Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Anyone who's played Cave Story know if it's possible to ferret out all the secret bits and endings and weapon combinations and such without using a guide? I bought it and got an ending, but it looks like there's more than that to it. I've really enjoyed it, can't believe it's been around this long and i've never played it before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

wuggles posted:

The game takes pains to make you feel bad about things you could have done differently.

For more specific info, you can hold your instruction manual up to the light if you got the physical copy. It helps but it doesn't magically get you the ending because the good ending lies past some of the most stupid hard platforming/shooting I've ever played.

Digital only, but good lord I looked up a video and err yeah I think I'm saving that for when I really want to bang my head against a wall.

Heran Bago posted:

I hope you can find some kind of hint-walkthrough. There's no way a rational person is going to find all the secret weapons and true ending on their own.

Looks like it....at least there are tons of guides out there for when I feel like tackling it.

Thinking of Implosion next or just waiting till Cat Quest comes out...Don't really have the time for an extended Zelda session at the minute, and I keep getting poo poo connections in Mario Kart.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Where the heck is cat quest? It's disappeared from the upcoming games list but it's not on the estore.

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer

nerd_of_prey posted:

Apologies if this has already been posted but Argos UK has preorders of the compendium edition of octopath traveller on pre-order for £31.99, which is cheaper than the regular version on Amazon. Seems like a mistake as this version is 95 quid other places.

Well I ordered it...hope they'll actually honour the price, nice catch there!

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Portal Knights got the adventurers update patch a few days ago apparently....been playing it a bit and it's a definite improvement from before - it's easier to find things, progression feels a bit better and resetting islands has been a godsend. Anyone else picked it back up?

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone picked up the lost child? Reviews were more enthusiastic than I thought so a copy is on it's way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Can't remember who was asking but the Victor Vran port is pretty great so far, no issues and it controls well.

• Locked thread