Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
hey nerds i want a switch

is it still a "jump on any opportunity because GOOD LUCK" situation, or can I walk into most stores and hopefully find one?

I'm in Austin and uhh so far everything I've checked seems out of stock :/

There's some on ebay for like $350 but I'd like to pay MSRP if possible cuz ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

JackDarko posted:

This morning you had a good chance of getting the Splatoon Switch Bundle at Walmart. They had a lot of stock. Don't know what your shot is moving forward.

ehh i'd rather hold out for a regular bundle or a zelda bundle

guess I'll try calling around tomorrow, see what's up

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

raditts posted:

PM me if you're still looking for one.

I've got no pms because I'm a loser! But yes I'm still hoping to snag one!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

raditts posted:

Email me at my name at Gmail then, I hook a brotha up.

Sweet, thanks!

Done n done

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I was concerned about the lack of replayability but to be honest I finish few enough games as it is that replayability is basically a vestigial concern nowadays.

Yeah this is also why I don't care about collecting like I used to. I never really go back to anything anymore and frankly there's so much coming out that I would like to keep up with but just can't.

On that note, I decided to fully wrap up persona 5 before I sell my PS4 and get a switch, I don't need to spend money on more games until I clear out a little more backlog!

I'll def be gunning to get one before Mario hits though as I can't imagine that will do any favors to the whole not in stock situation.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
How weird

there's a ton of second hand switches on eBay selling for imo very reasonable prices, implying that the demand has stabilized (as well as a truckload of new ones selling for at most $50 over msrp lol)

yet every store in a 40 mile radius around me in austin is sold out

"lowly times these are"

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ahahaha hope you speculating dorks love style boutique 3

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i sure don't see any space for cool new surprise announcements here y'all

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
wow mario kart has a ton of courses

why does it have so many courses???

i am not complaining btw this just seems excessively generous

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

everything ported from the wii u so far has had all dlc includee

ohhh thats right, good deal

drat and i remember people bitching about it being full price near release :lol:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
hmm so the pooch arrangement for the joycons isn't bad, but I'm gonna want a pro controller aren't I?

also the portable to console gimmick is way loving cooler in person than I ever imagined, I mostly wanted it for portable but this is pretty fuckin' neat too

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Pro Controller is really comfortable and well worth a buy.

yeah pooch mode doesn't feel anywhere near as good as DS4

plus, i'll have 3 controllers now for multiplayer goodness so yep I think I'll be picking up a pro controller this weekend

the joy con idea is a little silly but it's great that the console basically comes bundled with 2 controllers

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love the diorama look it has, I'd kill for more games that look like this.

yeah this HD 2D bullshit is great, I'm a huge fan so far

seconding a 2D zelda like game in this style stat

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
i myself am picking up Zelda this weekend, pretty god damned hyped

as well as one "smaller" title to fill out my Starter Pack of Botw, Mario Kart, and downloadable game

thinking of going with mighty gunvolt burst or shovel knight, though I already played SK in other platforms and it is notably pricier than MG

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

I guess for people like me who have like ten minutes of free time a day, Gamefly doesn't really work out so well

You don't say

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Times! posted:

I don't think the Switch's battery life will do well with Netflix. Am I wrong?

Itll be passable like another poster mentioned.

Just as important is the fact that you can use it docked and toss random tv whenever without having to switch device or input on the TV, move to another room etc

Always a solid option to have when you have company over or whatever

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
wow so i bought this to be my vita 2.0 but i find myself playing zelda docked

it's such a gorgeous game despite not having the best textures or highest resolution and I would rather eat it up on my big rear end screen vs tiny handheld mode

actually handheld mode is awesome too, but docked is glorious especially when roaming arond in a new area

this game is literally about climbing poo poo in the wilderness and referencing a map, god drat nintendo you shook up the formula in the best possible way

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Who is watching switch Netflix in this example

me + guests, have you never had friends over?

sometimes you wanna play a round or two of a game, then your mate mentions a funny video so you switch over to youtube to check that poo poo out, or maybe you wanna pop on a show while you have a bowl with them

this is just one of a million scenarios where having the option is convenient

drat what's up with a bunch of bitch rear end posters getting pissy over an extra feature that has zero detriments to their switch experience? what makes you this way

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
typing out a few sentences on the internet is having a cow? lol

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Press the input button on your controller then press the Chromecast button on your phone where the video is queued up.

yeah that is also definitely an option as well

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
plus it sets the precedent for more apps

there's something elegant about the super minimalist UI sure but it feels weird given that predecessing portables were more versatile as the mini computers that they are

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
That's a complete non issue for anyone posting on video game forums more than likely

Rabbids looks cool but Mario Kart is chock full of content and a gold standard Nintendo title

I got Zelda plus Mario Kart as my inagural titles and it's such a fantastic package, I'm curious about rabbids and will eventually play it because it looks great but I doubt it comes close to these new nintendo classics

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

If you have people to play locally with, Kart is a game that will never get old. It is a game that makes the portability worth it alone and tempts me constantly to get a second dock.

Hell yeah, that plus the switch being bundled with two "controllers" made Mario kart a no brainier for me

Also why I chose digital for MK. I might sell Zelda once I get my fill but sheeeit I'm gonna have MK perma installed on my switch forever and ever because multiplayer and online

Where's smash Bros dx??

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah I didn't wanna be mean but it really sounds like a personal problem.

It's not really a tall order for any half coordinated human over the age of 8, let alone someone who has played these games for over 100 hours as we ARE talking about a Nintendo car game here...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Not under the radar but Binding of Isaac is really good and so is the Switch port.

that price point though ugh

i do want it, as well as every other dumb game that ive already beat in other platforms (looking at you, shovel knight and cave story gently caress god drat it i'm gonna blow so much cash on dumb digital games)

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
btw where the hell is nuclear throne???

E: oh gently caress picross switch comes out in the US next week? i chose the perfect time to snag a switch yesssssssss

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 21, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
hmm phsyical BoI used isnt a bad idea but also I feel like it's the type of game I should always have installed

that makes the price tag a bit less daunting

also i know its prob years away but I can't wait for SMT on Switch, currently playing SMTIVA and it is good

i'm loving the emphasis on specialized monsters rather than jack of all trades cuz yeah first game i always had everyone fully loaded

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Kins posted:

The game engine Nuclear Throne uses (Game Maker Studio) does not currently have a Switch exporter, and it was the first game where Vlambeer did all the ports themselves instead of paying someone to completely rebuild the game in another engine.

uuuugh that loving sucks, i love me some nuclear throne

also, from soft needs to get on a Dark Souls I and II pack or release or something

I wonder if it could handle DS3? Lowering specs on that still leaves an impressive looking game so maybe

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh yeah between zelda and mk i'm set for another month or two

also smtiva

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ahhn steamworld dig 1 was fun if a bit simple

i might be down to clown with 2

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It would probably be slightly less aggravating if you could rearrange icons

The 3ds could do this since launch what's up with the lack of basic fundamental and super easy to integrate features?

Not a big deal but I'd love to tuck my lamer looking games into a folder when using the switch socially etc

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Beastie posted:

I don't have kids and make decent money so I own Xbox, PS4, and Switch.

Don't really have the space for a pc rig.

Haven't turned on PS4 in a few weeks. Use my Switch almost everyday, and use my Xbox whenever my girlfriend goes out of town for work.

Same it's not about the money to me

Having stuff is you don't need is annoying whereas clutter free spaces really really own

having dedicated computers just to play a few exclusives dips too close into hoarder territory for me

When was the last time you actually booted up your dusty og Xbox? Etc

E: sp

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 21, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Oh no that sounds terrible

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
any news or clues as to when RL drops by the way

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Of all the games to give a poo poo what it looks like, this loving idiot picks Rocket League.

This is what we call a classic overreaction

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Just saying, the dude elaborated on specifics don't freak out on him in some weird defensive backlash

I personally am going to love RL on switch and won't be bothered by lowered specs but it's still interesting to me to see what compromises were made cuz I don't tie my self esteem to the video game consoles I own 👌👉👍

I hope I can match with steam players then it would truly be the ultimate version of RL!!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't really want a new Smash mostly because the last Smash nearly killed Sakurai :ohdear:

Err you know they replace him with a new Sakurai every three years after the current one expires, right?

Think Taco Bell Chihuahua

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Things I discovered. Drunk Mario Kart is amazing, but I suck at drinking and driving. Now I just need friends, so we can all play drunk Mario Kart.

Things I discovered: drunk video gaming is so amazing that I may have created an addiction loop during the last 36 months and can't play without beer :smith:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Policenaut posted:

many of them people don't even realize were Kickstarter games.

This is definitely the biggest sign of a successful Kickstarter imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
yep, don't buy games right when they drop, especially if there are no reviews or actual gameplay footage yet!

granted its an e-shop game so the risk is minimal but still a good principle to live by i think

me after having not made a single disappointing gaming purchase in years:

:smug:

also zelda loving owns god drat

• Locked thread