Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Vikar Jerome posted:

i noticed the pro controller selling for 50ish quid on amazon uk the other day, it used to be 80 quid. was there a price cut recently or something?

Its $69 in the US, so isn't that close to 55 in the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nintendo even increased the amount of RAM at Capcom's request.

So regardless of they support level, I am thankful Capcom got Nintendo to put more RAM in there

Ooh, I didn't know that. Shades of what happened with the 360 and Epic. Got a nice link to any more details?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nah I just heard it here

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

If I skipped the previous Xenos but am considering snagging 2 to support the Switch, what is a comparable RPG?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

FireMrshlBill posted:

nice

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
At least once a week I regret selling my Wii U because I really want to replay Bayonetta 2.

Please Nintendo, please.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

magimix posted:

Ooh, I didn't know that. Shades of what happened with the 360 and Epic. Got a nice link to any more details?

http://nintendoeverything.com/more-talk-of-nintendo-improving-switchs-memory-and-capcom-targeting-re-engine-for-switch/

Several publishing partners made the request and Capcom and their RE Engine was simply used as one example.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

MZ posted:

It's sad to think that a lot of people will burn through the mainline game of Mario Odyssey with minimal moons, beat Bowser and go "well, that was that game".

I agree and disagree with this.

I think more games should move toward this model of being able to go through and complete the main story line and see the credits roll in a reasonable amount of time so people can at least see most of a game's locations/art assets, then go back and do the harder stuff at their own pace if they want more. Especially these days when only single-digit percentages of players actually ever finish games. I love that most of Mario Odyssey's content is completely optional. It means there's absolutely no pressure to do it other than a challenge you impose upon yourself. The act of having to slog through things that are overly difficult or that you don't like or want to do in order to "get to the good part" are without question the single worst part of video games, and this model pretty much completely eliminates that.

But to your point, yeah, it's a shame that some people won't go farther than the credits because the real :darksouls: really does start there.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 2, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

^burtle posted:

If I skipped the previous Xenos but am considering snagging 2 to support the Switch, what is a comparable RPG?

Its kind of hard to say, especially as we don't have hands on with XBC2 yet. The combat in the first 2 is psuedo-MMO with competant AI party members and is rather fast paced, and XBC2 seems to be continuing that and maybe getting even more fast paced with weapon swaps. Beyond that, however, XBC and XBCX were wildly different games, with XBC being more of a traditional JRPG in game progression and gameplay, while XBCX was more of an open world, "do what you want with occasional story stuff" type game. XBC2 is supposed to be more of a return to the XBC way of being a game built around a story instead of a game built around an open world. Either way both games are pretty well known for their huge, expansive environments and things/creatures in those environments.

They are also very anime.

Twist And Pout! posted:

At least once a week I regret selling my Wii U because I really want to replay Bayonetta 2.

Please Nintendo, please.

Yeah, the Bayonetta games are one of the main regrets I have from selling my Wii U. Even just a port of 1&2 to the switch would be great.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

What are some good 2-player/co-op games on the eShop, that can be played with only joy-cons?

Edit:
Already have SnipperClips and Golf Story.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Shovel Knight, Snipperclips, Bomberman

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

uncle blog posted:

What are some good 2-player/co-op games on the eShop, that can be played with only joy-cons?

Edit:

Puyo Puyo Tetris

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Here's a hot pro strategy for Odyssey: play two player and make the dog chase the hat for all eternity

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MZ posted:

It's sad to think that a lot of people will burn through the mainline game of Mario Odyssey with minimal moons, beat Bowser and go "well, that was that game".

At least they'll have gotten to hear The Good Song by that point.

In fact, I was a bit pissed that they said I could now set the song in level-select then immediately sent me to a level requiring 32 moons to leave!

I wanna listen to The Good Song!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

uncle blog posted:

Edit:
Maybe check out the ACA NeoGeo games. There's a bunch of Metal Slugs, a couple of platformers on there too.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
well i thought revelations 2 would be fun to get on the switch but not if it's 26gb. that poo poo is embarrassing.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

FireMrshlBill posted:

Interesting, I never noticed that problem with the Switch Pro controller and I use the dpad a lot for things like Picross where a false positive would be glaring. The Xbox One controller on the other hand I have major issues with that while other people think its the second coming of the SNES controller with how they fawn over the d-pad on it. So I don't know.
Unlike the left joycon thing it seems to less common but enough that there's an * on the Pro Controller purchase. That said the fix sounds like taking some screws out and shoving a piece of tiny cardboard or something under the plastic of the pad.

http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-pro-controller-dpad-issues

Actually this person is smart and i'm going to do this later

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 2, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

26gb? This was a 3ds game! It had an HD WiiU version as well which I don't think was nearly that large

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Revelations 1 was 15GB on WiiU, I don't think Revelations 2 was released on it though.

e: Also isn't the Switch release both games together?

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Nov 2, 2017

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Hammer Bro. posted:

At least they'll have gotten to hear The Good Song by that point.

In fact, I was a bit pissed that they said I could now set the song in level-select then immediately sent me to a level requiring 32 moons to leave!

I wanna listen to The Good Song!

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about (the stuff immediately after the credits), then you can change the music at anytime from the map, and you can leave mushroom kingdom whenever you want by throwing your hat on the globe

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

FireMrshlBill posted:

nice. but who knows these days, thanks brexit.

was it always that nice price in the usa? at launch i remember it being 70-80 quid but now i'm questioning my own sanity because 55 seems like a nice price and i might get it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

what's a resident evil revelation and what'll it do on my mario box

It's a good little horror game. I think it got a bad rap because it's a departure from the main series. The Revelations games focus more on atmospheric horror than the kind of over the top action explosions people expect from Resident Evil

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

irlZaphod posted:

Revelations 1 was 15GB on WiiU, I don't think Revelations 2 was released on it though.

its separate boxes in japan/japan eshop and everywhere else it's a double pack but only rev1 is on the cart. rev2 is like 20gb

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

irlZaphod posted:

https://kotaku.com/third-party-nintendo-switch-games-are-so-drat-big-1820058797

here's the article i'm going by, looks like having both takes up 40 gigs

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a good little horror game. I think it got a bad rap because it's a departure from the main series. The Revelations games focus more on atmospheric horror than the kind of over the top action explosions people expect from Resident Evil

lol no its not, its attempt to return to classic re horror with re4 controls while stuck on a boring ghostship with an nonsensical anime plot and feels poo poo to control with no monster variation other than oozes and a ten million hunters. then again, monster variation didn't bug me in 7 so i dont know what im talking about.

rev2 gets the atmosphere better than 1 did and has a miles better story with a better episodic structure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ugh, I have 2x 6 hour bus journeys this weekend. If I take my new Switch with Stardew Valley (played a handful of hours) and Thimbleweed Park (not played at all), should that be enough to keep me entertained? And because they're 2D games the battery should just about hold up for each ride yeah?

If you hear about a man beaten to death and his Switch stolen on a Greyhound, please press f to pay respects.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
SMO post-game question since I haven't caught up with that thread yet.
How do I get on top of Peach's castle? Is there a frog or something that I'm missing?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

The Bloop posted:

SMO post-game question since I haven't caught up with that thread yet.
How do I get on top of Peach's castle? Is there a frog or something that I'm missing?

One of those scarecrow things on one side. Some steps will appear.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I got my hands on the Switch for the first time at Target last night by playing the SMO demo and I was kind of taken aback at how light the controller was and how small the buttons are. Do the joy cons feel sturdy to those who own the system? I’m going to be getting the Switch as soon as I finish up my Wii U backlog either way, but I am curious

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

They're pretty teeny-tiny but they don't feel delicate or anything.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mahoning posted:

You can also just make a Goomba tower and jump up there.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Twist And Pout! posted:

Please Nintendo, please.

The Wii U is better now than ever - you can crack it right open and use it to play gamecube and psx games on the gamepad (with gamepad controls)

I've been doing FE9 and it's loving hard, did it always used to be that way?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the joy cons are definitely small (too small imo, I use the pro controller), but at no point have I ever worried about them or the console itself breaking.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Zore posted:

You can also just make a Goomba tower and jump up there.
nice, thanks

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I got my hands on the Switch for the first time at Target last night by playing the SMO demo and I was kind of taken aback at how light the controller was and how small the buttons are. Do the joy cons feel sturdy to those who own the system? I’m going to be getting the Switch as soon as I finish up my Wii U backlog either way, but I am curious

Build quality is good

Joycons are a compromise? It's gonna depend on how big hands u got

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Build quality is good

Joycons are a compromise? It's gonna depend on how big hands u got

I’ve got big, Mickey Mouse glove hands so I guess I’ll be investing in a pro controller

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea unless you have baby Trump hands you need a pro controller.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I have relatively small hands and even I find the controls to be a bit too small

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
I love the joycons. Not having to have your hands together is great!

• Locked thread