Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Mercury Crusader posted:

2DS 2000 Elite "Slap Nuts" Edition

Do series of words have upset me more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Unfortunately Crash still sold more in most parts of Europe so Crash is now the King of Games.

Europe proving time and time again that it has the worst taste in games.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I have a Switch, now. Thanks, Amazon. Wish I could pull my wife away from Puyo Puyo Tetris to give it a try :v:

On release, I remember hearing some horror stories about console warping in the dock. Checking around online shows stories about it, months old at least. The OP didn't seem to mention it. Still a thing? Also if I've opened up a thread :can: just ignore this question, I guess.

It might still be a thing but who knows. I took some of that black rubberized electrical tape and kinda layered it over the little outcropping inside the dock just in case.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Switch is actually the Vita 2 from an alternate universe where the first one sold well

Now that we've picked the lone fruit of that universe we can burn that sad place to the ground.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

irlZaphod posted:

I've been diagnosed with Sonic Mania

How many original characters do you draw in a day?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The only way to redeem my deed... to erase it. I shall destroy this stolen amiibo most foul! Prepare for proof.

Sounds more like destroying evidence of a crime to me.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Imagined posted:

That's a little unfair. There's Horizon and The Last of Us and Uncharted and Persona 5. Lots of things, especially if you count as "only on PC and PS4" as an exclusive.

Last of Us was a remaster. Those others are fine though.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Getting too defensive here

You called him a blind fool over something he didn't say.

I bought a PS4 because it was gonna have Uncharted 4 and KOF14 and barring another game or two that's all i've got for it but i'm fine with that because KOF14 is really good.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

Does anyone have any actual data on the "occasionally defective" claim that everyone makes? It seems extremely unlikely that only a certain percentage of pro controller dpads would be "squishy". It seems much more likely that it's just some people notice it and it bothers them and other people don't really notice it.

I play a buncha KOF98 on the toilet. If mine was throwing random 'ups' i'd have noticed it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Bill Barber posted:

If you're playing on the toilet with a pro controller then where is your switch resting? :gonk:

That's for me to know and you to find out. :smugdog:

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Two Beans posted:

Several years ago there was a WWE game released, and one of the stipulations for reviews was that no images could be published showing wrestler Triple H (who was the world champion at the time) in a prone or vulnerable position.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

It probably won't be the No More Heroes 3 I want but that looks like the kinda dumb I like.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Thats it, translate jerking off.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I thought Suda was gonna pull his shirt up and reveal he was a member of the NWO.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm pretty happy with that announcement. LA Noire is pretty much the only Rockstar game I somehow skipped playing.

Keep skipping.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

Its content light with none of the depth or character diversity of a real fighter.

It launched with more content than SFV

Now excuse me while I step over this low bar.

Arms is fun.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

bull3964 posted:

From Engadget.

Thats fine, the campaign is the only part of DOOM you want. Also 100th'ing that it's crazy that that and Wolfenstein 2 are coming to the Switch.

Also Odyssey still looks like a really great game I wanna play.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

What are your thoughts on Megan's Law?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nintendo isn't public traded right? They can just tell wannabe buyers to gently caress off

It is, it's why they have those hilarious shareholder meetings, but they hold most of the stocks.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

BOO-URNS!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I dig that all the KOF games are steadily released on Switch but I'd reallllllly like if KOF13 was on the list

If they just go with the ones that are based on those boards it'll be like KOF 94-02.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Wait what? First a 50cc course and then a 200 cc course?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Evil Ryu is in ARMS now?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Meldonox posted:

You would think if they did a Street Fighter crossover they'd bring in Dhalsim.

Akuma. He's already in everything else.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Swimming in a sea of bad opinions. Well except 'skip xenoverse' that one makes sense.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Jim Sterling was always a turd regardless of what scores he gives games.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

il-landier posted:

Good things come to those who befriend their retailers

I'm the man who works at UPS and had to deliver 50 boxes full of stuff from Nintendo of America to a Wal-Mart all with "DO NOT DISPLAY TILL 10/27!!!" and not go 'cmoooon they wont miss one box... There's so many."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Basically this.

https://youtu.be/Cd-ZOVHCYOw

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Imagined posted:

Why do people always refer to Laura Kate Dale by her full name? Did she assassinate a President?

All I can think of is that Gilbert Gottfried bit. "Sarah Michelle Gellar came out and screamed 'THIS IS THE LAND OF THE THREE NAMED PEOPLE! HOW MANY NAMES DO YOU HAVE?!' and Olivia Newton John and Jennifer Love Hewitt..."

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

gently caress smo

I don't know man, you gotta romance a game like that.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

For mods on the consoles, are they moderated? Aren't a bunch of mods giant tits and dicks on PC?

He refuses to go back to a Skyrim where all the ladies don't have big luscious wieners. I appreciate his resolve.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

SilverSupernova posted:

Clearly not enough people spent $60 on Street Fighter II: Now with 2 More Ryus Edition for them to justify putting more games on it.

Pretty sure they were quoted as saying that Ultra Street Fighter II sold surprisingly well and, like every other fighting game in existance, sold better than SFV did in its first week or month or whatever.

So naturally that's why you'll never see another timely capcom release again.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

My balls are so empty. Oh god.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Then where are people buying a brand new WiiU a year after they stopped production?

You're dumb as heck.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Go on...

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Crowsbeak posted:

Are there any talks about releasing a F Zero on the Switch?

I talk about how we should do that all the time.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

They forgot how to make d-pads on the Wii U Gamepad, actually.

No it was just oddly set on such a big pad. I still use the Wii U pro controller as my PC controller because that's a solid rear end d-pad.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

KingSlime posted:

Also lol at the Nintendo costumes, am i the only one who thinks they look horrifying? The link one is especially gross

Nintendo/platinum, just please don't

Yeah you're the only one. The Samus one lets you flick the visor up and down during cutscenes. They're great.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Rolo posted:

FIVE PAGES WHATD I MISS.

They're announcing that, in an unprecedented move, they've decided to skip Metroid Prime 4 and give you Metroid Prime 5. Download after this Direct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I got that first one (although the cooler brown medicine bag color) for a trip I had to take cross country and it worked pretty well. The pouch stretches enough and the case gives you enough room that I could fit headphones, a long rear end charging cord, a thumbstick sized power supply and my phone plug to go with the cable. Probably could have tossed the little joycon shell clip things in there haphazardly too. It was just hard enough and stable enough on the system that I could have underhanded that thing across the room and knew the switch would still be ok.

• Locked thread