Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Getting Splatoon 2 digital because I want to be able to load it up whenever I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

strap on revenge posted:

my switch has a bunch of scuffs on the edges of the screen from sliding it in and out of the dock so just get a screen protector

Or just never dock it

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

What are the chances of Mario + Rabbids going on sale in a few weeks like every other Ubisoft game?

Fly with me posted:

I hope they bring DLC out for it.

There is a $20 season pass with one bit of story DLC planned. The rest is weapons and challenges.

the truth fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 4, 2017

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

It makes me so sad that Bloodborne, the greatest game ever created, is going to be forever stuck on Sony platforms I'll never own. :smith:

Just buy a PS4 if you want it so much. You can also check out Horizon, The Last Of Us, and Uncharted.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Persona is the only SMT series I have played. Probably spent 300 hours on those games. Good stuff.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Guacamayo posted:

I hope we get a 3D World rerelease on the Switch. miau :3

You just reminded me that I never beat that super secret final level, and that I probably never will.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Where is my loving SHOVELWARE?

No shovelware, just shovel knight.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

You can't romance the homeless old man in Stardew Valley. It's ruining my immersion.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I have a glitch in Stsrdew Valley that makes me unable to stop playing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I have no idea how to fish!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Sometimes when I'm playing Breath of the Wild I'll just walk along paths instead of trying to clamber all over the place. It's really cool how they visually distinguish paths that get used a lot versus paths that have fallen out of use versus the grander walkways of pre-calamity hyrule.

I have played BOTW almost twice (beat it on WiiU, got it again on Switch and explored the map but didn’t do any dungeons because I didn’t want the lasers) and have almost never used the paths.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The last game was so good. It’s too bad it’s coming out the same day as Mario.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Ventana posted:

Yeah I love 3D world a lot but the last mystery house is kinda bullshit with how long it is having no checkpoints and each section is it's own "gotcha!" challenge. Took me a lot longer than Champion's Road tbh (though Champion's Road was a lot more fun).

I will never beat Champion’s Road. I am weak.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

No the stuff like her being an incredibly APATHETIC maid/hooker you can hire and date is the best.

Also having the option to tell her she is a bad person/teacher.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Looking forward to Hyrule Warriors 2.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

GreenNight posted:

I haven't played a 3D Mario game since Sunshine and man I got rusty.

You owe it to yourself to play Galaxy

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Do you think these things are gonna be rare again around the holidays?

I don’t know, but I have seen more in stock today than I have since launch.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Top Gun posted:

Is it possible to 100% the worlds BEFORE getting to the final boss? Like in Super Mario 64?

No. You need to beat the story. The bulk of the game is actually after the credits.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Rolo posted:

I loved trying (and failing) to 100% SM64. Sounds like this game is right up my alley.

I’m not a typically obsessive or compulsive person, but I have always been a bit of a completionist when it comes to video games unless it has poor design or requires pointless grinding.

SMO has wonderful design and no grinding, but I don’t think I will be completing this game anytime soon. There is just so much. You can easily get hundreds of moons because so many are out in plain sight, but in almost every level there are at least a dozen (or some multiple of that) hidden challenges.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

100%ing SMO seems really feasible, whereas going for all 900 of those korok seeds seems like an exercise in frustration

I would never go for all of the Korok seeds. I didn’t even max out my gear slots or find all of the shrines because so many of them were just lame combat trials.

I anticipate that I will eventually 100% SMO, but now that I am into the post-game I anticipate taking it a bit slower.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Zelder posted:

I'm the maniac that likes Odyssey better than botw

BOTW has some bad design decisions (especially rain limiting climbing with no gear to counter it despite there being an abundance of unique outfits) and disappointing decisions (few dungeons, bad dungeons other than Hyrule Castle, disappointing final boss, and sparse story with bad voice acting). I still loved it, beat it on WiiU and put in more than 40 hours on the Switch, but it was so different from other Zelda games that it easily could have been a new IP. Second time around I am just exploring the map at my own pace and skipping the story altogether. I am looking forward to seeing where the series goes from here.

SMO is densely packed platforming perfection. It’s so good that I didn’t even notice it was missing some key series staples that may or may not be addressed in the post-game. The camera can be problematic and there should have been more Bowser levels, but it’s a solid experience that caters to many different play styles. I don’t even want DLC because I want them to get to work right away on Odyssey 2, maybe even featuring some Galaxy mechanics.

Nothing wrong with preferring SMO. It’s still early, but I think I do, too.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Your Computer posted:

felt like they had lost some of their charm to me (15 years since a 3D Mario like 64/Sunshine,

Did you not play Galaxy or Galaxy 2? 3D World was also surprisingly solid, but I know most people skipped WiiU.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I was planning on getting Doom this weekend, but it’s full price? It’s been $20 max on other platforms for months. Ugh. I was ready to pay $30 for the convenience of having it on a portable.

Skyrim is tempting as I have never played it, but I also have a PSVR and Black Friday is around the corner so there might be some deals.

On another note, do SMO, Mario + Rabbids, or Splatoon 2 look better in docked mode? I have only used my Switch as a portable, and wasn’t sure if I have missed anything.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

doesn't Bandai Namco publish FROM stuff like dark souls? ...are FROM doing metroid?

because i can't imagine bandai namco doing metroid prime 4 and what that would be like unless from are doing. my hype might have died from these 100% real rumours.

Chozo and Metroids would fit in pretty well in Yharnam lore. There is even a Mother Brain.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

I hope xenoblade 2 is going to be good

Did you play the first one? I really wanted to like it but couldn’t get into it. I come back to it every few months but never make much progress.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Dizz posted:

Zelda Maker but it's actually 3D

Building dungeons and putting them into BOTW

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Beat all puzzles No Assist in both Picross and Mega Picross. Feels good.

I never use hints, but only some of my levels have a no assist badge. Any idea what’s up with that?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I guess I am six years late, but I am finally playing Skyrim on the Switch and it looks great on the small screen.

I have only used my Switch in handheld mode and it makes gaming so much more enjoyable for me because I can put it down and resume with ease. I like my PS4, but at this point I will strongly consider getting multi-platform games on the Switch. I wish I had Witcher 3, GTA V, and Shadow of the Colossus on this thing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am playing Skyrim for the first time, and after discovering that I am a Dragonborn I got a letter from a “friend.” Found the place in some mountain range, fought another dragon outside, and then everything else happened. This is a fun game.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Was fighting a dragon when I noticed that out of nowhere a random dead dragon appeared. I looted it and got a dragon soul, too.

Why were people so crazy about Lydia when this came out? All she can do is carry my loot and fight a little bit. She never has poo poo to say.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Didn't they make a patch that made her talk less frequently AND give her lines that sounded less annoyed?

No clue, but she often does sound annoyed when I give her stuff to carry. Can’t blame her - that dragon loot is heavy.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

leekster posted:

I just bought the Odyssey bundle! Really loving my Switch so far! Any must haves I should get on the E Shop?

Picross S if you’re into it and Stardew Valley

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Bayonetta basically being an official Nintendo character at this point is just fantastic.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Macaluso posted:

The shrines are good, the world is bad

What the gently caress?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

I think I'm gonna shelve bayonetta until I move into my new place, I'm gonna get a new TV when I do. There's been some really cool spectacle even just in the first few chapters that I think would be really impressive if I wasn't playing on a poo poo tv.

It's a fuckin sweet game though.

Lmao just you wait, you haven’t seen anything yet.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

JackDarko posted:

I was not excited for Mario Tennis and now I’m too excited for Mario Tennis. I’m going to watch BORG/MCENROE every day until it’s out I guess.

Watch some Navratilova matches from back in the day. Technique and power.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Which Mario Tennis character will yell at the chair umpire the most

Waluigi

why is this even a question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Oh man, Lumines comes out on Tuesday and it’s only $15. Definitely getting that again.

• Locked thread