Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
When is Tokyo Mirage 2 coming out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I just really want more games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I hope Nintendo and Atlus deliver.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I just beat I am Setsuna and enjoyed it for what it was. I don't know that I want any more of that though, not when Octopath is on the horizon. That demo ruled hard.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Speaking of Atlus, I hope they commit to the Switch the way they did to the 3DS. I want to see some kind of successor to EO, maybe an entry in the Devil Survivor series, a sequel or successor to TMS if possible (I highly doubt I'd pick up a port or "Gold" edition unless there was substantial additions and QOL improvements), and who knows maybe an original IP?

Atlus was basically why I owned a 3DS.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

DalaranJ posted:

EO5 comes out for 3DS in a week. So there's gonna be a wait in store for this one.

Oh for sure and I'll almost certainly pick that up, but there will undoubtedly be something in that series coming in the next couple of years.

KingSlime posted:

Between that and their vague comment about how the next EO would not feature a map on the second screen, it's happening. I am ready. We'll probably be waiting some time though.

My friends and I were chatting about this and apparently there's a stand to set your Switch vertically like a tablet. You could then use a stylus on the screen for mapping and have the controllers be separate. Obviously this is table mode only. So it's possible, but if Atlus has already said they're dropping the mapping then that's that.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I could see it being horizontal but divided into two halves, one with an auto-map and one where you're actually looking. That would work in handheld or in TV mode.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Sonic Mania was good but my big takeaway was that I just want Mean Bean Machine on VC. I have Puyopuyo Tetris but it's just not the saaaaame.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Speaking of Switch joycon connectivity issues, mine find the system just find but as soon as a stiff breeze comes between the console and the joycons, they lose connectivity for a second. Is this not normal?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Tender Bender posted:

This sounds like the connection problem. Call Nintendo, they fix it quickly and easily.

I don't think there's any official Nintendo support in Thailand unfortunately. The controllers work fine in handheld mode. I might just pick up a pro controller and forget about it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
With Battle Chasers delayed forever I was worried I wouldn't have a jrpg to bring with me for my Christmas travels to kill long flights so Romancing SaGa 2 is great news!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I don't think I've ever read a Ben Kuchera article where at the end of it I felt like I had read anything of value. Didn't he write the article about how amazing the Ouya was when he was sitting in a hotel room just running emulators off of it? And then he got fired from Penny Arcade?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Lodin posted:

Now I have no idea how Wasteland 2 would run on a console and I know certain folks who played it on PC don't like it... But that's a drat good game.

It's almost certainly a must buy for me. If the controls are wonky I'll get over it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So if I really like turn based games is Steamworld Heist going to scratch that itch?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Argue posted:

I would say so. How does a side-scrolling XCOM where the gimmick is richocheting bullets like you're Revolver Ocelot sound to you? Lengthwise, I'd say it's about 25-30 hours to get everything, depending on how long you tend to agonize over your aim, I guess.

So it's part puzzle as well? That does sound pretty good.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I already beat Mario X-Com so this should be the next best thing.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I've thoroughly enjoyed the last couple of hours of Steamworld Heist. I just beat the Big Rig challenge mission. I had about 20 enemies chasing me by the time I evacuated. Good times.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

veni veni veni posted:

So now that DK tropical freeze is coming to switch, what other worthwhile Wii U poo poo is still yet to be confirmed? Captain Toad Mario Maker, and Mario 3D world?

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Did tropical freeze have waggle control? I remember hating that in one of the DK games. Like, there are so many buttons, why can't you map roll to one of them.

No waggle that I remember as that wasn't really a primary feature of the Wii U. You can play it with the Gamepad just fine.

Frankston posted:

So tropical freeze is legitimately good? I could never tell if people were sarcastically praising it.

My only issue with Tropical Freeze is how loving long the boss fights are. Sure, they give you hearts throughout the fight, but if you die on the third or fourth stage of the boss, you have to go all the way back to the beginning. Often when I got to a boss, I'd just put the game down for a few days because I didn't want to deal with it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My kid is going to love the poo poo out of Labo and hopefully the cardboard will be cheap to replace when he loves the poo poo out of them until he's torn them to pieces.

veni veni veni posted:

Just one honest to god question, and then I'll go away and stop making fun of the cardboard thing I promise.

What is the difference between Labio and all of the plastic pos Wii peripherals that everyone grew to hate a few years ago, aside from looking not durable at all, costing way more, and having a vaguely empowering marketing scheme that tries to convince you that you are really creative for playing with it?

Those were peripherals for other games and often didn't work as intended, mostly because Wii motion controls honestly weren't that good or precise. These are two games designed around specific pack in peripherals that are designed specifically to work with that game (or really "software" since there may not be "game" aspects to them). It's much closer to the mouse from Mario Paint or the instruments from Guitar Band Hero.

Part of the fun for these is literally in the construction and decoration of the cardboard peripherals and finding unique ways to interact with them.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I can just throw random cardboard at my kid and he'd probably enjoy that for a bit and build a fort or whatever.

That's not the same as given him a kit that ends with a functional piano.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Samurai Sanders posted:

I didn’t grow up with this stuff and I’m not a parent so maybe I’m missing something but I have nfc how any but the most organized and attentive parents could be keeping their kids from watching YouTube unsupervised for hours a day.

Don't give kids access to devices? Don't give your kids the WiFi password? Take the router with you when you aren't at home?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Astro7x posted:

After reading up on it more tonight, the only thing I am disappointed with is that it seems like the variety kit and robot kit come with their own game software, rather than just a generic Labo software cartridge that is updated with DLC for each kit. So I think we can expect each new kit beyond these two to also come with their own cartridge.

Will be interesting to see if they do a eShop download that works with the refill kits, or if we will really need a individual cartridge for each toycon kit.

It depends entirely on if those cartridges are full of good and unique software/games for each item or are just basic controls. The robot game could be a full, 20 hour experience with online multiplayer. And with 5 or whatever different gadgets in the multipack, you could potentially have hours and hours of content on the cart. But again we don't really know at this point.

How many levels of fishing are there? How many motorbike courses? How much can you do with the house?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
As a parent I'm 100% spending money on this.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Should have summoned back the fire witch to the court of the crimson ki~ing

I appreciated this.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So is Battlechasers ever getting a Switch release?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Does anyone at all care about Lost Sphear?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

ColdPie posted:

Are there any good rear end classic style RPGs on this thing? Think turn based, like old FF or Earthbound or whatever. Preferably without twelve year olds with anime titties. Octopath isn't out yet.

I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear are true to form if not inspiring.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm about 6 hours into Mercenary Sagas. Overall it's pretty enjoyable and I'm impressed they were able to pack this much content into what was originally a feature phone release (Japanese feature phones must have been amazing). My only complaint is how bad the translation is, but it's almost charming really. It's like the 90s.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Aquasnake posted:

Should I buy Disgaea 5 to scratch a tactics itch, or wait an unknown amount of time for Fire Emblem to be announced and released?

Get Mercenaries Saga Chronicles. It's basically FFT-light and is relatively cheap. There's a ton of content for being a port of a mobile game so it should keep you busy.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

repiv posted:

When are they porting Commander Keen to the Switch

I'd so play this.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm having trouble linking it from my phone, but the Battle Chasers Nightwar dev has confirmed that they've submitted their build to Nintendo, so it should have a release date soon.

I seem to remember mixed reviews here, but the game is so pretty and I've been waiting for the Switch version to pick it up myself

Awesome. I've been looking forward to this.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Every time I see the title "Disc Jam" I just wish that there was an updated version of Ricochet on the Switch.

Man that was a cool game.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Alan_Shore posted:

Steam Heist is really good, I'm super into it

It's really good. Let's hope for a sequel.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a Fire Emblem or other similar strategy game on this yet besides Mario & Rabbids? Suddenly jonesin'

There's the Mercenary game collection, but I got bored of it after like 10-15 hours. There's Disgaea 5, but that's a really tough series to get into. There are supposed to be some decent tactical/strategies games coming soon though.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm enjoying DOOM a lot, but I still mostly use the twin stick controls. Gyro controls are mostly for fine tuned aiming. I'm just not used to swinging my arm around to get the most out of it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Infinitum posted:

Protip you can use a Keyboard+Mouse for Doom

Not on my laptop you can't.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Switch needs Devil Survivor 3. That would make it the perfect system. But only if it was more like DS1 in tone and we just pretended DS2 didn't happen.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I'm having so much fun with DOOM and now all I want on the system is another high-octane FPS and failing that an FPS port.

Good lord when you rip the heart out of a gore nest and then the guitars start chugging and demons start teleporting in, there's nothing better than that.

Is the new Wolfenstein anywhere near this good? I remember hearing that it was a bit over-hyped.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
My kid just turned two and I'm stoked for Labo.

We've started potty training. So much piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Gnumonic posted:

Is that Mercenaries SaGa bundle any good? I've been playing FF Tactics/Tactics Ogre again on emulators but I'd really like an SRPG (that isn't Disgaea - I like Disgaea but I put ~100 hours into it on PS4 and I can't do the grind again) to burn some time on the bus.

It's fine but you'll get bored in like 10 hours or less.

• Locked thread