Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Spellman posted:

Switch is the NWO

So what you're saying is I should be waiting for 4DS Wolfpac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

lelandjs posted:

The first South Park game uses Oblivion's proprietary Onyx engine; I can see Ubisoft/Oblivion being hesitant to put in the work to make the engine work on the Switch when there's really only one or two games that would realistically be released that use it, especially when there is a (comparatively) small customer base that would buy the game.

Also the game's been delayed like five times already.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I dunno I like getting games for far cheaper on the seasonal Steam sales or PSN's weekly regular and PS+ enhanced flash sales. I liked getting Uncharted 4 for $25 instead of like $40 at GameStop!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/885600285376167936

Rexroom posted:

3rd party woes, a play in two acts

Act one

Act two

https://twitter.com/lawbreakers/status/885305442364256257

I suspect some devs are passing the Switch because they're ignorant as hell.

The DS4's touchpad also acts as 4 buttons (or 1 general button) plus 4 different swipe directions for a minimum possible 5 extra inputs so :confused:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

grand theft grotto posted:

Though that is true I have yet to myself encounter a game that did anything meaningful with that. Lots of games just use pressing the touchpad as "bring up the map" or something.

I'm playing Elite Dangerous right now and it uses all four corners to do various functions (cycling through weapon subsystems, bringing up various ship menus). Games like Witcher 3 also use the various swipe directions to bring up various menus instead of having to fumble around the terrible console UI. It's entirely possible that Lawbreakers is some kind of sperg as gently caress arena FPS with a lot of button commands and they just shoved a bunch into the touchpad controls I guess?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I really liked Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution's with the various arcades you could visit, each with their own unique kitted out versions of the fighters with made-up user names to simulate the feeling of fighting randos with unique customization, and they all had varying skill levels and could unlock things by beating them and the arcade.

Now adays I don't give a gently caress if it has any kind of special single player mode or not. I'm playing these games to fight other people, I don't want to bother with some kind of story. I love Tekken 7, probably best fighting game of the year so far, have never touched the story mode.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I had Ice Cream for dessert after dinner last night and it was great. I had chocolate chip cookie dough, god bless.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

All these Xeno games have some shared iconography and sometimes shared characters but they're pretty separate.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Some of those new Xenoblade 2 tracks are awesome, can't wait for the full soundtrack.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dizz posted:

I'm kinda amazed that free to play games haven't tried getting on consoles.

There's a ton of F2P games on consoles now. I just checked the PSN store website and PS4's F2P option has 50 different games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah if its like Destiny and you have to play on Saturday or whatever that's bad.

Destiny's Iron Banner is once a month and runs for a week, so you get plenty of time to play but it's not like Salmon Rush where that's a unique mode with supposedly really good loot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

I was talking about ole Xur

Oh, Xur's a bitch who rarely brings anything good anyway so he can gently caress off.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/887489276543344640

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

HyperPuma posted:

its gonna be real sad when stardew finally comes out and its 30 bucks and i dont buy it

Switch Tax™

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Frankston posted:

Problem solved :smug:

mods MODS

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should just have friends only party chat at a system level and not worry about any individual games.

This with the ability to just plug a headset into the Switch's headphone jack would honestly solve most of my issues with it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PC gaming? Windows phones? No Stardew Valley?

Truly, this thread is in the darkest timeline.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I used to live by a Walmart that had Samurai Warriors 3 for Wii still at $60, I think it's still there.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, that's the downside of having a majority of your players on wi-fi.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

InFlames235 posted:

For real, man?? THIS is how simple voice chat should be:

Vita also had a built-in microphone so you could do voice chat without even needing a headset.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Did any Vita game feature voice chat?

Did anyone even use voice chat on the Vita?

Vita was the first PlayStation platform to implement Party Chat on a system OS level, so you could voice chat with friends directly through your system while playing any game rather than say using a smartphone app.

I used it while playing Soul Sacrifice Delta and Killzone: Mercenary.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I paid $70 for a pair of headphones that have lasted 2 (two) years so far, sound great, have great voice clarity, and have yet to break. God bless.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Korean Vita (then PS4/Xbone) rhythm game Superbeat: Xonic is coming to Switch this October 3rd in North America. Here's a gameplay trailer for the original release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPzk-ubWgA

As you might expect, it costs more money than the original releases.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

HyperPuma posted:

well i finished zelda tonight

rip nintendo switch

I'll @ you when stardew comes out

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

The only golf game you should be excited about is that one that has RPG elements and kinda looks like an amped up Mario Golf: Advance Tour.

Yeah Everybody's Golf looks sick.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Motion controls are better cause you can jump while turning.

Bumper jumper allows this too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

whaley posted:

It sucks that Street Fighter 3 hasn't released all over the place because I only got to play it like once when I found it in an arcade somewhere and it seemed pretty swell

Well a 30th Anniversary Street Fighter Collection just leaked so I guess you'll get your chance!

It's only for PS4 and Xbox One though. Guess you could just download FightCade!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm just going to go on the XCOM 2 workshop and download some Mario mods instead of buying the rabbid game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Japanese eShop getting MHXX demo on the 10th with 3 hunts and local multiplayer support. For those of you that want to try it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vita games did that a bunch with their collections, like with FFX/X-2 Collection. Storage space on cartridges is a big deal.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

More arcade and shmup ports.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXDT6GSOClA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wir5mOQisJg

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

News on some 2K Switch games

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/892841475033190400

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

None of that will matter when the Switch gets Mario Strikers and Inazuma Eleven

When's Mario Grapplers

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Why would I need to save musou energy for games that I've already played???

Fire Emblem Warriors will probably be good if it's another case of TK just smashing together mechanics from other Musous that worked like Hyrule was, so even with the narrow roster focus on base version it'll probably be fun. Don't think I like the heavy DLC slant that Hyrule brought to Musou, given that I much prefer full expansions ala Xtreme Warriors with new campaigns plus a handful of new guys rather than season passes but whatever Ike's :10bux:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Given the way anime game adaptations work now it'll be a Bandai Namco PS4 action game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Pro Controller d-pad I have registers any force pressed onto it for a certain direction as the input rather than the part of the d-pad I'm actually pressing onto. So for example if I press on the down d-pad but my thumb is pushing more force on the left side of the down d-pad then it registers it as a left input. A lot of people complain about this stuff hard for games like Puyo Puyo Tetris where different d-pad inputs can have drastically different effects.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Dragon Quest Builders 2 just got announced for PS4 and Switch.

Kick rear end, I liked the first one on PS4 and I'll probably get the sequel there too.

Here's some footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euG4FL3QjpM

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Did I miss that dqb is coming to switch? The original or a new one?

They're making a sequel for PS4 and Switch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-YCagr5Wus

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Gotta give people leeway as this is the first time it's coming out on a gaming platform people actually own.

Lots of people own Androids and iPhones

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ehhem, I said *gaming* platform.

It's also on 3DS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

There's a difference between hating the fact that a game is available for a certain console and not getting excited in the slightest. Especially when they'll likely charge $30 like they did for Cave Story.

Yeah, I got Super Meat Boy for free on PS+ and I think I'm good.

• Locked thread