Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Why did they do an ice cream choice in the middle of summer, everyone is going to choose that

I'd choose it in the dead of winter. Ice cream is just objectively better than cake, hands down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

Humpback pump track is an awesome stage

I actually like both. Moray Towers is fun too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

eonwe posted:

you can invert it

You can't invert up/down unless you turn motion controls off.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Splatoon is the first Switch game that I don't like in handheld mode.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Splatoon is perfect with the Pro Controller.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I saw my first switch out in the wild today and didn't buy it. Did I gently caress up big or make a great decision goons?

You made an imperfect choice to not purchase this perfect console.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Ice cream is better than cake. It's the law.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

Not every single online game requires 100% of your attention every second you're online. Like when you're waiting on a loading screen, for one huge example. Stop being a loving weirdo.

Similarly, I doubt you need to be connected to the voice chat app 100% of the time either. If you're taking 30 seconds to check facebook or text someone back, your world will not end that you didn't hear the 12 year old in the voice chat say gently caress or whatever.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

You can't voice chat with random squdkids, if you've got rude preteens in your voice lobby it's because you specifically invited them.

Well if its gonna be a bunch of Goons then god knows what sort of inane poo poo a goon might miss while texting their mom to bring down another bag of Cheetos.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I'm still baffled by Nintendo not releasing neon green and pink joycons in the US market, but still bringing over the pro controller, and releasing piss yellow neons with ARMS.

They can't even keep grey JoyCons on the shelves, what makes you think they were going to be able to supply the entire US with a sufficient supply of Splatoon JoyCons?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Wendell posted:

Drink more water if your pee looks like that.

We've been over this.....if you're taking a multivitamin or any sort of Vitamin B supplement, your piss is most certainly neon yellow.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Variable 5 posted:

Switch with neon Joy-Cons now in stock for Prime members.

I ordered one, it was too good to pass up.....definitely gonna sell it though.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

GreenNight posted:

My local Best Buy told me that they hold a lot of Switches for Sunday because when a big game comes out, it's in the Sunday ad.

Huh?

Wait the Switch is in the Sunday ad or the game? Cuz the game was in last weekend's ad.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Lodin posted:

Switch really is the new Vita.

Like most Nintendo games, this one has a happy ending.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Hey Amazon is finally shipping me Splatoon.

How's the Splatoon portable vs. big screen experience? Probably going to have the switch in hand more than docked.

This is the first Switch game that I find to be much worse when using handheld mode. For me it involves a lot more resetting the camera with the Y button since you do have to worry about viewability with the Switch's screen whereas with my Pro Controller I can tilt it any which way and it doesn't matter because I'm not actually looking at it.

I say "much worse" only because I was so surprised by how much I enjoyed the handheld experience with every other game I own so far. This was the first one that didn't surprise me in a good way and I felt like I had to play differently from handheld to docked.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
"This Nintendo thing is just a fad. Won't last long."

-Idiots in both 1987 and 2017

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
After playing the Octopath demo for like 20 min, I need a Link Between Worlds-type Zelda game done in a similar art style to Octopath. Holy hell is it an amazing mix of pixel art and 3D environments.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Imagine telling yourself in like 1993 that in 25 years, there's gonna be a Nintendo console with Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Metroid, Doom, and Wolfenstein on it. Within like the first year.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Yeah people forget that they were still selling NES games 3 and 4 years after the SNES came out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Personally I think it's bullshit that an Italian plumber from Brooklyn doesn't have any chest hair.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

a.lo posted:

um excusee.but i heard he was no longer a plumber

I bet the union kicked him out when they saw his 10-year-old boy chest.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I still think that I don't "get" RPGs, but I played about 45 min to an hour of Octopath and I enjoyed myself. I felt like I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing though. I wish the Switch had Virtual Console already so that I could maybe buy a few old RPGs and learn a little on those.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

roffels posted:

Any word on what happened to Pan Pan? It was set to release a few days ago, and then on release day, the eshop web page was pulled.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pan-pan-a-tiny-big-adventure-switch

Word is he is fat and he fell on you...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I’m sorry to talk about a game I am excited to play on my Nintendo Switch in this, the Nintendo Switch thread.

You asked a question and he answered it you little baby.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think it's pretty clear that in 2018, in between any future big titles Nintendo has to announce, they'll probably dump a ton of NES, SNES, N64, and maybe even GC games monthly. There's no way they're gonna follow up the 2017 that they've had. Especially as far as first party goes. In the absence of that, virtual console is an easy win, especially to all the people that bought Switches but maybe never owned a Wii U or never bought anything on the VC for the Wii.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

They will absolutely be able to repeat 2017. They've already announced Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi. And they still have a bunch of Wii U games to port.

Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi are not Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Splatoon.

I'm not saying those games won't sell really well but they're really not even in the same realm as the 2017 releases.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Tnega posted:

So, when's the deadline for "Eh, just re-release the wii u's library, it's not like anyone owned it" to be unacceptable?

When that stops being a really good idea.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

you can play Doom right now on various better looking and controlling systems for about a third of the price of the switch version, dude

This. This is the poo poo we should be asking "when are we gonna cut this poo poo out?"

The answer is always the same. People wanna play poo poo on the go. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who only owns a Switch. I have no PC, XBone, or PS4.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What are the odds that if the feedback is overwhelmingly positive for Octopath, that Square will slap one of their franchise brands onto it?

I don't mind the name, but I do find it odd that they still keep throwing that (tentative) next to the name.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

RVWinkle posted:

Changing the name if it's really popular will just confuse people so it would be possible for someone to overlook a title they don't recognize. If it gets negative comments then they would change the name so people will take a second look not realizing it's the same game.

Good point. Didn't think of that. I guess I was assuming something like Final Fantasy: Octopath Traveller.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
They're gonna add in another character last minute and call it Nonapath Traveller.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The little boy in Olberec's storyline had some truly awful voice acting. I think it was just some random woman trying to do a little boy with an English accent. Ugh.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm in the US and haven't gotten the survey yet. However, wading into my spam folder for the first time in awhile was certainly eye-opening.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
It would be nice if EA made a new version of Rory McIlroy PGA Tour that wasn't absolute poo poo and actually was as good as some of the old Tiger Woods games.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I actually thought that the generic "I see!" that Olberec kept blurting out during long dialogue sessions was hilarious.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This thread, every day:

Random poster: "I can't wait for the Switch to get [game/feature]!"

Some idiot: ":smug:You know that [game/feature] already exists on [device other person doesn't have], right?"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

lmao I just looked at the Canadian bundle and it's more expensive to buy a Switch and the game in the bundle than it is to buy them separate wtf.

It comes with a case too.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Beastie posted:

It's Mario Kart. You hit the gas, jump and waggle.

You're not asked to do some Street Fighter level of muscle memory.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not harshing on someone that has physical reasons for needing these adjustments. I harping on someone who plays Mario Kart using it because they can't be bothered to play the game themselves.

Yeah I'm generally bad at video games but asking someone to press one button to begin a drift isn't exactly difficult. And this is coming from someone who played it for 2 weeks without drifting once before I figured it out on my own.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

We're a month and a week away from Mario Odyssey. I will buy many game carts, grind them up, and shoot them directly into my veins

Terrible idea. Your veins don’t have taste buds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I want a version of the joycon holder that replaces the middle portion with a clasp for phones so you can have the Nintendo online app right there for easy access. Let me browse the Splatnet shop between respawns with ease, Nintendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeF2mG7vCb0

• Locked thread