Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Flip Wars just came out in NA, any EU goons have impressions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

As someone who is very bad at the game, Party Mode in ARMS is fun now that anyone who's halfway decent is in ranked

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I cant wait for pokken. Im extremely over arms

I've barely played ARMS but I have a good time every time I put it on, I'm just extremely bad at every fighting game except for Smash, which has enough platformer/beat-em-up aspects that I can be good it at

I'm probably gonna get Pokken and be bad at that too

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Dizz posted:

ARMS trip report: still waiting on package. It was meant to be sent to me on Monday and now it's "in transit delayed" still with no estimated day for delivery.

If this is from Amazon mail them every day it's late and they'll probably do something for you, I've got second copies of games this way

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

*stumbles into the thread*

STARDEW WHE--

Oh

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Rolo posted:

Any guesses for the next Direct date? Do they typically have one around the holidays to talk about the next year? Random crapshoot with no trends?

Speculating announcements is fun and I really hope 18 is the year of the smash.

There's usually a pre Thanksgiving-ish direct to hype up the early next year lineup to Christmas shoppers.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mahoning posted:

So I just realized that it's been almost 4 years since A Link Between Worlds was released. Nintendo hasn't really ever gone more than 4 years between handheld Zelda releases.

Breath of the Wild came out this year on the handheld system, Nintendo Switch

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ragequit posted:

If you have Amazon Prime you should absolutely pre-order. All Prime pre-orders for video games gets you a 20% discount.

If you're in the Best Buy gamers club thing, I think Odyssey is one of the 20% off + 10 dollar gift certificate games.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I am ready for the Super Mario

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

My guess is 840 moons and they're generally a lot easier to get than traditional stars

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lakbay posted:

I hope the reward for finding all the moons is similar to the one for finding all the korok seeds in botw

Shirtless Mario in every level

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hey here comes a hot fuckin take for you guys

1) Super Paper Mario
2) Color Splash
3) N64
4) 1k Year Door
5) Sticker Star

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ragequit posted:

I just ordered an 18-pack of NFC cards for Breath of the Wild because I saw a Newegg flash deal, what the hell is wrong with me.

What the hell wrong with you is that you're a dirty Amiibo thief :colbert:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I wouldn’t get anything less than a 128, this should give you the most bang for your buck.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0143IISD0

If you can hold out, Black Friday sales are coming and these will all go mega cheap.

do not buy this, the switch takes micro sds

actually, don't buy any flash memory from amazon at all since the stock is probably polluted with third party seller counterfeits

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have had a 100% success rate over the years but I only buy ones that are directly from Amazon and I only buy brands I've already heard of.

So just don't risk it to save a few bucks and you should be fine is what I'm saying.

I also purchase direct from Amazon and once got a fake SanDisk because of co-mingling, only found out when it failed and I went to SanDisk for warranty repair. Since then I run them through a utility that checks the authenticity of a card.

That said I'm buying a 200 GB from them right now because them prices, so welp

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If you wear the wedding dress on a beach level can you see Mario's nipples through the dress

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I cannot stop thinking about the Super Mario

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

When I close my eyes, all I can see is the glorious face of the Super Mario

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I played a bit of the Super Mario yesterday at Target and now my demand for the Italian Plumber is reaching frighteningly​ high levels

You can do so many sick moves with Cappy and I want to master them all

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I love every hair of the Super Mario's mustache

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

what, wasnt it working awhile back? they added it for the pokken pads and poo poo. i remember videos, in this thread (or the other one) where people were trying it with that tetris game. all it was doing was turning the stick into a d-pad and half of the games didnt work right.

The pokken pads are just regular old USB gamepads

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

il-landier posted:

Good things come to those who befriend their retailers

I have been devoted to the Super Mario all my life and he chooses to shine his light upon another

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Indulging in the fantasy that these are all real, I hope the Little Mac comment means we're getting a new Punch-Out. That one on the Wii came out in 2009 (!!!)

New Punch-Out wouldn't be until 2019 at the earliest, ARMS is actually still doing really well and Nintendo wouldn't want to stop that momentum

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Calling the spinoff right now - survival focused Zelda. People loving loved Eventide and survival games are extremely in vogue right now. Maybe even multiplayer?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

100 Links of various sizes and hair colors parachute onto an island.

I was thinking smaller scale and more an emphasis on surviving, kinda like the Survival DLC for The Division, but this works too

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

It's fake RIP kid icarus switch, taken from us too soon

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

enojy posted:

What was that tweet?

a lie

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I'm the only Switch owner that doesn't care about Odyssey because of my broken brain. I am hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

I feel sorry for you, not having the light of the Super Mario in your life. Instead, your heart is filled with lust for the depraved Anime. I will pray for you

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Bob A Feet posted:

What’s the advantage of getting a physical SMO copy versus just downloading it? Does it come with one of those amibo toy things

Cheaper if you have Amazon Prime or Best Buy Gamers Club. Especially Gamers Club, 20% off, 10 dollar gift certificate, and a coin embossed with the likeness of the Super Mario himself

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I still own Super Mario Galaxy 2 on disk in case the Wii U download doesn't work at some point in the future and I want to go back and play the greatest game of all time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They aren't. They have two guys who are Brothers who are good at comedy and half the time their polygon content isn't even funny either.

The other half of the time it's Mother loving Monster Factory :c00l:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

deadly_pudding posted:

Cool Games Inc was incredibly good, yeah. I also like the thing there Pat and Allegra watch and rate all the cutscenes from a franchise while the chat yells at them.

I don't go to Polygon for any actual games journalism.

CGI and car boys were great but I just try to forget they existed now :smith:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

yea i've listened to the most recent like... 150-ish episodes of MBMBaM, haven't wandered toooooo far back because i hear early episodes are kinda rough. adventure zone is good too but haven't listened to the start of the new season yet.

mcelroys own

just like the switch

The early mbmbam's aren't that bad, there's some more mean spirited goofing like the episode where they just absolutely dunk on furries, it's nothing too outrageous if you post on the something awful forums. If you really wanna avoid the chaff, go as far back as 100, you'll get the best of episodes for the early days that way too

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Someone teach me how to enjoy Breath of the Wild. I've played about 15-20 hours and it's still not hooking me.

Just do the craziest dumbest poo poo you can think of all the time

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

That gets boring fast. I miss a sense of progression. You have all your abilities 30 minutes into the game. How is this supposed to stretch for 100 hours?

I've watched several people who play the game by abusing bombs as much as possible and hoarding all their weapons, that's about a billion times more boring to seeing if you can kill those bokoblins by cutting down a tree and knocking the tree into the bokoblins using stasis

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Night Blade posted:

I didn't enjoy the sparse boring world, the weapon hoarding and the mostly mindless enemies that barely posed a threat. Also, the bosses sucked and there were no proper dungeons aside from the thief hideout.

this is your own brain being too afraid to use a virtual sword because what if you need it later????????

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

a.lo posted:

where are reviews for mario hat game

here's one that just broke embargo

https://i.imgur.com/xHQaZbr.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

JackDarko posted:

Does anyone have an example of a great video game review? I have never actually read one.

here's an example of a good video game review for the greatest game of all time, Super Mario Galaxy 2

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Amazon hasn't shipped GOTC Mario Odiseeye and I'm super nervous that they will gently caress it up like they keep loving up all my other orders.

worst case scenario:

buy it at walmart on release day

complain to amazon about your package being late and get a free month of prime

when you get your discounted copy a couple days late, return it to walmart because gently caress em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Odyssey got the first 6/5 get ready for the first 100+% metacritic game

• Locked thread