Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Actually ended up trying this for the hell of it and play asia declined every payment method I tried

they might be getting overloaded now. i used paypal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:mario: :mario: :yoshi: :mario: :mario:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think Amazon.co.jp may have cottoned on to us Americans buying games from them to try and break street date by a couple hours

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Has Luigi been a confirmed character in Odyssey?

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Morby posted:

L is real 2401

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

lelandjs posted:

I think Amazon.co.jp may have cottoned on to us Americans buying games from them to try and break street date by a couple hours

This is real poo poo. I tried about every japanese eshop method the internet has to offer and they were all declined at the final step with weirdly rude error messages

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Morby posted:

L is real 2017

[Edit: My brother's friend's cousin's Uncle who runs a Nintendo fan twitter account confirmed it]

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Housh posted:

Why else would he risk it all for the peach?

cake

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is a PayPal wallet something I would have if I was under 30?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU80R7jGanE

:patriot:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Actually ended up trying this for the hell of it and play asia declined every payment method I tried
My card got declined first time I tried to buy there, and it looked like they were turning it down, but it was actually Discover complaining and not play-asia. You might want to check that? Play-Asia sounds sketchy as gently caress but I've never had anything but good experiences with them (pro tip they have super cheap Windows 8 keys and you can upgrade an 8 key to 10 for free so if you know anyone who's pirating Windows but doesn't want to...)

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Are there any plans to release classic Nintendo games for the Switch? I expected the Switch and the WiiU to share the same store.

Basically I want to be able to play SNES games on my Switch.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

My card got declined first time I tried to buy there, and it looked like they were turning it down, but it was actually Discover complaining and not play-asia. You might want to check that? Play-Asia sounds sketchy as gently caress but I've never had anything but good experiences with them (pro tip they have super cheap Windows 8 keys and you can upgrade an 8 key to 10 for free so if you know anyone who's pirating Windows but doesn't want to...)

I actually called my bank when it was first declined (figured that's what had happened) and they said they didn't even have any attempted/declined charges from them

So then I tried to use paypal and they for whatever reason declined that too

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Verisimilidude posted:

Are there any plans to release classic Nintendo games for the Switch? I expected the Switch and the WiiU to share the same store.

Basically I want to be able to play SNES games on my Switch.
They have confirmed they have plans to eventually have some sort of VC. Beyond that, we have almost zero details. There were rumblings about a Netflix-style VC?

I actually called my bank when it was first declined (figured that's what had happened) and they said they didn't even have any attempted/declined charges from them

So then I tried to use paypal and they for whatever reason declined that too
That sucks, sorry I can't help :(

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

A VC at this juncture is pointless. It's better for everyone for those indie and third party games to continue to sell well and attract more original games and developers to the system.

And video apps... great for consumers, but Nintendo ain't making any money if you turn in your switch and watch Netflix instead of buying whatever is popular game that week.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That sucks, sorry I can't help :(

Oh no worries dude, I'm not too busted up about having to wait like 12 hours hahaha

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

mario's ball have not yet dropped
poor guy

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

SirBukkake posted:

Doc, help, I got a case of the Odyssey... a Mario Odyssey

The doctor turns around in his chair to reveal that he is now Dr. Mario.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Augus posted:

mario's ball have not yet dropped
poor guy

That was like 40 years ago, Mario's balls probably dangle around his knees now

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

chaleski posted:

That was like 40 years ago, Mario's balls probably dangle around his knees now

Mario's weird looking ballsack has been around for a very long time. In Mario 3 he even cut a circle out of the back of his pants, then tucked his sack between his legs and through the hole so he could then sling it around to kill enemies.

You guys thought that thing was a raccoon tail? Please. You don't suddenly sprout a raccoon tail from picking up a feather.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Al Borland Corp. posted:

And video apps... great for consumers, but Nintendo ain't making any money if you turn in your switch and watch Netflix instead of buying whatever is popular game that week.
No I meant a VC app that, like Netflix, you paid for by the month, with a number of games available rotating them in and out periodically. Wasn't there some noise about that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh yeah, that's launching as part of their online service next year, which is $20 a year, though limited to NES games to start

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I think 1998 finally got beaten as the best video games year

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No I meant a VC app that, like Netflix, you paid for by the month, with a number of games available rotating them in and out periodically. Wasn't there some noise about that?

IIRC it’ll be $20/month and is slated for next year.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh yeah, that's launching as part of their online service next year, which is $20 a year, though limited to NES games to start

Do you get to keep them or is it like having very inconsistent access to a late-90s rom site

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do you get to keep them or is it like having very inconsistent access to a late-90s rom site

You have access as long as your subscription is current, like PS+, though I imagine things will rotate in and out like Netflix

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Morby posted:

IIRC it’ll be $20/month and is slated for next year.

nah like 50 bucks a year. with added online multiplayer. suspiciously reasonable.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nintendo themselves confirmed that their online service is going to be $25 per year.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought I remembered it being 20, but I'll say whatever the last price I heard is. You just said 25, so it's that

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Either way, it's way cheaper than anyone anticipated.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

GreatGreen posted:

Mario's weird looking ballsack has been around for a very long time. In Mario 3 he even cut a circle out of the back of his pants, then tucked his sack between his legs and through the hole so he could then sling it around to kill enemies.

You guys thought that thing was a raccoon tail? Please. You don't suddenly sprout a raccoon tail from picking up a feather.

What about a red leaf

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Naw, Netflix and any other similar services have to pay a fee to be on the Switch, PS4 and anything else. They are deffo missing out on money.
Last month there was some story about a guy from Youtube saying the app was i cert and Neko Neko (japanese Youtube) has been out for a while.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I thought I remembered it being 20, but I'll say whatever the last price I heard is. You just said 25, so it's that

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

It's $20/year

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Mario's weird looking ballsack has been around for a very long time.

You don't suddenly sprout a raccoon tail from picking up a feather.

What does a feather do to balls then

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

GreatGreen posted:

well duh he sprouts it by picking up a leaf

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What does a feather do to balls then

What doesn't it do, friend?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whelp my payment finally failed on Amazon.co.jp so I guess I’m not playing MARIO tonight after all.

Oh well. At least my Best Buy order shipped!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You fools don't you see

The Mario was inside you all along

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Thom P. Tiers posted:

well duh he sprouts it by picking up a leaf

It's an Epimedium grandiflorum leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i always knew that the Super Mario has never hosed, but i didn't know it was because he's a dickcel

• Locked thread