Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on Mario x Rabbids? It sounds intriguing, mostly because of the aesthetic around it. However it feels like the luster wears off for people pretty quickly, and that the back half of the game is frustrating due to the limitations in the mechanics. Am I right in this?

No. It is a very good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I finally started playing Stardew. It's good.

While I appreciate the creative choice to give the music a vinyl record pop filter, I would prefer it if you could turn that off.

I have played this game for nearly 100 hours on the Xbox and have no idea what you’re talking about with that vinyl record comment.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

a.lo posted:

What is the cheapest sd cards for this thing

You can get 128s on Amazon for $40-45 right now. 256 is still on the expensive side. You can always go smaller than 128 too if you mostly buy physical games.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Popete posted:

I played a decent amount of BotW on Wii U before buying a Switch this weekend and starting over. It's still a 10/10 in my mind, it just does so many things perfectly and really fosters a sense of exploration that a lot of RPGs are missing.

:same:

I had pretty much done all you could do on the Wii U version. I sold the console to buy a Switch though before the DLC came out. I was not looking forward to starting over from scratch, but once I got going I got sucked in again and am having just as much fun as before doing it all over again.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BOTW owns. October 27th please come quickly so we can move on.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Octopath Traveller is so far away.

Plenty of time to come up with a less dumb name.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Stardew: I'm most of the way through Spring on Forest layout and can't make up my mind if I want to restart with the default map. Some people say the forest is cramped in the late game and I can see why. But others say it's not a big deal. Would you say for someone not looking to minmax that you can fit a decent amount of crops/animals/whatever else on the forest? Or should I restart.

I’m no minmaxer, but I used about 1/16 of the default map on my first play through. Maybe not even that much. Towards the end I really only used the greenhouse and basement of my house for wine production. I’m using the river farm for my Switch play through and love that I don’t feel like I have so much wasted space.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

acksplode posted:

It's my gf's birthday on Saturday and she's already warned me that no Mario will be allowed :( sucks that I have to break up with her now

This is the Switch we’re talking about. With some proper positioning you should still be able to go down on her for her birthday while continuing to play Mario.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

This is actually the answer.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

It doesnt because zelda is overrated

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

RCarr posted:

As previously discussed, Amazon cannot meet their release day shipping promise for Nintendo products.

Just a heads up. Usually when I get that message it still shows up that day, just later than it usually would.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Amazon got it to me by 11. Not sure why they’re inconsistent with others but I’ve never had a problem with preorders through them.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Klisejo posted:

I really wish I could use my pro controller for Odyssey without completely gimping myself.

I’ve used the pro for the entire time and haven’t had any issues. What do you think you’ll miss out on?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why did people think Marth was a boy?

Because he is?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

RIP :cheers:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I um...I found what else brings Mario Odyssey down for some people: (linked thread has spoilers for the ending of the game)

:yikes:

I made the mistake of reading a few pages of that thread. Someone actually said they haven’t done any of the moons where you find Peach in the different kingdoms post-game because he’s upset she was ungrateful for her rescue.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Any recommendations for a switch case that could fit a dock?

Mine barely fits in the dock with just a glass screen protector added so a case might be a tall order.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

My phone sounds better.

Your phone was likely $700+. Not really fair to compare it to a $299 device.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

I don’t know why you guys are complaining about the new MM graphics. I think they look good. :colbert:

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Rexroom posted:

Hello, I'm the one who played Twilight Princess on the Wii and liked the sword play.

I didn’t mind them either, but gently caress Skyward Sword and it’s MotionPlus controls.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Mutant Standard posted:

sure

but could they make the "crazy" elements less awful? i'm sick of getting ink squidded and lightning bolted three times each every round

It sounds like it’s just not the game for you I guess.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

And down that road? A piss poor mini game for a meaningless seed, some horribly unbalanced items, useless crafting parts, piss easy brainless enemies or another numbing little “puzzle” underground. Botw will not be remembered kindly.

Shameful

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Virtual Console comes up a lot but I’ve seen no indicator that Nintendo gives a gently caress about implementing it on the Switch.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

I bought a 3ds on release hoping it would have a snes virtual console at some point :negative:

Limiting SNES to the *New* lineup of 3DS was so dumb. SNES games ran on the GBA and yet it takes an updated CPU to power them on modern hardware? Bullshit.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

SubNat posted:

I've also ordered a Pro Controller, but I assume it's like the WiiU pro controller which only needed a small sprinkling of fairy dust every couple of weeks to keep it charged.

It’s nowhere near the Wii U’s Pro Controller battery life but still very good.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Rabbids won’t be in Smash as a playable character what a bizarre idea.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Bayonetta 2 is coop iirc

He doesn’t want titties though you see.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Well we got the bike so when’s the DLC to get a sick Flying V coming out?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Also, from what I've played of the demo, Project Octopath is cool and good. And has cool and good music.

But man, that name is awful. I know they claim it’s a working title but at this point can they really change it without hurting the name recognition?

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I really wonder if the people who thought the first part of DLC 2 was too hard forgot they still had a bow.

Or disguise masks.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Cave Story?

If you’ve never played it before then sure! Other than that it’s the same old Cave Story.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

gmq posted:

Surprisingly enough it can be cheaper to go physical since stores tend to offer discounts on first party games from time to time while Nintendo (almost) never does in the eShop.

This plus the fact that Nintendo games tend to hold their value more so trading them in can be more lucrative for those few one and done titles.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

This is doing my head in. At a hotel and I bought a game on the room's wifi but it is just sitting on paused. Other updates have come down and I can browse the store. Anyone had this issue?

Sounds like more of a firewall issue with the hotel than a Switch thing.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

My mother in law got me waifu chronicles 2 for christmas :toot: I am excited to play it

The Switch is so cool

How nice that she gave you anime titties for the holidays.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I probably should’ve played BOTW before Mario. I’m finding a lot of it really restricting and frustrating from a movement sense. The stamina meter is irritating. I know you can upgrade it at some point but right now it’s TOO short. Losing stamina from simply swimming is irritating (and you’ll get hurt and sent back to where you were). Losing stamina while running is frustrating, I’d rather Link just move faster by default. Being able to use a fun weapon only temporarily is irritating. Fall damage is always A Thing in 3D Zelda but Mario NOT having it made the game more fun. I want the glider but I can’t have it yet. Apparently the glider requires stamina too.

If you’re already complaining this much and you aren’t even off the plateau then I feel bad for you.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Nintendo Maker

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Decided to get a 64gb SDXC cause gently caress paying $100 for a memory card. It'll be enough for my purposes.

You should have been able to get a good 128gb for around $40.

Edit: Way late and beaten.

Pug Rodeo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 26, 2017

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

FF13’s combat system was cool and good.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Man I thought I was doing good with 15 out of 100 seeds after getting BotW a couple of days ago. There's 900 of the drat things?!

It only takes 441 of them to max your inventory. Other than that all you’re getting is a big golden turd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

The Phantom Armor is nice early on since all its pieces are base armor of 8 when all the other starter gear is much lower. Plus it looks nice.

• Locked thread