Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

VideoGames posted:

I feel like my Kirby avatar is one of the best Kirby avatars on the site.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

GoldfishStew posted:

What good games came out for ps4 in the last 6 months?

Yakuza 0, Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Crash trilogy, Wipeout collection off the top of my head of we're only talking exclusives, plenty more if we include multiplatform stuff

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Have they released a controller with a d pad that doesn't suck yet?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sony dpads are terrible.

Wrong. DS4 dpad is great. Switch pro controller dpad sucks and the joycon buttons are not a dpad.

Is there any way to hook up a SNES mini controller to a switch? They came from a time when Nintendo could do dpads

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Rufio posted:

Sorry goons but EDF is an unoptimized trash game and nowhere near perfect for switch.

EDF is amazing and it wouldn't be EDF without terrible performance, so therefore would be perfect for the switch

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

RIP horizon as your favorite game about 10 minutes after you start BOTW

I preferred horizon to botw. horizon had a really good main storyline, whereas botw's was non-existant.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Zerilan posted:

Story in Horizon was pretty up and down for me, and didn't care for most of the back story stuff.

The tribal politics stuff I just found to be just okay, but once you got to meridian and started investigating why the world went to poo poo, I found all that stuff great.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

How the gently caress do I put bait on my fishing rod in the switch version of stardew? Does it not work on the first rod or something?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

KingSlime posted:

How's the pro controller with steam? I kinda want it but if it doesn't play well with steam I'd rather save my money

I tried it once and from what I remember it worked kinda bad, it's directinput only and you have to connect it over Bluetooth, don't think it will send data to a pc over the usb cable. Plus it has no analogue triggers and the dpad sucks.

Went straight back to the ds4

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

When you first start playing botw it seems all new and amazing and there's all these neat systems that interact with each other, and then you get about 10 hours in and realise it's just the same stuff over and over with little to no plot to tie it all together and drive you forward, fighting in the open world is just a drain on your resources and there's virtually never any reason to do it, the dungeons suck and side quest rewards are mostly useless.

If they made a zelda game with the same engine but with an actual storyline and proper dungeons that would be sweet.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Here is my zelda hot take:

People fall in one of two camps, either they know and accept that botw is the greatest zelda ever made, or they are salty that their favorite zelda has been absolutely and definitively dethroned by the new zelda which takes a lot of what they like about their previous favorite and changed it or outright threw it out.

Run all zelda takes through this lens and they all make much more sense.

Na I just found it pretty boring after a while and had no motivation to carry on playing as the story was so weak.

Mario Odyssey is much better IMO, that game is just plain fun.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

I have a 10 year old child and there's no loving way I'd waste £50+ on some cardboard jesus

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/jaredr/status/953752372232122369

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

What exclusives are coming out for the switch this year? I have Bayonetta 1+2 pre-ordered

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This thread defends the dumbest stuff, Nintendo's online is garbage, and expecting people to pay for garbage (even if it is only $20) is a joke

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Can you party chat if you pay this $20? Or do you have to use some terrible smartphone app if you want to talk to people, and then only in certain games?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Maybe you don't but if you're gonna charge for your online services they should provide basic functionality that's been around since the 360/PS3 days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

Healbot posted:

Agreed, put more streaming services on Switch and behind the online pass pay wall.

As far as I'm aware you've never needed ps+ to access any of the streaming services.

• Locked thread