Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Should I preorder Mario Odyssey? I dont care about any bonuses, just making sure I can buy it ASAP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I dont want to preorder from Amazon because they deliver to my house around 7pm and half the time I order stuff from Prime, it arrives a day or two later than the guaranteed delivery date anyway. I'll just go to gamestop

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

That loving tower. I spent probably half an hour clearing a path to it, only for a drat blood moon to occur while I was making my approach to start climbing. Had to re-kill so many enemies. :argh:
I just made a run for it and managed to dodge the wizards while I climbed

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Oh poo poo check out this juicy tidbit from an interview:

Interviewer: After playing Super Mario Odyssey, I noticed the structure of the levels and the search for Power Moons were reminiscent of the sandbox system of Breath of the Wild. Was there any contact between both teams regarding this?

Satoru Takizawa: Actually no, when it comes to exchanging about the game, we didn’t really have that kind of contact. I have an example, by the way: Motokura-san, the director of Super Mario Odyssey, came to see us a month after the release of Breath of the Wild and told me: “Takizawa-san, you really overdid it with your game”. And I wondered what he was talking about. And then he explained to me that our game was so rich and complete that it made things difficult for him. The bottom line is there’s an influence between us when our games are released, but not so much during development.

That being said, when he came to tell me this, I saw in his eyes that he was very confident in his Super Mario Odyssey, and was determined to beat us now.

http://starlingclubs.info/zelda-breath-wild-devs-heros-path-mode-added-dlc-timeline/

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Is Mario Kart 8 worth getting if I don't know how often I'll play multiplayer? I'm currently living with my mom and soon moving with my dad to Colorado. At neither places will there be much of a decent speed internet connection

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The less Super Mario Odyssey was influenced by Breath of the Wild, the better, honestly.

I want Mario Cooking

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

enojy posted:

I'm going to Best Buy's Mario Odyssey event tomorrow for more Mario demo (maybe something new besides the current demo?) and a pack of stickers I'll never touch. I'll be one of two awkward adults there, but at least I'll be the attractive one that's well-dressed and in shape and not... that other guy.

why

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

the game is out in a week. dont go to that you weirdo

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Papers please is so boring

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought the point was simulating the experience of crushing despair and cynicism.

And what's the point of that when you're living in 2017 and the planet is dying

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why won't this let me play it it's 12:02 Eastern 10/27, people on my friends list are playing it

probably the servers being overloaded

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

now imon after sleep moding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

When is the next big blockbuster game on the Switch? Like on the level of BOTW and Odyssey?

• Locked thread