Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Will the switch charge from any old USB power adapter or does it need to be a high power one? I have lots of old iPad chargers I was hoping to use on a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

[quote="“Nuts and Gum”" post="“476878619”"]
Is Golf Story a remake of an old classic or is this some new thing?
[/quote]

It's new. And good. You should get it if you want to spend a few hours chilling at a golf course. I love how laid back it is.

Completely agree about the speech bubbles. The little movements and animations convey so much more emotion than you'd normally get out of a 2d rpg like this.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I love my joycon charging grip. Reason being I have two sets of joycons. The ones that came with the system I never remove. I have the charging grip plugged into the dock and when I wanna play with seperate joycons I get mine outta there and put them back.

I also have a pro controller, and I know it's odd but I tend to go 33/33/33 between grip, pro, and left hand right hand. Sometimes I prefer the grip, sometimes I prefer the pro, sometimes I want to really feel the rumble.

I was surprised at how comfortable it was using the joycons split. I have fairly bad rsi so have to limit play sessions but not having to have both my hands together in front of me seems to make it much more pleasant. I just let my arms flop to the side and it’s real nice. The big thumb sticks on the pro controller are really good too so I switch back and forwards. Can’t do marokart on anything but the pro controller though. Using the shoulder and trigger buttons so much is just too painful on the joycons

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Yeah it’s on the Australian iOS store. My girlfriend is playing it now. Pretty major screw up, they weren’t intending to release it this early right?

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

JackDarko posted:

I can’t adjust the display on my 4K TV so the UI goes off screen. Other than that the game looks OK. The art direction does a lot for it.

Pls don’t adjust the setting on your switch, there should be some way to disable overscan on your tv. Search for your tv model or just post it here if you can’t find a guide.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Nintendo really did nail the user switching and game launching ui concepts on the Switch. Having a user logged in like on a PC just doesn’t make sense on a console considering you’re really only there to do one or two tasks per session.

I say this cause a booted up the ps4 for Spotify and it took 20 minutes because there were updates then eula bullshit then privacy settings bullshit then i couldn’t figure out how to change users and gave up.

Good work Nintendo :)

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Hammer Bro. posted:

Hooray! Fidgiting with the public wi-fi at work and, wait a sec--

:negative:

Yeah this got me as well :(

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I really hope this gets a drat release date by the end of E3

I'm pretty hopeful it will, since @TeamCherryGames retweeted this a week ago: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1003971514486620160

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Glad I waited for Hollow Knight on the Switch. Plays so good.

Now to get good and try and get out of the first area :)

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

I finally beat the 2nd boss in hollow night. Taking the switch with me on a long weekend holiday gave me a good few hours on the plane. There’s really no way I would have been able to play as much as I have if this wasn’t a portable console. Absolutely love it it. Also the new levels that have opened up are great!

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Roydrowsy posted:

I went and got Hollow Knight after reading this thread, and it just keeps kicking my rear end. Today I spent like two hours on Hornet and got destroyed every time. I really, really want to like this game, but it is wearing me out.

Am I just awful, or is feeling infuriated and terrible part of the experience?

I spent a whole weekend on hornet, getting stuck where you did, so don’t feel bad.

Training for it helped a lot. I’d go into the battle and not even try to hit her at all, just avoiding attacks for as long as possible and only ever hitting her if she was close and it was a sure thing. Knowing when it’s safe to heal is really important too.

Apparently the next few bosses aren’t as hard and it’s opened up a whole bunch of new content so there is stuff to look forward to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

How does Cities Skylines run? It looked really bad in the Direct...

• Locked thread