Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

an actual dog posted:

This probably won't happen, I don't think Amazon is allowed to set the price on digital copies the way they can with physical, or at least they don't have as wide a margin.

I bet if Nintendo set their eshop prices to the 20% off prices that Amazon and Best Buy Gamers club has, they would make more money per sale than they would per physical copies after you account for manufacture, shipping and wholesale prices for retailers to make profit.

I wish I purchased Maro Kart digitally, but $12 is a little steep of a "convenience" charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

They will release one Mario joycon and one Luigi joycon. Just in time for Christmas.

Dibs on the Luigi one

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Rudoku posted:

The poll didn't have Smash, so I picked Fighter.

I picked Broom, because I am an rear end

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

The Lobster posted:

Edit: So I'm going to pick up Doom and Wolfenstein even though I don't like that genre of games just because I want to send the message that we want more of that type of game. Am I crazy?

I pick up games i am luke warm on sometimes if I know its sales will lead to future games. Thats why I bought DQ Builders on the PS4 (as well as Heroes), but then I ended up liking it a lot even though I wasn't into Minecraft.

Doom is decent, though I played it on the hardest setting I could on the first play through and got frustrated with it, and instead of lowering difficulty, ended up putting it down half way through and haven't touched it since. Its a good game, I just need to lower the drat difficulty since I am rust on FPS.

That said, seeing the improvement on playing it on a PS4 Pro in boost mode over the stock PS4... I am interested to see how it runs on the Switch. I wonder what they have to limit (I assume low draw distances as well as 30fps and reduced quality assets).

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

a.lo posted:

no animal crossing? no isabelle ?

Keep it in your pants...

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

the Gaffe posted:

As someone who has never pre-ordered anything that may be difficult to get later: When should I expect to be able to put in a pre-order for the Mario/Switch bundle? Was planning on getting one in the next month anyway and it's not like I save any money getting a used one.

if this is an unknown then i'll just keep tabs on the thread.

Regularly check nowinstock.net for when they put up the listing for the bundle, and then set up email and text alerts.

less than three posted:

Switch has been in stock at Amazon Canada for a few hours now without selling out.

I am surprised they have the Splatoon 2 Bundle with the green/pink joycon in stock at Walmart right now

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

it makes zelda look like dog poo poo. it looks like loving goty

Won't be able to really tell until it comes out, but taking GOTY from Zelda will be hard. The open world and environmental interaction in Zelda is hard to top (a big reason why Horizon isn't GOTY over Zelda, IMO). Then again, I am heavily biased towards Zelda games over Mario games.

I am excited for Odyssey though, it looks great. Mario 64 level excitement all over again.

Infinitum posted:

:five::five::five::five::five::five:

3DS Hardware
- Orange 2DSXL - Oct 6
- Pokeball 2DSXL - Nov 3

Those asshats need to bring over the Metal Slime 2DS... and DQXI as well..

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

raditts posted:

I just got done watching that direct and i'm fuckin HYPED

but goddamn it Nintendo, I need money to buy games and I can't NOT buy that wedding Bowser amiibo

Gamestop has the Amiibo pre-orders up right now. The individual for the three but not the triple pack. So they are charging $5.99/each for shipping. Was going to get a set for me (the 3-pack I ordered earlier is an Xmas gift for my niece), but gently caress that I am not dropping an extra $20 on them. They were just going to get beat up by my 2yr old daughter anyway. Heck, I didn't use my Zelda amiibo in BOTW until after I beat it anyway.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Anyone know where I can get the new Metroid amiibos for MSRP in Canada? Amazon is all scalpers.

Try in-store on Friday?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I thought they were already out, whoops

I think they come out on the 15th when the game does. But some pre-orders already shipped for Friday delivery.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Gamestop has pre-orders for the Odyssey Switch bundle up. Just grabbed one for my niece for X-mas. Comes with the Switch with red joycons that match his hat color, a special red carrying case and the digital game. No wedding amiibos, sadly.

a.lo posted:

if mario has nipples that means luigi has them and wario has them and waluigi has them.

How many times do I have to tell you to keep it in your pants?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

spit on my clit posted:

how do you keep nipples in your pants

this is a rhetorical question

nothing is rhetorical in my book. was going to post that famous pic of the lady in walmart with her pants pulled up over hers.... but I'll save everyone's breakfast and just say overalls

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

El Burbo posted:

I'm glad of nintendo's big booty women and well built shirtless men

i think the whiners are just mad at the in-equality... they obviously want big bootied shirtless men AND women... true equality

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/908352427354501120
Has there ever been a western game character in Smash? Doomguy is iconic enough at this point and they're already past how to add violent characters to Smash with Bayo and Snake. Please add Travis Touchdown and Doomguy to Smash, Nintendo

Doomguy amiibo in the classic stance where he is shooting downwards with that weird belly shirt/armor

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Bean posted:

Look I'm the first up at the plate to get irritated at scantily clad video game ladies but that argument of "half naked men? well she has an rear end" is weak af.

If anything Nintendo has just decided that they're committed to bringing us sexy video game characters of all genders.

I hate myself for typing that sentence. Do I have to start a DeviantArt account now?

Self flagellation while watching Sarkeesian videos is your only repentance.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doom amiibo needs to be the little dolls you find in DOOM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZGjA0O-PsI

winner

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

At least Anita's videos make sense

Compared to?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The game is sex for soundtrack and audio design. The intro syncing the shotgun to music as you start the first level tells you you’re going to have an amazing time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW6X1TFRvI0

I forgot Optimus Prime was Doom canon....

Also, I played it a lot late at night with my surround sound turned down (not sure why I never used my gaming headset). When I pick it back up I should crank that audio. As tempted as I am to play it on Switch, will just stick with PS4. I didn't get Wolfenstein 2 yet, so will do that on Switch if it performs decently. Still a little worried about these two running decently. Heck, I am worried Skyrim will be PS3/360 quality.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Despite sounding almost identical to Optimus Prime it's not the same voice actor.

Haha, ya. Didn't think it was really Cullen... but sounds pretty close

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

So has anyone in here actually bought and played Double Dragon 4? The few comments I saw were negative... but that $6.99 price is triggering my impulse buy brain weakness.

I played about 10 minutes of it on my PS4. I can't remember exactly what, but something about it made me think it wasn't running all that smooth. Then again, it may have been on my Pro with boost mode on and maybe that was causing weird issues, I dunno. Haven't had time to play it with my other games I am currently playing.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Awesome, I'll cancel my Gamestop order of it and just go with Best Buy. $10 cheaper with no shipping plus rewards points.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

believe it or not but Switch is probably closer to the XB1 than the 360 in terms of power, Skyrim will probably look and run fine i.e. solid 30fps and have most everything that the SE version has

hopefully so. Will be a step down from the mods on PC, but the portability will make it worth it.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

$10 cheaper? It looks like the same price.

$10 cheaper with no shipping I meant, my punctuation wasn't clear. Gamestop charged $10, BB is free. But ya, both $379.99, and tax was the same.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Me. I'm the last person who doesn't own a ps4. I'm thinking about upgrading my PC, buying a switch, or buying a ps4. Really it's just down to Pc or switch now. I can't justify a PS4 because I'll only play Bloodborn.

I probably game most on PS4, but I would say that if your current PC can at least run current games on low-medium at 900p or better... then you are probably close to a PS4 in power anyway, so may as well just go for Switch first. Then save up to upgrade your PC in a year or so. Then save up for a PS4 and just grab up exclusives for cheap.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I think, unless there already is one that I haven't seen, I'm gonna make a big effortpost Super Mario Odyssey thread this weekend. Any title suggestions?

Nipple play

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hopefully this can stay paired up to a Switch better than the NES 30Pro, which doesn't seem to be able to do things like wake up the system and sometimes takes an oddly long time to register when setting up controllers.

Never had an issue staying paired, but ya, its annoying you can't wake it up and it does take a bit to first connect after turning the controller on. So I just walk my lazy rear end up to the docked Switch and hit the power button if I am going to use the NES30Pro

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 15, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Manky posted:

This works for me too

gently caress it, pre-ordered the SF30pro. Seeing it has dedicated home and screenshot buttons, along with the over-under orientation of the R/ZR and L/ZL buttons, and those analog sticks look much better than the NES30pro's. I'm hoping it can wake the Switch from sleep...

I have a SF30 on my Retron5, and another waiting to be used with my SNES Classic Edition. So I guess my NES30Pro will get used with my laptop for OpenEMU instead of my Dualshock3

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

lol at them for not spending the extra $2 on a 16GB cart at least come the gently caress on with this

Ya, I thought the standard game card size was 16GB... cheapasses

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Wait, so when is Stardew Vally coming out?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Rolo posted:

How long does Nintendo produce special bundles? I want the Splatoon bundle but I'm probably not gonna get one until at least Mario comes out.

I'm sure whatever stock left on shelves is it for that game. So grab the bundle now if you want it. Walmart had it online still a couple days ago. Mario comes out in 1.5 months, so thats plenty of time to get tired of Splatoon and even dive into another game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Rolo posted:

I don't really even want splatoon, just the joycons that come with the bundle. Maybe I'll just hold out that they eventually sell them separately.

Ya, I'd just wait then. I am sure someone will sell skins if nothing else. They are releasing more cool looking joy cons anyway. The ones that come in the Mario bundle look cool. If I didn't have a Switch already, I would get that bundle (well, I did preorder it as a family-buy Xmas gift for my niece). Having a second set of joycons will probably be on your list down the road anyway and you can see if they have other colors you like, including the Splatoon ones hopefully.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

My big hope is that they put the Wii ports of Metroid Prime 1&2 on the Switch.

I hope they put the Gamecube ports to get rid of motion controls. I have the trilogy on Wii but just can't stand the motion controls. So put the GC ports and then do a custom button config for Prime 3.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Do the other console ports of Doom have the usual console FPS problem where turning around takes forever even with the stick sensitivity maxed out? If they address that and also add gyro aiming I could see it being downright playable.

It'd also be my first portable FPS since GBA Doom. :toot:

Doom's aiming and movement is fast as poo poo even without sensitivity maxed out on the PS4, especially compared to the typical console FPS. It controls like Quake but with AAA graphics. About as good as you can get without going mouse/keyboard. You will not be disappointed when it comes to that.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

Aside from thievery, what is the cheapest way I can get Mario and Rabbids

The barter system

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

There are some dumb people with too much time in the world.....

and then there are geniuses!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

They should enable a theme maker where you can use screenshots and some sample audio to make a theme for the home screen. Games should come with downloadable theme audio, like the Mario Odyssey theme song.

I love the Hyrule Warriors theme I have on my 3DS. I sometimes just let it sit there and rock out before I start a game.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

"Tabata, meanwhile, has yet to be able to pick up a Switch in Japan, where Nintendo's console has proven extremely popular - and he's pinning his hopes on getting one this Christmas."

Makes me think it is a joke... Nintendo would send him one in a heartbeat

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I don't mind, its not spoiling some plot twists or anything, just showing off worlds in a Mario game. But I get wanting to be surprised on the different worlds and some moves he does I guess.

Warning, spoilers with previous Mario games, Warning

The only plot twist is: this is a prequel to Sunshine, and Peach really does marry Bowser and is really "mama" to Jr, and the ending of Sunshine and shadow Mario was just a drunken illusion that Mario manufactured in his head to deal with the fact the Peach left him for Bowser

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 20, 2017

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Here's what Doom looks like undocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTXZvvb7RNw

Not sure what fps this is but looks pretty good to me

That looks like 30FPS (which means nothing, I know, especially since it is a recording of a screen) and they say they think it is 30FPS in the video. When I switched from a launch PS4 to a Pro in the middle of playing Doom, I noticed a difference with Boost Mode activated. Framerate stayed lock even when I cranked the field of view all the way up. So I have 0 expectations the Switch can run 60 without severely lowering the FOV and losing a bunch of assets. Optimized for a stable 30FPS both docked and handheld is what I expect, but they may prove me wrong (I hope they do).

StabMasterArson posted:

DOOM on thumbsticks is adorable

Doom is the best FPS experience I have had playing on a controller, extremely responsive. Its not like you are sniping in the game much, so thumbsticks are fine for single player and not as many people play the multiplayer anyway so you don't really need an edge over anyone. For aiming and quick turns, I do prefer a mouse. However, for maneuvering, a left thumbstick >>>> WASD any day of the week. Even on Nightmare setting, maneuvering in this game is much more important than fine aiming given the weapon selection and run&gun style.

If this was a game that people were planning on doing Quake style deathmatch on, then ya, KB+mouse all day. But just the campaign against the AI? please...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Just own both, they each have their Pros and Cons. This isn't 3rd grade, you can own a Sony and Nintendo console (though it was Sega and Nintendo back in my day.. and I still shy away from Sega).

• Locked thread