Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
NINTENDO IS CUTE. MARIO IS GOOD.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thinkt he switch is good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Didn't Golden Frieza job to Vegeta

no, Goku jobbed to Golden Frieza and Vegeta kicked the poo poo out of him

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

shes good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i still maintain that the motion aiming is inverted from what it should be

you can invert it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I Am Frick posted:

So there's been a lot of ground made lately on one particular front in the Switch universe that, I feel, should be mentioned in the OP: hacking.

I don't know if this consitutes :filez:, which is why I feel it should be in the OP. If it is, there should be a warning saying to not talk about it.

On that note, in the past week people working the Switch managed to get hold of the kernel, which is a huge step toward homebrew and everything along those lines (which includes piracy, hence :filez:). Is conversation about this allowed? I remember back in the day of the Wii that it was allowed (it even had its own megathread), but not sure how times have changed on this since, at the time, there were even piracy subforums here.

generally its fine to discuss, but not link if its warez

talking about advances in homebrew should be kosher though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wonder how they would do ink mechanics in a strategy game

you shoot the ink at the ground with a 95% chance to hit and you somehow miss

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have written a song for this thread ahem

*strums guitar once* the Switch is good

Thank you

Also D.Va and Pearl would be friends

thats a good song

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so do you really need the app for partying or anything

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

same

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol I just heard you basically have to have that dumb multi wire setup to hear both game chat & voip through the headset

no thanks, ill just use discord. ill launch it to buy some equipment

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bill Barber posted:

Why would Discord be any different? You still need to route both audio from your Switch and your phone into your headset...

because discord didnt make a console and expect me to rig a bunch of poo poo together to talk to people online

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bill Barber posted:

But you still have to rig a bunch of poo poo together for it to work. So you're just not using the app out of spite then I guess? Seems like a rational response.

ok

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

I think I posted a few months ago about the absolutely horrendous struggles I had playing Mario Kart 8D online. Could barely make it through a single match without the dreaded "a communication error has occurred'. I've tried every rumored solution: changing the DNS settings, changing the WiFi frequency and channel, moving the router around, nothing. So I bought one of these USB LAN adapters hoping that might help.

Nope. What gives? I'm on a bog standard cable internet connection in a big city that is rock solid for literally every other game on every other platform I've ever used it on. How loving hard is it to allow me to play Mario Kart? Please tell me there's a reason, a solution, beyond "lol Nintendo".

Nintendo doesnt understand the internet

their suggestions are to open every possible port or put your switch in the DMZ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Raserys posted:

*bursts frantically into thread* hey guys has anyone heard about this voice chat app???? crazy!!!!

what about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know if I can do stardew on switch because there are some QoL mods that make small changes which make a huge difference

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol if you dont like stardew valley

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GoldfishStew posted:

Yeah it was a dumb judgmental post. I don't have fun with those games but if you find it fun, that's great. It was a shitpost. Sorry.

you dont have to apologize bud

im kidding

its ok to not like it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
best kirby ability is wing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, another DS model

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i dont plan on buying xenoblade

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this actually makes me more interested in it, because I was a hard no before

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
RIP AND TEAR

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Doom loving owns

Wolfenstein owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this looks cool as gently caress

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Lobster posted:

Edit: So I'm going to pick up Doom and Wolfenstein even though I don't like that genre of games just because I want to send the message that we want more of that type of game. Am I crazy?

have you played the new doom or the most recent Wolfenstein? you might like them

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
doom loving owns

2016 goty

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

katkillad2 posted:

I can't wait for Stardew to release, so hopefully the dumb meme posting stops.

when does it come out

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im not gonna buy wolfenstein II or doom on the switch because i have doom on PC and wolfenstein II im getting on PC but dang im glad its gonna be on there

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zelder posted:

Who is the guy who can't post in these threads because he's the most negative man in the whole world?

that sounds like a lot of goons

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beastie posted:

I've never played a Diablo game

wowzers!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mister Facetious posted:

Does it still have the "you have to manually pick up health, ammo, and armour" *design choice* that ruined the last game too?

i think it owns actually!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I completely ignored FF15 since its just on PS4

whats good about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mario rpg on the SNES actually is the best tho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

Wait, so I literally just connected to the JP Eshop in 5 minutes and bought a Japanese game with a foreign credit card. In any other console I would have to Jailbreak to make it region free and buy overpriced JP point cards at shady websites.

What the gently caress? Did nintendo finally get good at the internet? Or are they so bad this Good Thing is actually happening because of their oversight?

they're bad at the internet, but they're good at that one thing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a golf story thread yet? If not, it's obvious we need one.

be the change you want to see on the forums,f riend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

VladimirLeninpest posted:

Is this the fishing game?

I always loved the art style in this game when I saw it in ads. Never played it but I've heard it's good and they made sequels.

just lolling if Nintendo doesn't make a new legend of the river king

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

REMINDING YOURSELF THAT OVERCONFIDENCE IS A SLOW AND INSIDIOUS KILLER...WOULD BE PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH

https://twitter.com/DarkestDungeon/status/913778264547528704

:woop: :woop: :woop:

holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chernabog posted:

What kind of game is darkest dungeon?

okay, lets say you come to a town and its all hosed up and run down. there are monsters all over the place. and when I say monsters, I mean mind breaking horrors that cause disease and insanity. you command 4 intrepid heroes at a time by going into the hosed up places and killing these horrors, but along the way your people's minds and bodies break because of how hosed up it all is. you remedy this by letting them go to brothels and church and stuff, but they still bear the mental scars from these outings and do things like steal loot from you, freak out at the worst possible time and get your whole party killed, and when they die, they're dead for good. you gotta pick up another adventurer and ruin their life too.

theres a wide range of adventurers with unique abilities, but you will ruin their lives and they will probably die.

its turn based combat with a heavy emphasis on strategy and party positioning. and RNG that hates you.

• Locked thread