Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lobster Harmonica posted:

To be honest I'm surprised there's not a second playable character after the 10 year post-game tradition of unlocking Luigi in Galaxy 1+2 and 3D Land / Rosalina in 3D World

probably because of the extra work that came from designing all the different costumes and making them fit Mario properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

There's nothing more punk rock than being born and then immediately going off to fight strangers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RCarr posted:

I’ve recently learned this game was not released in Europe and therefore is not canon.

It was released there in WiiU and on the SNES Classic

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Zelder posted:

There's nothing more punk rock than being born and then immediately going off to fight strangers

that describes almost every Yoshi ever you realize

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Augus posted:

probably because of the extra work that came from designing all the different costumes and making them fit Mario properly

Stretch the models 10% vertically and change some reds to green

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

It was released there in WiiU and on the SNES Classic

Are you saying a forums poster misled me?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

The Yoshis in SMW were placed into the eggs by bowser, tho

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Most of the Yoshis in smw were full grown and trapped back in their shells by Bowsers magic right? Though there are the 3 baby Yoshis you have to evolve by feeding them enemies

Edit: what the poster above me said

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well, that's why I said almost

also you could say that those Yoshis experienced rebirth and you know what nevermind this got weird

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Okay folks. I'm in Germany, and pre-ordered the Mario Game. My timezone was UK when I did that, but I've set it to Berlin time. When can I play the Mario Game?!?

I'm excited for Mario Game.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

A Big... Dog posted:

Okay folks. I'm in Germany, and pre-ordered the Mario Game. My timezone was UK when I did that, but I've set it to Berlin time. When can I play the Mario Game?!?

I'm excited for Mario Game.

If there's a way to get it early by changing your switch region I'd honestly probably forego my physical copy and just do that

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

If there's a way to get it early by changing your switch region I'd honestly probably forego my physical copy and just do that

you can make a new account with country of residence as japan and buy it on the eshop there. it's unlocked

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Lmao, the wall will help opiate addiction

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Consummate Professional posted:

Remind me how the gently caress we elected Bowser again?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Is this a pro or con for Odyssey? I can't tell.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Time to turn this Mushroom Kingdom into a Mushroom Republic, imo.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

you can make a new account with country of residence as japan and buy it on the eshop there. it's unlocked

Somebody convince me this is a bad idea??

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mario doesn’t care about the mushroom crisis affecting the kingdom.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Unless your card works on the Japanese eShop, which is not likely, you will have to buy eshop credit from a third party, usually for markup and sometimes the code is not instant.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

You will be staring at an Amazon.co.jp page for hours waiting for them to approve the order.

Source: the browser tab right next to this one.

[Edit: Oh I bought a digital code for the game, not eShop credit. Don't know if you'll have the same issue or not]

[Double edit: Oh cool there's my Best Buy shipping notification :suicide:]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 26, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mario doesn’t care about the mushroom crisis affecting the kingdom.

Quite frankly, when we look back at Mario64, there were some very fine people on both sides.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Come on, who can you trust, a reptile who has had a single goal for his entire life or an immigrant who steals jobs from everyone? Think of the plumbers, the kart drivers, the golfers? We're gonna get them their jobs back, we're gonna make the Mushroom Kingdom great again.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 26, 2017

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

lelandjs posted:

You will be staring at an Amazon.co.jp page for hours waiting for them to approve the order.

Source: the browser tab right next to this one.

[Edit: Oh I bought a digital code for the game, not eShop credit. Don't know if you'll have the same issue or not]

[Double edit: Oh cool there's my Best Buy shipping notification :suicide:]

I bought a MK8D code from Amazon.jp and got it approved after about an hour and a half. Took my dirty American money too.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Anyone have any luck with a store releasing a day early? I pre-ordered from Target and was wondering what the chances are that they would give me the game tonight if I stopped in...

Pretty doubtful for any big name store to break street date. Look up any small video game shops in your area and give them a shot. The store here that is notorious for breaking street dates has been selling Odyssey since Tuesday.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

grand theft grotto posted:

Unless your card works on the Japanese eShop, which is not likely, you will have to buy eshop credit from a third party, usually for markup and sometimes the code is not instant.

play-asia gave me 5,000 yen cards within minutes

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

MARIO

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I've been playing for a couple of hours so far. Initial impressions are it's fun and I can tell it's only going to get better the more you progress. It hasn't grabbed me quite like BotW did from the get-go but I'm definitely enjoying the hell out of it.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Frankston posted:

I've been playing for a couple of hours so far. Initial impressions are it's fun and I can tell it's only going to get better the more you progress. It hasn't grabbed me quite like BotW did from the get-go but I'm definitely enjoying the hell out of it.

I’m guessing Mario doesn’t wake up shirtless in the beginning? :ohdear:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I was going to experiment with running a personal hotspot on my phone while connected to a VPN spoofing a location as New Zealand to see if this would force an unlock, but I didn’t have time this morning.

It appears unlocks are bound to the region in which you bought the software digitally. My JPN copy unlocked at 12:00 JST, but I’d be curious to see what happens if you are connecting to the internet (or appear to be) from a region that already unlocked the software. Does that supersede the region purchased?

For example, if I had a copy from the US eShop but then spoofed a JPN connection, would it unlock?

Probably not, I’m sure some turbo-nerd has already tried it.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

play-asia gave me 5,000 yen cards within minutes

Did you have to buy a couple? Eshop price is showing as like 6458 and the biggest cards I can find are 5000

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i bought two, yeah. figure i'll use the credit toward an early xenoblade 2 unlock

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
gently caress. Debating whether I wait till my physical copy comes in tomorrow, or I just download it tonight and give the physical copy to my nephews.

Doc, help, I got a case of the Odyssey... a Mario Odyssey

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You give away the physical copy but it turns out they were too hyped too and they also downloaded it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The world would be such a better place if all video game journalism was this good.

Infinitum posted:

What was that Rock Paper Shotgun review where the first 1000 words were the same thing?

Space Hulk:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/10/space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk/

:five::five::five::five::five::five::five: out of :five::five::five::five::five:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
:siren: Important Mario news: :siren:

Newly uncovered text confirms that Mario has a penis

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
i want to play Luigi because, as a tall skinny man, I am not fit to play the sex beast that is Mario

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I loving KNEW IT!!!!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My Mario Twilight slash fic is coming more true every day.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Why else would he risk it all for the peach?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

i bought two, yeah. figure i'll use the credit toward an early xenoblade 2 unlock

Actually ended up trying this for the hell of it and play asia declined every payment method I tried

• Locked thread