that I don't feel bad playing XC2.

...do they have different appearances, am I going to be Stuck With Anime Tity Forevar

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Inject this anime game right into my veins doc.

Sir, this is a Gamestop.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I honestly can't tell if these Blades are fake. But I'm holding out hope that there are enough tolerable ones that I don't feel bad playing XC2.

...do they have different appearances, am I going to be Stuck With Anime Tity Forevar

Well those three posted don't have any tits so there ya go

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Daveski posted:

Yeah I just played BOTW for the first time over the last month or so, and I didn't look anything up at all until I only had a handful of shrines left that I couldn't find. The joy is in exploring and figuring everything out.

One of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time, maybe ever.

It was weird, I was in my last semester of college when BoTW came out, but I don't remember a day of it. That game was so absorptive that I felt as if I... ah poo poo, I DID skip a bunch of class to play Zelda. That's why.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I like the fire goblin dude

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Still a better character than Tatsu. :colbert:

...that's some furry's gender-swap fan-art of Ashton from Star Ocean, isn't it?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I see there's a use for machine parts, but the game seems to also have a potion making system as well? So how do I craft non-food items?

Read your items' descriptions. You'll see what is used for food and what's used for potions.

I hope this one has the same voice actor as Ravana from FFXIV.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Evil Fluffy posted:

Still a better character than Tatsu. :colbert:

Going from Riki to Tatsu was a goddamn tragedy

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Going from Riki to Tatsu was a goddamn tragedy

Heropon was verycool. Tatsu was... Tatsu :sigh:.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Put Netflix on switch already goddamn Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stop trying to trick me. There's no way all 3 of those designs are from the same loving game.

• Locked thread