Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Scholtz posted:

if only Nintendo had the foresight to make controllers that could attach to the tablet

Or with a good center of gravity instead of perched atop a controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I wanna marry splatoon 2

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

lelandjs posted:

So, Ironcast. It’s not just a simple match three Bejeweled clone.

Basically every turn you can make two matches of gems; each of the four types of gems can be used to power your mecha’s four systems: light weapon (damages enemy), heavy weapon (specifically targets one of the enemy’s system), movement, and shields/systems repairs. The more gems of a type you match, the more the systems are powered up. If you have enough of a resource, you can shoot enemies, move forward, and/or repair your mecha. The enemy then gets a turn. This repeats until you’ve completed a level.

It’s obviously a PC port. Don’t get me wrong, it’s certainly playable with a controller, but the UI is very mouse-focused, with a cursor being used for the main menu, and controller buttons being bound to various click areas on the screen. Also, the UI elements and text are on the smaller side, probably readable enough in portable mode but I found myself squinting a bit at my TV to read, which I don’t generally have to do in games.

I only played through the tutorial, so I only have a basic impression of the game, but I figured I would pop in and give some notes. To be honest, I was kind of hoping for a simple Bejeweled style game (it can be fun to sit back, relax, and match some gems) but this is completely different beast. In fact it’s kind of hard to describe it as a matching game—it’s really closer to FTL in that it’s essentially ship management, with less emphasis on quick decisions and more on strategic choices.

So if you’re hoping for FTL on the Switch, Ironcast might be worth a look.

I'll second it, as a nice tactical match 3 game (longest chain not the smartest!) roguefight. cheap too!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Jackbox on switch doesn't stream to twitch so playing online is a no go. Sadly streaming it without unplayable lag is nearly impossible on pc as well.
So being on a solid portable makes the switch version KING.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Stan Taylor posted:

If I could buy a bundle of them for like half price for having it on Steam I totally would. I love the hell out of those games and always buy them on release, but buying on switch would only really let me play it maybe one extra time a year on vacation, and even that's a gamble if wherever I'm at has wifi.

Are there any big exclusives besides rabbids and mario coming out this year?

XENOBLADE 2

Any some indie golf thang an uh no clue. Im thrilled for portable indie games + nintendo heavy hitters

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bidiots, That bomb game are pretty unplayable on pc with a ten second lag for your stream.
Fibbage is like hardmode for everyone but the host. I think you need to be a super subscriber or some poo poo for twitch or your internet to allow less lag.
Local play with Switch works perfect but alas its local, BUT PORTABLE!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Manky posted:

Sort of a tangent, but the Mixer streaming platform (owned by Microsoft, formerly called Beam) has a custom protocol called FTL that provides very low latency streams. So streams really have like half a second lag versus twitch's many seconds delay

THANK YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I splatted turds with free WiFi at a Boston Starbucks no prob

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

No online for rabbids?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

http://www.charlesmartinet.com/actor.html
This gamescom poo poo run by nintendo uk is pretty bad

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Travis only runs on Bowser Blood

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Markiplier is a nice lad

No thank you forced laughing man who's constantly surprised and can't stop yelling

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Golf Story Thursday

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/301984-golf-story-out-this-thursday-according-to-dekays-eshop/
Whatever this is.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

you better not be loving with us

I want this game too, this isn't a great source. Even a good one

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

GreenNight posted:

Never said which Thursday.

supposedly this one

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Millions posted:

The dude whose website the Golf Story date came from went on Reddit and said it was his guess, he doesn't know the actual launch date.

Golf Story........... when?

Reddit. What is it good for?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

To those that threw shade at me. Why?
On topic of Nintendo stuff Steamworld Dig 2 is getting great reviews im stoked.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The first one was really fun but shallow so hopefully they built a game around it this time because it has the skeleton of a really satisfying metroidvania

Steamworld Heist was a real solid tactical side scroller shooter. A rare breed.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Wendell posted:

It was only me, and if you saw that then you’d have to have seen my edit saying I meant Brosephine! I’ll say again that I’m sorry though, no one wants to be mixed up with that guy.

gently caress no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG16-Vq57MM Spoilers/not spoilers Mario looks amazing

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

you should do what I did today.
Tweet at
https://twitter.com/SubsetGames
today and and everytoday till they say yes to a Switch version.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So was "Golf Story Thursday" just a lie

Sadly. However the dev said September so I'll predict Stardew Thursday!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

SMT Switch news oct 26

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Golf Story.wmv Sep 28 Golf Story.exe delayed till 2018

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Bug gently caress Goose

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Holy poo poo
https://youtu.be/Zwz7cqcSS0o
Switch early 2018

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0765SZ1VC
Look at this!
LOOK AT IT!

Upsidads fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 12, 2017

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

why she has two horses on head?????

Its called Okami and her dads the scarecrow from OZ

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Having weapons that broke allowed devs to let me have a taste of sweet, sweet, oh god, the power!
Did you see how big this glowing axe is?
This is gamebreaking awesome. Oh wait I broke it. Better adapt!
As opposed to just getting a higher tier and then staying there forever.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Zelda botw has only one fault, it's a series ommision: FISHING

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Who?
Cares?

It's a YT person there is always something better to do

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Why are we talking bout Netflix?
Hey Oxenfree is great

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

The description of the fences says they do deteriorate. I have no idea why since nothing else in the game does and I'm not sure what fences are even supposed to do that would justify such a mechanic. The only reason I put fences up on my farm was for looks and also to stop my chickens from bothering me when I'm watering crops.

Fences are stupid keep your animals tight, packed in graves.

Count Lucanor is the game I needed for Chilltober

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I hope Marina and Pearl are rare blades

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Where do I go for a refund on mummy demastered? I'll never give way forward a dime again.
It's so janky my guy will randomly shoot at angles and it's Medusa heads all the way down.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I can't wait for Jim Davis's Guest Blade

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Xenoblade 1 characterwise felt like an homage to One Piece so if your down with tragedy and grand adventure its great.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

For dumping a player into a complex good world of anime without confusing the poo poo outta the player, Xenoblade 2's start is amazing.
I'm walking around think oh poo poo it's Laputa but with freaky Giants. Whoever gave the tiger kids voice to a Scott should get a raise, I was expecting a Pikachu voice or a helium baby.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Xenoblade 2 loses it's way chapter 2 but finds it's Xenoblade one soul at chapter 3 and cranks the anime to maximum.
I love it. Downside is chapter two is like 8 hours meandering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

https://twitter.com/Gamelab2021/status/940276586665742337
Its small things what make me love Zelda

• Locked thread